Something has to be done. - Page 2

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Bring back old siege?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, bring back old siege that is where i came from.

18 45.00%
  • No, Siege is fine stop complaining. Try something new once in a while.

22 55.00%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Disturbed//*. View Post
    I am here today saying one thing.

BRING US BACK OLD SIEGE, WHERE MOST OF CAME FROM!!!!
    I'm not sure that case can be made anymore. From my understanding server traffic has picked up since siege has been modified and, if I am not mistaken, SW has an old siege server that isn't getting much play currently.

Personally, I liked the change in nuke siren range several versions back where there was a limit to its range. Take bathrooms fixed, for example. The range of the nuke siren will not reach enemy cabinet nuke room, so picking up a nuke will not automatically trigger the siren. Reducing the amount of situations where 5-8 teammates are standing at their core to take down a nuke is preferable IMO. However, having that lesser range gives players an opportunity to rush back to core to take down the nuke. Reduces dead time except for players whose assignment is to stay at core waiting for nukers. So suggestion would be to keep the expensive upgrades, but limit range. Encourage more awareness of players and teams to stop nukers without the siren.

Invincible nukes are fine. If they are built too far from base they get destroyed. Nothing wrong with having strong nukes available for use anytime in the game when tele is made, for coordinated team attack or for late-game tactics.

I think the jury is still out on spy suits. Players need to adapt to not automatically shooting their own teammates and scanning their team for potential spies. It's only a few days old, after all. Give the game a chance to adapt to its integration. That being said, I would lean on the perspectives of advanced players like Adrian and Mal who have said it is probably overpowered. Maybe not a feature of pug or match play, but a fun item for public games. It is about having fun, right?

Nothing wrong with super jetpack. With good aim, they can be sniped. If they are using transpack (super jetpack and translocator), just find where they shot the trans in their base and gg.

Killing SMs and taking advantage of the opening is about team coordination. For example, on simplex you nuke the portal SM and have a tele ready near the portal and ramp outside enemy base to rush in and do more damage to base or core before new SM is made.

Personally, I couldn't stand 4 way when it was old siege. Since it was updated to new siege, especially with mid items, it is far more enjoyable to play and prefer it at times based on my mood. In fact, I would like to see all 4 way maps updated with mid items and possibly new 4 way maps created (maybe post this on a different thread). I learned siege on the new version, and once I became acclimated to it, would usually quit playing when an old siege map got voted. Thanks to the admins for removing old siege in its entirety from public. Old siegers now have an outlet, at least on a temporary basis, with SW's server.

For spy suit there is a main difference of having fun and ending a game in 20-30 mins. I don't think your team boostng you is much fun, because like someone said people are going to shoot all of their teamates to look for the spy. It is fun for the person that has the spy, and not fun for the people that got of their nukes killed because of the person spying. Now i have to waste MORE ru for SM and mines that i didn't need to waste before. For 4-way there are tons of maps that are built but most of the maps are made for CTF. Soze they will build a sm before you use up 1000 ru for the tele and telling your team to use the tele.
    "What's Yours Is Mine" Garret Thief (2013)
    Roberto Gómez Bolaños "Chespirito" fue si querer queriendo. You'll be missed.

i HIGHLY agree about removing the neutron, EVERY - FUCKEN - 5 SECONDS - ON - SIMPLEX - A NUETRON GOES OFF. its going unchallenged, 4 people shoot at it and doesnt die, its like onceyou see that " ENEMY NEUTRON " its like through the headset across the room and pull the mouse cord out with a cup of rage next to that TO EVERYONE

The Best There Ever Will Be! |uK|B|aZe//.'s Avatar
    i think the bigger issue here is you cant really communicate with people who are dumb as fuck+

least to say having 22 players on one server playing siege against each other is beyond dumb, as chaotic and "fun" it may be, one team just gets rolled beyond belief unlike the old days when our servers used to be 16 man servers with 8v8 or 7v7 teams. because of less slots there was no balancer at the time as teams were fighting together and using real teamwork to win games.

