Post your best pics! - Page 51

User Tag List

Page 51 of 77 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
    Repost, but whatever.
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

--- Updated ---

Quote Originally Posted by UT-Sniper-SJA94 View Post
    Damn! Now I want a porterhouse steak. At 3 AM.

http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript for uscript discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by UT-Sniper-SJA94 View Post
    hell yes...cooked over good charcoal

I can understand vegetarianism now, but vegan is just an unnecessary extrapolation. I'll perhaps be vegetarian later in life, but only out of meditative necessity - your body produces different enzymes to digest plant proteins vs animal proteins (which is why you'll get sick if you just try to cold turkey it into being vegetarian, your body exhausts the plant breaking enzymes and cant produce enough to sustain required protein uptake)...plant proteins are easier to digest, the enzymes require less resources to produce, the guts are left more empty more easily. but the net protein density of animal proteins is *that* much better, I'm not leaving that advantage on the table just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by sumbich View Post
    I can understand vegetarianism now, but vegan is just an unnecessary extrapolation. I'll perhaps be vegetarian later in life, but only out of meditative necessity - your body produces different enzymes to digest plant proteins vs animal proteins (which is why you'll get sick if you just try to cold turkey it into being vegetarian, your body exhausts the plant breaking enzymes and cant produce enough to sustain required protein uptake)...plant proteins are easier to digest, the enzymes require less resources to produce, the guts are left more empty more easily.
    I've never heard about the body not being able to produce enough enzymes to break down food in a plant-based diet. That would be really strange, seeing as how there are vegan bodybuilders and athletes.
    From what I understand your stomach will produce whatever enzymes that are necessary to break down the food you're usually eating, so whenever you change your diet it will take some time to readjust. So if you go from an omnivorous diet to a plant-based or plant-based to omnivorous, there's going to be a few weeks to adjust. Symptoms include increased flatulence

Quote Originally Posted by sumbich View Post
    but the net protein density of animal proteins is *that* much better, I'm not leaving that advantage on the table just yet.
    False. Black beans, for instance, has a higher protein density than meat.
    Also, I don't understand why so many people in the western world seem to be worried about proteins. Looks like most of them are getting more than they need :P

People who are worried about their health and a plant-based diet should look at the studies that are coming out these days. The World Health Organization just reported that they found that eating small amounts processed meats increases the chance of getting colorectal cancer. Red meat probably does the same but they're not sure yet.
    In addition, on a plant based diet you wouldn't have to worry about high cholesterol (our bodies produce all the cholesterol we need, and the rest comes exclusively from meat), and your chance of getting heart-disease would be lower.

And let's not even get into what producing meat does to the environment.

Quote Originally Posted by seabass View Post
    I've never heard about the body not being able to produce enough enzymes to break down food in a plant-based diet. That would be really strange, seeing as how there are vegan bodybuilders and athletes.
    From what I understand your stomach will produce whatever enzymes that are necessary to break down the food you're usually eating, so whenever you change your diet it will take some time to readjust. So if you go from an omnivorous diet to a plant-based or plant-based to omnivorous, there's going to be a few weeks to adjust. Symptoms include increased flatulence

False. Black beans, for instance, has a higher protein density than meat.
    Also, I don't understand why so many people in the western world seem to be worried about proteins. Looks like most of them are getting more than they need :P

People who are worried about their health and a plant-based diet should look at the studies that are coming out these days. The World Health Organization just reported that they found that eating small amounts processed meats increases the chance of getting colorectal cancer. Red meat probably does the same but they're not sure yet.
    In addition, on a plant based diet you wouldn't have to worry about high cholesterol (our bodies produce all the cholesterol we need, and the rest comes exclusively from meat), and your chance of getting heart-disease would be lower.

And let's not even get into what producing meat does to the environment.
    That's where flatulence comes from - your body ran out of the enzyme to break down plant based proteins. Or to be more accurate, "temporarily exceeded the body's production thereof." Running out of the enzyme to break down meat just binds you the fug up. What I was saying is that should one decide to go vegetarian, it must be done somewhat gradually, lest you constantly exceed your body's ability to focus on the plant focused enzyme. I watched this happen to a friend and he didnt believe me, eventually he went to the doc and doc told him you have a bad protein deficiency - go eat some meat and you'll be fine.

While black beans may have an excellent protein density, my comment was a general one. Seafood is generally more protein dense than chicken, I wasnt saying all meats have higher protein density than any plant.

I lol about the red meat thing, though processed shit and stuff made from pink slime is disgusting and its nasty parts in there that do it. For instance, my guts think it is absolutely perverse to eat digestive flesh from any other animal. They abhor having to break down a same type muscle fiber.

"For the environment"...is there *that much* methane you're concerned with? (The carbon dioxide scam-fraud is nothing but a charade for potential tax monies, let's be real here. Bastardizing statistics to reach the goal you want is not science, mistas briffa mann hansen.)

oh yes this is an image thread after all....how's that carbon trading schizz going? wonderfully, by my assessment, its dead.
    Last edited by sumbich; 11-22-2015 at 02:44 PM.

Thread Information