View Poll Results: Add Super Protector Limit

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

10 40.00%
  • No

15 60.00%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    I think it's time already that you optimised siege....

Also, this limit and removable malarky is stupid. You think we have a problem with container removers? You just wait until super pros are removable.

ChanClan
    Quote Originally Posted by $carface View Post

Also, this limit and removable malarky is stupid. You think we have a problem with container removers? You just wait until super pros are removable.
    Indeed. Optimize the non-lagability too..

doesnt need to be removable if people doesnt place it on stupid places also i vote yes fot the mini shield as removable

That's WildCard's job imo, I don't want to step in anyone's toes and afaik he's still active on doing it, I have a huge respect for developers in that aspect, so I always attempt to not "invade" other coders "territory" of sort to speak.

However, that doesn't mean I won't do a new version soon, actually I was thinking to do my own version of siege but completely new from scratch in my own way, and not building it from an existing one (and yeah, it would be extremely optimized). But the point of this siege would never be to replace the current one, it will be slightly different one (not much in gameplay, but on visuals and new buildings).

But before I do any of that, I have to finish and release another mod first...

Sam got a point...

Quote Originally Posted by ChanClan View Post
    I think you mean Super Containers, which we could up to 3 just for giggles....
    No, I meant super pro obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Feralidragon View Post
    That's WildCard's job imo, I don't want to step in anyone's toes and afaik he's still active on doing it, I have a huge respect for developers in that aspect, so I always attempt to not "invade" other coders "territory" of sort to speak.

However, that doesn't mean I won't do a new version soon, actually I was thinking to do my own version of siege but completely new from scratch in my own way, and not building it from an existing one (and yeah, it would be extremely optimized). But the point of this siege would never be to replace the current one, it will be slightly different one (not much in gameplay, but on visuals and new buildings).

But before I do any of that, I have to finish and release another mod first...
    I haven't spoke to WC lately but I don't think he is actively dev'ing anymore..

Well, at least from what I have seen so far some weeks ago he released a new version of his Gauntlet gametype, and before that some screens relative his own new version of siege here in this forum.... idk how he's progressing as of now, but I am assuming that he's still on it.

I have been hesitant in making anything for siege exactly because of that.

But anyway, either he releases a new one or not, I will do my own from scratch. I play siege a lot, and there are a lot of things there that annoy me and that I personally miss and want implemented and fixed.
    After I release the mod I am doing now I "may" start on it.

But prepare though, this time containers should "look" like containers, protectors like protectors, etc (the nuke fx should be different as well, etc), but everything low poly and most of them opaque rather than translucent so you can see many at once (reducing visual lag some people get), yet detailed enough and distinguishable.
    I have some quite ambitious ideas for siege that should make it fair, far more interesting and noob-friendly (in a good way for everyone), but you will have to wait though.

As far as I understand, this would be the only build that is limited in the game. I think one of the most attractive principles of siege is the flexibility involved in how you build your base. I think that when lots of SP's are around it is fun. It makes you think strategically. Perhaps, if you feel they are dominating the game, just up the RU requirement for SP's.

what about minishields?

Thread Information