SiegeUltimateRC14a comments and suggestions - Page 8

User Tag List

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Boosters' client sound doesn't play repeatedly, now boosting sound is audible to others when booster is out of sight (non-relevant on client).

Removal of buildings hands RU back to original owner if present, otherwise the remover gets it.
    Also, the remover loses score when removing stuff.
    Last edited by Higor; 10-23-2012 at 07:06 PM.
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

My observations of recent tests:

- the 'sweeping' repair might be a bit OP
    - the new upgrade system is a bit confusing
    - the 'continuous' upgrade is good however there should be only one upgrade system rather than both being available (through keybind or not)
    - removing a build should not reward the remover with RU in any case. It shoul go to builder otherwise the top scored player. If the remover has played less than 10 mins he should lose RU whn removing.

Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post
    My observations of recent tests:

- the 'sweeping' repair might be a bit OP
    - the new upgrade system is a bit confusing
    - the 'continuous' upgrade is good however there should be only one upgrade system rather than both being available (through keybind or not)
    - removing a build should not reward the remover with RU in any case. It shoul go to builder otherwise the top scored player. If the remover has played less than 10 mins he should lose RU whn removing.
    I think the BOTTOM scored player should get the RU. But I favor the underdog's or spread evenly between remaining teammates. As far as removing before 10 minutes, well the whole removing system should be tightened up. For example

The Removing message should post to ALL players (or to admin/moderators)
    The Removing message should be easily noticed in the log:__>Player (.seVered.][) removed (SAM's) Super Supplier >
    There should be an annoying audible notice included with the REMOVE and with the KICK, like a Volkswagen horn BEEP BEEP.

This system was supposed to be updated before but it was only "enabled" and not updated.

Had I not unified the invincibility code in the suppliers, I would have never found this:

In short:
    sgEquipmentSupplier's TIMER:
    - Call FindTarget()
    - Supply the target if exists
    - (FindTarget finds oldest player in radius)

sgSupplierXXL's TIMER:
    - Call Super.Timer()
    - Call FindTarget()
    - (FindTarget finds all, and supplies all)

What's wrong here?
    Super supplier is a subclass of the basic equipment supplier, so FindTarget() is called twice.
    Supper supplier's version of FindTarget does the supply, so it is actually supplying twice per timer.

So, by removing the FindTarget() call on the sgSupplierXXL and making the supply function twice as stronger we get the same effect, less sound spam and less CPU usage.

Also, Mortars and BioBombs no longer build if they're aimed at spamming an invincible supplier.
    Criteria is simple: find closest enemy build (200uu max), if it is a protected supplier, deny.

Is the supplier is alone it will most likely fail, if theres a leech next to it and if the mortar is built on the leech's side, it will not fail.
    So on RC15, if the mortar doesn't fail to build, IT IS NOT SPAM AND YOUR TEAM DESERVED IT.

lolol SS on the core, yes please.

Btw when people remove stuff you can store it on my RU bank, I'll collect it when I join the server.

Not really, let's say the Supplier and the Core are next to each other.
    If you put the mortar closer to the Core than to the Supplier, it will not fail. It's all a matter of direction and precision.

Applying audio resampling to most of the Wave files, this should mean a significant reduction in package size.
    Also, adding a loop point and interpolation on the nuke siren sound, for the future nuke siren.

EDIT: Package size reduced in 3000 kb.
    Last edited by Higor; 10-26-2012 at 05:38 PM.

In other words 3mb

hmm i found a weird thing on the public/siege mod thing. in the supplier, you should get all ammo equally because al lthe other weapons load up faster than the sniper, the rocketlauncher gets ammo very slowly, the shock literally has instant ammo and its not equalled out right a little bit. i get 40 ammo in shock while i have 5 bullets in my sniper

Quote Originally Posted by 'Zac View Post
    hmm i found a weird thing on the public/siege mod thing. in the supplier, you should get all ammo equally because al lthe other weapons load up faster than the sniper, the rocketlauncher gets ammo very slowly, the shock literally has instant ammo and its not equalled out right a little bit. i get 40 ammo in shock while i have 5 bullets in my sniper
    yes, i hate this =/
    but remember, the supplier must be really a shit, it costs only 300, the SS is 5 times more expensive costing

Thread Information