User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Unban Request

Quote Originally Posted by InfraRed View Post
    Well I have no idea if he could spot one, I think they had an admin team sort through that as well. Andromeda also helped out alot and eventually took over. I'm not sure if he could spot one either but I do know I played his clans and had battles setup when the new anti came out. Played the same like i've always done, doesn't mean i'm the best by any means but just played like I always do. I would think Andro could spot a cheat through demos and such but not entirely sure.
    I don't understand this fixation with demo's to spot cheaters though...I mean they do help a little with the aimboters that don't even try to hide, but the majority of aimbots out there are configured (and are configurable) to hide. They have smooth aiming to make it look like a human is aiming (no snap-to 180 headshots). They are programmed (and can be modified) to miss a lot. You can adjust your aiming angle so that when your bot is active it will only auto-target players within whatever angle you choose (so you don't make those 180 headshots). They are configured and can be changed to aim for just headshots, just bodyshots or both at random. I've even heard of "kill lists" though I've never actually seen that...but I've often wondered why some people, upon entering a new game or being switched teams suddenly stop for 20-30 seconds then continue playing (maybe to modify their kill list?).

And there are many many other features to hide the fact they use an aimbot, so making a demo can help you spot the crappy aimbots, but the majority of aimbots require a dozen demo's over a dozen games and rewatching those demo's repeatedly for the little signs that can't be hidden, and I don't know of anyone that has the time to do that.

A bot that misses(Mabey non-zp or when you got lag it might)? Onlything a Bot has, is like a fire delay(Talking about miss shots, not the other things).. Of course you could go manual aim, then hit a button for the bot(Trigger Bot),but who in their right mind would go full auto(Youll asking to get caught lol)? Also,even if a player uses a Trigger,it will bug up.. No cheat/anti cheat is 100% perfect.. But like i always said,i would focus more on rader abuse in pug/league play and thats why demorecs are used..
    I dont think any coder would use a "Kill list" lol.. Be really dumb and not even worth the time,cause it would go after the players name?

But ya, Zp Insta,full auto bot, with the best settings is lol easy to spot.. Triggers will bug up and mabey thats what you see when players stop for 20-30secs to disable/reload the cheat,then again, mabey they got text

Quote Originally Posted by Waa View Post
    A bot that misses(Mabey non-zp or when you got lag it might)? Onlything a Bot has, is like a fire delay(Talking about miss shots, not the other things).. Of course you could go manual aim, then hit a button for the bot(Trigger Bot),but who in their right mind would go full auto(Youll asking to get caught lol)? Also,even if a player uses a Trigger,it will bug up.. No cheat/anti cheat is 100% perfect..
    Well I'm always willing to admit if I'm wrong about something...but this doesn't make sense to me, and of course I'm no expert but of course you can make an aimbot that misses. I mean look at the actual UT bots (the non-players..not the aimbots), Loque on GOD mode never misses but lower the setting and he does miss. That's a programmed miss, lower it enough and he misses a lot, again all programmed misses. I don't know how that's accomplished but the end result is a miss. I'm sure the same can be done for aimbots. I'm not talking manual aim here either, but having the aimbot on full auto and miss a lot because it's programmed to miss.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

But like i always said,i would focus more on rader abuse in pug/league play and thats why demorecs are used..
    Agreed on that. Radar use is pretty much the only thing your going to be able to find using a demo...well speed hacks and damage hacks and other such stuff that are readily noticeable as well.

I dont think any coder would use a "Kill list" lol.. Be really dumb and not even worth the time,cause it would go after the players name?
    It would prevent the aimbot from switching to a nearer player and making the aimbot look like an aimbot by always switching. You have a kill list, or maybe call it a priority list. If player1 is in front of you but player 2 shows up nearby within your programmed aiming angle and player 2 is higher on your priority list then switch to player2, otherwise stay on player1.

This is of course just speculation, as I said I only heard about this and never saw one of these for myself but kill lists/priority lists do make sense from a stealth point of view.

But ya, Zp Insta,full auto bot, with the best settings is lol easy to spot.. Triggers will bug up and mabey thats what you see when players stop for 20-30secs to disable/reload the cheat,then again, mabey they got text
    I don't know what it is i'm seeing when people stop for 20-30 seconds...though I'm sure a lot of the time it is for real life stuff and nothing to do with the game...however there are some players i've seen that seem to do it a lot when a game first starts or when they are switched teams so who knows....though I've also seen some youtube vids of aimbots in action and the aimboter will stop for 20-30 seconds and you will see a menu pop up and they click a few buttons and then go back to the game. Of course you can't find someone guilty of a hack for doing this because there are so many real valid reasons for stopping from time to time, but it's something else to add to a "keep an eye on" list

I always thought the skill level for game bots did this. 0% skill level, equals a lot of simulated lag for the bot and 100% equals no simulated lag?

I always thought the skill level for game bots did this. 0% skill level, equals a lot of simulated lag for the bot and 100% equals no simulated lag?
    So then...when a really shitty bot misses a lot they do it by giving the bot a lot of "simulated lag"?

Well then couldn't the same be done for an aimbot?

I dont think you can do that on the users end? Cause wouldnt the players ping be high? (Zp the players ping would have to be 150+ i think)
    Also,i never seen a "Shitty bot" miss a lot?

Non-Zp the bot would miss,cause its going by ping.. Zp it wont due to the fact its like having zero ping(Unless the players ping is like 150+?)

Could be wrong,but thats how i see it

I dont think you can do that on the users end? Cause wouldnt the players ping be high? (Zp the players ping would have to be 150+ i think)
    I don't know. When I said a few posts up that I'm no expert, I really meant that. I have no idea how to code or program or anything like that. The only programming I took was C programming back in 1985. So I was hoping you...or someone else...could tell me.

Also,i never seen a "Shitty bot" miss a lot?
    That would be the point. Having an aimbot that you don't have to keep turning on/off that misses enough that you don't think you see an aimbot.

Non-Zp the bot would miss,cause its going by ping.. Zp it wont due to the fact its like having zero ping(Unless the players ping is like 150+?)

Could be wrong,but thats how i see it
    Ok, would be nice if someone could confirm that.

Quote Originally Posted by Famine View Post
    I don't understand this fixation with demo's to spot cheaters though...
    Because it's the only thing left once a cheat bypasses the anti-cheat. It's difficult to spot experienced trigger bot users but not impossible.
    I haven't seen the demo in question, so I can't comment on that.

Missed that thread, thanks.
    I watched more than 5 minutes of it, got bored but I couldn't really see anything suspicious.

Thread Information