Future versions of Siege. A more competitive and team play based Siege. Have your say - Page 3

User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Custom categories mah boi, a mutator with a 'classic' category info could be enforced, again, in an unused mapvote column.
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

My idea: make it more like XXLw, XXLx, XXLy, or XXLz. The newer versions after XXLz just weren't that great in my opinion and weren't nearly as much of a team game as what the current mess is. Not only that, the constructor options weren't nearly as cluttered, there were more ways to get killed, and protectors didn't stop firing when their targets were at 10HP. I miss playing games like those that existed on nOs and Rebellion servers 4 or 5 years ago.
    Last edited by Lee_Stricklin; 11-13-2012 at 03:04 AM.

The protectors always stopped firing when target was at 10hp. Which is why the killer protector was invents which sucked balls.

Well I agree with some of you there, Siege2 is worse than old school Siege.

I miss those days with just the Sup X and Health pod, it took skill to win lot of games...

I agree with most ideas we need a more competitive and "skill-based" Siege version.. With of course bug fixes lol

The refinery idea seemed cool, only 1 per team, and another target in order to win the game..
    I also find the Nuke Siren to be very annoying, and as someone said, it is like "shock camping at base"

IMO it should be modified to work like the Motion Alarm, whenever a nuke carrier is close it should alert the whole team with the map location.

I have another Idea:

Why not make the Super mine limited ? I mean, make the number of times it detonates about... 5-10 detonations(kills) per level or something ? it is just boring that once you Mine a portal you cant get in anymore.

Nice Thread SAM we need the good ol´ Siege back
    "Tactical Suicide!"

Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post
    Yes the recent changes have caused people to complain a lot. Those issues have been fixed.

I am now looking at ways to refine siege even further. People complain that Siege is noob friendly now especially with moving away from the XXL days. Those of you who played it, as myself, know that XXL versions were much more challenging and a lot more team promoting game mods.

Here is my proposal to bring it back, at least some what without directly going back to older versions.

I believe the "super items" such as super protector, super supp, super healthpod are too easily accessible. They should have a much more constructive way path.

As such, we should only allow the standard buildings from XXL to be available at the begininning of any game, ie standard supplier, standard healthpod, standard protector, mini shield. Going forwards, fortification can be enhanced by building a "refinery" this refinery, once built will allow your team access to items such as forcefield, super supplier, super health pod super protector. This will enable much more challenging and stimulating game environment.

As soon as the refinery is destroyed, your team must rebuild it in order to access the refined items. The already built refined items will stay and be usable regardless of whether your refinery is alive or not.

Please post your thoughts.

I would say the refinery should cost 1k non upgradeable, if upgradeable then levels should give certain items which is also up for discussion.
    great idea, will be like a progressive base, that can be increase unreservedly, like the attack stuff... the games will be a lot better, strategy and team work will need more, I'm looking forward to these updates =]

nuke siren is good chronox, is impossible fail when the enemy dont have siren... yeah, that is really a shock spam, but it is just another obstacle for differentiate the good nuker from a normal one
    Last edited by HIGH[+]AdRiaN; 11-13-2012 at 10:36 AM.

If all agreed with refinery I will make a list of refined items and possibly level based refined items access.

well the siege version that SK aka koala made was the best version and should just stop right there.

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|kenneth View Post
    well the siege version that SK aka koala made was the best version and should just stop right there.
    It's still the same version though? All the releases so far since SK have been code optimisations to make it run smoother for both client and server.

The Best There Ever Will Be! |uK|B|aZe//.'s Avatar
    go back to basics

less attacking weapons which right now siege leans WAY more towards attackers there isnt a balance for defence and attack items/gameplay

xxl2g and extremelite and ultimate the first version were the only good sieges around by far

like banny said the skill level in siege has dropped drastically because of the range of attacking items available

The items available in ultimate by koala are still there. There have been no additions either. All this sounds like to me is everyone is complaining because of the bugs that code optimisation has brought....Higor has not added any buildings at all.

Thread Information