User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by |uK|B|aZe//. View Post
    does it matter you will still be shit regardless
    kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk lol blaze

CTR owns lol
    try play with 800x600 at 80hz and 80 maxframe limit on a CTR monitor and rape
    (above 80 does not change anything, the human eye can capture 80 images in one second, some 'superior ones' can capture up a little)

60 or 80? lol

80, set it on windows (you need creat a personal refresh rate configuration using nvidea driver or other software) and on ut.ini

60 is shit, it is possible to see clearly frame by frame

i already used 115, 100 and 95 hz, it's not good, tooo much smooth, bad for reflexives shots
    Last edited by HIGH[+]AdRiaN; 07-22-2012 at 04:02 PM.

I actually think the higher the refresh rate the better. The eye cannot pick up anything over 80 hz but it does not matter because maybe at 120 hz the smoothness, performance and responsiveness of the mouse is probably much better than it was @ 80hz. But I agree playing @ 60 hz is ridiculous and feels like crap. I still don't understand why gaming LCDs that are 120hz are still worst than CRTs even though they have the same refresh rates and are worth more than double the price.
    Last edited by Deepack; 07-22-2012 at 04:25 PM.

Depends on the quality of the LCD screen, I've seen shit ones, and very good ones. The only way to know is by testing these out.

I ended up getting a 23" LCD Samsung, which in my opinion is as good (refresh wise) as my old 19" CRT NEC Multisync.
    Use a digital connection to get the best out of it, because if you want to connect one of these LCD screens to a VGA plug, then you'll indeed waste money.

D3D Refresh limit? Play on OpenGL.

Quote Originally Posted by Deepack View Post
    I actually think the higher the refresh rate the better. The eye cannot pick up anything over 80 hz but it does not matter because maybe at 120 hz the smoothness, performance and responsiveness of the mouse is probably much better than it was @ 80hz. But I agree playing @ 60 hz is ridiculous and feels like crap. I still don't understand why gaming LCDs that are 120hz are still worst than CRTs even though they have the same refresh rates and are worth more than double the price.
    yes, the refresh rate affects the game performance, but 120 FOR ME is not good... it's good for shoot at the right time, but i can not control perfectly my crosshair if i move it fast with super high hz

for me:

Reflexives/fast shots____________________Shot Time/keep the crosshairs on target
    Low Hz................................................ ...............................................Hig h Hz

80 hz is between the aim styles... if you pay attention to me will see that many times i wait for shot, i keep 3 or 4 secs no shoting... a player with high hz always do it auisehase

but im good on reflex/fast shots too (:
    many times i kill apes with trans, speed boots... but with 120 hz it's really impossible, beleave!

on the other hand if you play with 60 hz hasueh
    you will have very more difficulty for hit an enemy walking straight and do not using dodge LOL

--- Updated ---

Quote Originally Posted by Higor View Post
    Depends on the quality of the LCD screen, I've seen shit ones, and very good ones. The only way to know is by testing these out.

I ended up getting a 23" LCD Samsung, which in my opinion is as good (refresh wise) as my old 19" CRT NEC Multisync.
    Use a digital connection to get the best out of it, because if you want to connect one of these LCD screens to a VGA plug, then you'll indeed waste money.

D3D Refresh limit? Play on OpenGL.
    High resolution makes the same sansation of low hz
    reduces the size of your screen using the monitor menu and look how the game will appear smoother

im using d3d8
    Last edited by HIGH[+]AdRiaN; 07-22-2012 at 11:12 PM.

We all get used to certain HZ, my ideal is 85, but playing on 1080p only allows me to go up to 70 on my screen.
    An advantage of playing at 85hz is, that if the game starts skipping frames (slowdowns), it will still run at 42.5 fps which is acceptable.

I believe we should all agree that the 60fps cap direct3D 9 has is garbage and ruins the gaming experience and CRT player's eyesight over time.
    Deepack, if you get a CRT, make sure you can play over 60fps.

=====
    Adrian, I know.
    I stick to 1080p due to most long distance maps and stuff, but on competitive matches or DM I switch to a 4:3 1200x900 (DVI lets my screen keep aspect ratio) and 85hz, this combined with ZP is killer.

Edit:
    I skipped d3d8 because it takes 10 extra seconds to start the game or change resolution, I guess it's a problem with my ATI drivers or something.
    Last edited by Higor; 07-22-2012 at 11:29 PM.

A thread just for nerds apparently, has 3 pages already DAYUM
    Season ranks: MLSG - #45 Semis, MLSG II - #38 Finals, MLSG III - #34 Finals, GU.Siege - #32 5th Place, IST - #11 CHAMPION

I stick to 1080p due to most long distance maps and stuff, but on competitive matches or DM I switch to a 4:3 1200x900 (DVI lets my screen keep aspect ratio) and 85hz, this combined with ZP is killer.
    Competitive pub games? You're doing it wrong.
    1200x900 does sound pretty gud though.

Quote Originally Posted by HIGH[+]AdRiaN View Post
    yes, the refresh rate affects the game performance, but 120 FOR ME is not good... it's good for shoot at the right time, but i can not control perfectly my crosshair if i move it fast with super high hz

for me:

Reflexives/fast shots____________________Shot Time/keep the crosshairs on target
    Low Hz................................................ ...............................................Hig h Hz

80 hz is between the aim styles... if you pay attention to me will see that many times i wait for shot, i keep 3 or 4 secs no shoting... a player with high hz always do it auisehase

but im good on reflex/fast shots too (:
    many times i kill apes with trans, speed boots... but with 120 hz it's really impossible, beleave!

on the other hand if you play with 60 hz hasueh
    you will have very more difficulty for hit an enemy walking straight and do not using dodge LOL[COLOR="Red"]

interesting... The thing about LCDs with high refresh rates is that it's hard to find them in local stores. I've checked online at futureshop, staples, walmart and there are only about 2 of them I found that have 120hz which cost more than $300. Maybe you can only find a better price for them on ebay or other online sites.

--- Updated ---

We all get used to certain HZ, my ideal is 85, but playing on 1080p only allows me to go up to 70 on my screen.
    An advantage of playing at 85hz is, that if the game starts skipping frames (slowdowns), it will still run at 42.5 fps which is acceptable.

I believe we should all agree that the 60fps cap direct3D 9 has is garbage and ruins the gaming experience and CRT player's eyesight over time.
    Deepack, if you get a CRT, make sure you can play over 60fps.

=====
    Adrian, I know.

Edit:
    I skipped d3d8 because it takes 10 extra seconds to start the game or change resolution, I guess it's a problem with my ATI drivers or something.
    True, only way I can use 75 hertz is by using a lower resolution on my monitor or else it'll be forced back to 60hz on the highest resolution. btw I'm getting well over 60 frames lol I think that has more to do with your graphics card rather than monitor.

Thread Information