Currently Bugged - Page 2

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Can we get a release with all these fixes?

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|SilverWing View Post
    I have already fixed it
    on pub it's not fixed... on pub i have not tested

Quote Originally Posted by $carface View Post
    Can we get a release with all these fixes?
    I WISH! ... if wishes were fishes, the world would eat.

Quote Originally Posted by Higor View Post
    Translocator location update issue:

Epic games should have fixed this in the first place, translocator position isn't correctly updated until it hits the ground.
    If it hits an invisible collision hull (for example), the player won't notice until it lands.
    The real problem is how they update physics (tick dependent, and linearity where things are not linear, like and specially acceleration [velocity += delta*acceleration; newposition += delta*velocity; that's how I believe they do things and is flawed with different tickrates, as they provide different physical results, as during x delta, the velocity doesn't remain the same during all x in real physics -> linearity where things are not linear]) and the fact positions are rounded to ints and rotators zipped to bytes.
    It's an architecture problem of the engine as a whole.

The translocator issue is very simple, it has 2 replication stages/methods:

1- Spawned: Tearoff replication, totally simulated by client.
    2- Hits the ground a first time, becomes updated regularly by engine.

On clients, translocators won't hit blockall actors, or won't show when they remain 'bouncing' on a sloped wall.
    And no, it's not a rare case, on CTF-Face it is of great advantage to do 90º upwards launches in mid air, or to make them stick to a wall and impact launch them from the ground to the enemy sniper halls, or to combo them in mid air, I could keep talking about these...

Bottom line is, that in Siege it doesn't properly show when it actually hits a solid actor, and in other mods, top translocator users can't get the best of their launching tactics due to these bugs, unless they practiced and timed their translocator launches.

If that's the actual issue, you guys could just subclass the current translocator and translocatortarget and fix it (like a sgTranslocator and sgTranslocatorTarget), it's not that hard afaik (I mean, the actual problem is that Touch is non-simulated there for some dumb reason to start with, so the event won't trigger in the client ever, from there a few role_authority checks where proper and it's good to go, at least that's how I have my own custom trans in my pack).
    You could even fix the seriously dumb coding there is on Touch function, that makes it hit anything like a wall that is not inventory, triggers and navigation points (I still wonder why... I mean, it's ok to add those 3 to the "always pass through", as for the rest they should just make a block check instead of taking them all as blockable).

EDIT: Loving the slightly avatar change Higor xD

Thread Information