Nuke Siren - Page 2

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nuke Siren

guys, just a reminder, all maps are different sizes so the %s will be smaller as the map gets, and gets bigger the bigger the map gets. so on simplex, itll be a smaller range because the map is smaller, and on minicivil itll be a little bit bigger. go back to school guys and STAY THERE

wat

Well you can always have the big ass range for 3000
    or the small one for 1200 so its worth making it

then again its public so cant really tell, play pugs and vote for Giuliani
    Season ranks: MLSG - #45 Semis, MLSG II - #38 Finals, MLSG III - #34 Finals, GU.Siege - #32 5th Place, IST - #11 CHAMPION

to clarify what Zac said, which he did not make much sense, means that the ns radius varies on the map. If its simplex (or any smaller map) then NS would be sorta perfect. But if its a big map (like Clarion and MiniCivil) then the NS would be worthless.
    "What's Yours Is Mine" Garret Thief (2013)
    Roberto Gómez Bolaños "Chespirito" fue si querer queriendo. You'll be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by HeatWave View Post
    to clarify what Zac said, which he did not make much sense, means that the ns radius varies on the map. If its simplex (or any smaller map) then NS would be sorta perfect. But if its a big map (like Clarion and MiniCivil) then the NS would be worthless.
    I mean, that's pretty obvious from what Higor said. What I was pointing out was that for maps like Simplex Renovated, where the nuke rooms are literally a good two miles or so from the play area, the nuke siren would pretty much cover the entire playable area of the map. The problem with my suggestion is maps like Command or Burning where the cores are very close together. So it's really a difficult call for range without doing it by individual map.

Check the poll thread Scourge

The current criteria in mind are the player starts.
    Players can only walk where they start, and no map has a player start outside of the map parameters so it's kind of appropiate.
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

That does sound reasonable, but if on Clarion or Bathrooms you've got a nuker flying in with a jetpack from an SB, you're going to have less than two seconds' warning before the nuker arrives. Maybe the range should be expanded against players with jetpacks, reasoning being that the jetpack adds a bigger radar "blip" to the siren?

Stopping a jetpacker is incredibly easy, just push him away with a shock rifle and all your team will have an extra 5 seconds to play duckhunt on him.
    It's what i've been doing lately on BathroomsEQ1
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Higor View Post
    Stopping a jetpacker is incredibly easy, just push him away with a shock rifle and all your team will have an extra 5 seconds to play duckhunt on him.
    It's what i've been doing lately on BathroomsEQ1
    If you have time to line up a shot. No jetpacker worth his salt will allow you to hit him that way.

i guess with range its a catch 22 situation due to different sized maps, i like moskva's suggestion of two nuke sirens or you can set it back to 1200 and to upgrade it to max would cost a total of 3k RU, upgrade would be the range from small (first built) to blackriver size(lvl 5), that way only the players can be at fault if the siren goes off and 2 seconds later the nuke is fired because no one upgraded it.

the main point is the initial hit of 3k has put 90% of people off building one and that has increased due to the poor range on certain maps, even if the siren picks up a nuke in a blackriver style map, its still tactical because you dont know when that nuker is coming in, so you have to decide, do you attack or stay in base and defend the core from the nuke, all staying to defend gives the other team the chance to rush the base unopposed.

so its not as simple as saying "if nuke siren range is too big no one has a chance to nuke because other team knows too soon" there are a lot more tactics involved and more teamwork would be needed to get your nuker in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    I see jets in a lot of your siege maps. When are we going to fly them? :3
    i have almost completed a new RocketX, the RX7, you can see the IP in my sig if you want to check it out, none of my mods can be used in siege as it will destroy any weapons i put in game, plus the explosion on the RX will destroy 60% of the core in one hit.

these are old pics but you get the idea.

sorry for the off topic.
    Last edited by ][X][~FLuKE~][X][; 01-08-2013 at 07:31 AM.

Thread Information