User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Siege Server

Alright guess the teambalancer isn't an easy way to fix it but have there been any serious discussions on allowing the supplier to supply more than one person at a time?

i would say faster give of weapons is better for a sup than multiple players at once.

Quote Originally Posted by ][X][~FLuKE~][X][_{HoF} View Post
    i would say faster give of weapons is better for a sup than multiple players at once.
    I would say BOTH, AND increase the speed of the Super Supplier as well.

Quote Originally Posted by .se\/ered.][ View Post
    I would say BOTH, AND increase the speed of the Super Supplier as well.
    Increase the speed of super supplier? You want people to just literally enter and exit? It's not realistic to make a normal supplier into a super supplier and make the super supplier a super duper supplier
    Last edited by SAM; 07-21-2012 at 09:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by $carface View Post
    Increase the speed of super supplier? You want people to just literally enter and exit? It's not realistic to make a normal supplier into a super supplier and make the super supplier a super super supplier
    No I meant to OPTIMIZE both the supplier and the Super Supplier to distribute weapons more evenly and to make the Supplier give out ammo to everyone at once but SLOWLY.
    Last edited by .seVered.][; 07-21-2012 at 09:14 PM.

No I meant to OPTIMIZE both the supplier and the Super Supplier to distribute weapons more evenly and to make the Supplier give out ammo to everyone at once but SLOWLY.
    And for the love of god, add some form of supplier player protection, so dickwads who camp the sup cant get a whole bunch of easy kills. The protection is only valid while they are receiving ammo and health, and once the player tops out or leaves it the protection fades rendering them vulnerable again. If you fire your weapon while under sup protection, like normal spawn protection, you lose it immediately. And to prevent people from building sups to camp outside bases, the protection only applies to the master supplier/SS/SHP i.e. the ones that are immune to damage.

I'm also currently cooking up a decent (maybe) idea as to how to handle the team balancing issue. Ill post it in this thread once ive finished fleshing out the idea.
    Problem Officer?

The supplier really works fine for the majority of Siege players, but one inexperienced player or tool feigning death/crouching can bring a team down quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrious View Post
    And for the love of god, add some form of supplier player protection, so dickwads who camp the sup cant get a whole bunch of easy kills. The protection is only valid while they are receiving ammo and health, and once the player tops out or leaves it the protection fades rendering them vulnerable again. If you fire your weapon while under sup protection, like normal spawn protection, you lose it immediately. And to prevent people from building sups to camp outside bases, the protection only applies to the master supplier/SS/SHP i.e. the ones that are immune to damage.

I'm also currently cooking up a decent (maybe) idea as to how to handle the team balancing issue. Ill post it in this thread once ive finished fleshing out the idea.
    I've concocted that the ForceField could be modifed and used as a model for a Supplier Field (to protect the supplier). Wildcard has signed on to the idea, but I have not got any local's to speak up yet.

I've concocted that the ForceField could be modifed and used as a model for a Supplier Field (to protect the supplier). Wildcard has signed on to the idea, but I have not got any local's to speak up yet.
    hmmm, not bad.

One idea ive thought of is a free-form flat shield that can be set up through the placement of 4 points in space. You place each of the 4 points (500 each) where you want within a reasonable distance, and once all 4 are placed, the field activates. Strength is determined by the upgrade status of each point, Lv0 at all 4 being the weakest (a few rocket clusters will break the field) and Lv5 at all 4 being the strongest (the field can withstand a DIRECT hit from a neutron bomb and still have 25% of its life left). All 4 corners are damaged in an attack, and if one corner breaks the entire field fails until the corner is re-built. Multiple players can contribute to the building of a force wall (i like that name), so if the player who built it leaves and then a corner breaks, another person can build a replacement and re-establish the wall. Other than the fact its a sheet instead of a sphere and it has 4 parts that need conts, it is functionally the same as a FF, so enemy players can still walk through and rape your shit. Only 1 wall can be set up at a time per team, and the size is limited to how big it can get.

Also, im throwing up my idea for managing the team balancing issue shortly. Please dont flame me too hard.
    Problem Officer?

