Quote Originally Posted by .seVered.][ View Post
We simply need to take an attack/counter attitude with the design of our available weapons and their counterparts. Currently we already have most of the attack weapons countered with appropriate defense weapons.
This is a very important point.

I was browsing youtube the other day and came across the ventilator, which had me most interested out of all the ideas in this thread.

I think the ventilator could best be used differently to how it's shown in the videos, as a type of bomb in the style of EMPs and Neutrons. The ventilator is planted somewhere on the map (NOT a supplier, and not the core). All of the opposing team that the ventilator is being used against get an alert saying 'VENTILATOR DETECTED' (or some such), and have eight seconds to destroy the seed and leech RU from it before it develops.

If the opposing team fail to destroy the seed, an orb the size of a Level 5 Forcefield opens up. It might be better labelled a Black Hole, because the effect that it has is to suck all rockets that strike the orb and suck them into the centre. All of this enables the attacking team to fire rockets from a distance at the orb, which sucks the rockets to the centre and deal damage to whichever builds are in the nucleus of the orb. This could make attacking builds much easier, although it's always balanced against the risk of having an expensive Ventilator built and leeched from before it can develop!

Let me know if anyone likes the sound.