we dont necessarily have to change server slots the balancer just needs a lot more work, there was a time when the balancer worked on our servers with 22 people on it and more but we lost them along with other maps when our providers back then fried

Quote Originally Posted by 'Zac View Post
    i HIGHLY agree about removing the neutron, EVERY - FUCKEN - 5 SECONDS - ON - SIMPLEX - A NUETRON GOES OFF. its going unchallenged, 4 people shoot at it and doesnt die, its like onceyou see that " ENEMY NEUTRON " its like through the headset across the room and pull the mouse cord out with a cup of rage next to that TO EVERYONE
    Are you aware that fully charged bio, 6 rockets, or headshotting neutron with ripper or sniper will kill it very quickly? (Same with EMP.) Also, removing nukes is an option as well retrieving something like 1000-1100 ru.

Not necessarily advocating for keeping or dumping neutron/emp, am indifferent on it. There are pros and cons to both.

I remember one time on black river 2a I was on top of enemy mtn with tele, got the neutron message and saw it being made over our core from the mtn. Something like 2 or 3 headshots to the neutron killed it real quick.
    Last edited by Novak; 03-03-2013 at 02:53 PM.

I love the work done by Higor, and maybe Zac (:P) so far.. I mean they really helped keeping this game (and mod) alive.

But it is true that Siege isnt the same as before (reasons me and FIDO stopped playing).. I tought the Old Siege server would revive the old good days but it is always empty...

Want to know the reasons ?...

1st) Too many people playing. (14 max was cool back then)
    2nd) Insane noob-friendly gadgets.. Like EMP, Flamethrower, Spy suit, Nuke Siren (a.k.a Shock combo spam), etc.

And maybe playing the same maps over and over with nuke spamming keeps it boring.

..Just that

Blessings.
    "Tactical Suicide!"

I like the nuke siren and EMP (for leech spam maps like Niven and simplex) the rest I agree with (- nukes since I don't nuke much I have no say).

The Spy suit is only good if you are nuking, other than that it's just confusing and distracting to the team you're on.

I'll give Disturbed credit for his openly bold protest, nice well layed out post.

I remember the "old" Siege being a nuke fest from day 1 (being day 1 the first time I ever played, which was at the time of a clan that is no longer, even before Rosebum hosted it), so I am not sure what people are always complaining about.
    The new items were brought exactly for making the players having the clever decisions in spending RU either in teleports, EMPs, neutrons (which are still 4000RU right?) and many many other things, instead of the easy "old" decision of "well, spending my RU in a nuke"... "you know what, I am going to build a nuke"... "here's another nuke bro".... ... ... .. .. .. . . . . .

Sure, some items may be a bit OP and all, but because of a few items are so the entire gametype should go back to the stone age? That's absolutely nonsensical imo.

Anyway, the last time I played Siege I honestly tried to picture all these "huge gameplay changes" people talked about after not playing there for almost a year, and the only gameplay changes I saw is that people can't exploit glitches as much, since they were fixed... and that's it.

Mark my words: go back to the "old" where you don't have any of new items, and expect a shitload of nukes raining from the skies instead. With the siren for instance, some of the newbies still try to do something, without it the nuker can pass through the team like butter and nuke the core and still laugh at your expenses.

Just discuss any new changes and new items and why they are good or bad, and then Higor may act accordingly.
    Regardless, this is just my opinion and nothing more.
    Last edited by Feralidragon; 03-04-2013 at 03:24 PM.

I've seen spy suit in action and I think the suit itself has been taken out of context. It should only be a suit to go into enemy base to identify or spot places you would be interested to attack. The moment you attack the spy suit should wear off...

I like Sams' idea! One more idea, for a noob aim'er like me, i need a weapon with a grip of splash damage like the old Bin style guns then I can actually hit some of you guys.

Keep up the good work, I like how things change. I am not crazy about the flame or neutron though I have used them both. For someone like me that doesn't like to nuke I either emp, neutron or give my ru away

Thread Information