OK, here is my idea, after posting this im off to bed because im tired as hell.

The one idea ive come up with right now is an encrypted file clientside in the system folder. To generate the file, the team-balancer client-side part reads all of the INI files in the folder, and generates a 128-byte string (SHA-512) from that (i chose the INI files because its not likely 2 people have all the exact same INI files. In fact, with different names, its impossible). When that is done, a file is created that contains the string, a CRC list of all of the INI files thus scanned, the player name, and IP (or ranges of IP). A copy of the file would be kept server-side to help prevent tampering and for comparison purposes.
    Apon logging in, the server would compare the files and player name. If a match, then the player is let in and properly sorted. If the file is not a match, the player is banned from the server until otherwise unbanned for attempting to unbalance the game. If the file matches but the name doesnt, the server wont ban them, but will prevent log-in, with a message saying something along the lines of "this is an alias, go to the forums and get it added to this ID" along with a link to here. If the player has never played on the server before, then the generation process will begin.

So, say, this alteration/separate plugin had already been created, and i had joined the server the first time. The following text (possibly) would be generated before undergoing some basic encryption so its not easily modifiable:

Team-Balance v9.001

[Player Names]
    Cyrious[OCN]

[IP]

[Hash ID]
    50f1e9e2dde9a2ccf534c8be508043091d50c80296aeee38e4 4734e882c79a8238639c10580526060db9a0162cdec1a50784 c7c685c48dff603a9506701f6e71

[INI CRC list]
    ACE 46bc512f
    ACETemp 079a18df
    asc7cc 2d57f3ac
    asc7id f346d3bd
    BTRecords c988c8df
    Default 92f36766
    Defuser 501015e1
    EUT 501015e1
    IGhudv2B ec05d3cc
    Manifest (2) 111cc831
    Manifest d99ca0da
    MonsterHunt 75eb7909
    mplaynow ee2dd3b6
    NaliWeaponsII 55e7dddc
    NemesisWINGSvX df19fa96
    NPLoader 841d6048
    ONP 3ae4c65f
    OpenGlDrv 73be23db
    SiegeUltimate 9dfd27fd
    SiegeultimateRC2 9f66d8aa
    SiegeUltimateRC5 e25a24af
    SiegeUltimateRC6 75517b23
    SiegeUltimateRC7 0b0e958c
    SiegeUltimateRC11 69e2909b
    SiegeUltimateRC12A de07126c
    UnrealEd 3acaafde
    UnrealTournament f46c9ced
    User 2a27613e
    XCTFAnnouncer 513aa7fc
    Zeroping 7acba438
    (yes, i went through all the effort to actually get all of the CRCs for those files.)

The above data would then be copied to the server, and the 128 character string would become my player ID, never to change. The CRC list is more of another layer of insurance against tampering the client-side file, and is basically not needed other than for comparison (the files will not be re-hashed during subsequent logons).
    My name and IP would be tied to this 128 character string. Apon login, the following values will be compared:

the file itself vs what is kept on the server
    my name vs what is kept on the server
    my IP vs ""
    the CRC list vs ""

The CRC list should ALWAYS match 1:1. If not, then the client-side file has been tampered/corrupted, and the server will refuse login with the option to download the file from the server.
    If the player connecting from an IP does not match, but everything else checks out, the server will refuse login but ask if they would like to add that IP to their list, at which point both client and server side files are updated with the new IPs, and the login is allowed.
    If the player name has been changed but everything else is good, the server will do the same as if it was the IP, tying the new name to the hash. Both files are updated, and the player is let in.

Questions comments? Am i just blowing air out my ass at this point? Keep in mind i cooked this whole hairbrained thing up after having been up for 14 hours, so im a bit whacked in the head.

The hashing and encryption should be instantaneous on any computer built within the last 15 years, the only potential problem i see is if the server, because at the start of a match in a full server thats 22 IDs that need to be downloaded, decrypted, checked, and then finally the teams balanced out. There is also the issue if 2 people log in from the same IP but otherwise have entirely different check files.
    Problem Officer?

Thread Information