Combo + lag + packetloss - Page 2

User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    All the traces posted indicate client side issues. Your connection is timing out on hop 3-5. Hop 11 42 ms 42 ms 43 ms sl-crs1-atl-0-3-0-0.sprintlink.net is when you hit serverside network. You need to contact your ISP with this traceroute. They should resolve network issues.

thanks. for some reason my thing always disconnects on those hops, it seems to play really good at times and choppy alot on other days. the ping is always noticeable at 5-11pm every night but i feel like i've got clientside pl but it never shows in the server. earlier very choppy but like you said it's att. ive contacted them about this issue before but no dice. they enjoy blaming consumer for hours before they get to work on it. thanks for confirming it's their fault and i'll hit them up with the tracerts performed

5-11pm is peak times ie everyone is home from work using internet. Just tell them to own up to over utilisation and that you expect them to do something about it as they are not delivering on their residential contract a satisfactory product. It's not acceptable.

I have had free internet for almost six months because of packet loss. I'm a hard customer to deal with when I don't get what I pay for. You should tell them you will terminate your residential contract based on sales of goods act or that you refuse to pay good money for a crappy service. If they make any excuses you tell them you will send you payment via post and if 10$goes missing them it goes missing since it's lost during transit and it's acceptable to them their internet does that, missing money should be acceptable too by their standards
    Last edited by SAM; 03-08-2013 at 10:14 PM.

4ee1e911d7f27fed0701f6e855d25645.png

still think it could be tweaked more or something it should run a little better even if some of my hops do time out

·=GU II sDOM >3paco Finalist =· ·=GU saDM I Semi Finalist=· ·=GU I PBR Quarter Finalist=· ·=GU II roflnation Winner=· ·=GU III \\cG Semi Finalist=· ·=GU IV \\'. Finalist=· ·=GU V iB. Winner=· ·=OW I iCTF Finalist=· ·=ClanBase DIV3 iCTF WINNER ]eLc[=·

Raised yours with DC shots. If it's one hop timing out it's ok-ish to play with but you have four

Your target server is in Ashburn, VA. You're being routed to an AT&T Node at Dallas/Fort Worth, TX, and being handed over to to the server's ISP network (SprintLink.Net). You're going through Atlanta to Ashburn, where you bounce around a bit and land at your server.

Your number of hops looks pretty normal. Your PING times are about 50 ms when you say things are not bad, and about 80 ms when you say they are.

Note that the ping time to hop 13, Ashburn, VA, is pretty much the same in all traceroutes. The fluctuation appears to be in the Ashburn, VA area. This is either in your server provider's own network or in his ISP. I think you need to talk to them some more.

Normal at&t response to my thread lol

And what's their explanation for timeouts on between hops 3-5?that's still on att network on one else's

serious hitscan timeouts on ig uk server, i could hit someone two times and it just boosts them instead of a kill

Sam, 70% the shots haven't effect :S server: ig us

Yeah newnet fails

Thread Information