• Make Bouncing Illegal on Publi Sever

1 1.92%
  • Make Bouncing Illegal on Pug Server

12 23.08%
  • Make Bouncing Illegal on Both Servers

22 42.31%
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Bouncing

Come on guys, siege is a gameplay that strictly relies on these certain "glitches." What about putting a tele in super conts, making the supplier so you can use it on the other side of wall, making a tele through a wall to go to a secret room; the list goes on with these supposed "glitches." Multigunning is one thing, because it cannot be preventable and it is noobish to a certain extent when used 24/7 on players, BUT THIS IS NOT MULTIGUNNING. Bouncing requires a lot of skill and effort put to practicing it and this skill is what enables siege to run well.

Remove these and congratz, you have successfully killed siege.

You might as well ban people who multigun if you're going to ban people for using an exploit. Last time I checked, there were no rules on bunnyhopping. This is the same bullshit that happened with supplier spamming. There wasn't a rule on that until admins got upset and banned. What sort of bullshit is this? Aren't admins suppose to follow a set of rules and not make them on the fly?

It's the same crap when me and Crash were playing back in the day. I don't see anyone else getting banned for camping, but when me and him were killing people left and right and we never left our base it was considered camping, and therefore punished. These biased bans need to stop, or make a god damn set of rules that EVERYONE needs to follow.

That or Scarface seriously needs to review who he gives out admin to.

Another thing, stop being such a damn hypocrite Sonic. If you're banning on the impulse of people using exploits and glitches, you might as well ban people for making teleports through walls or suppliers that can reach through walls, because those are technically exploits as well.

Quote Originally Posted by fudddge View Post
    I was making an Omellette mmm - I hope this gets cleared up... jonesing to build :-)

blackout, you were banned before for using a bot as i recall.....

What in the FUCK does that have to do with this topic JD? If all you want is to ride my dick on how I cheated in the past, add me on MSN or xfire. If you have nothing to contribute to this topic, shut the fuck up.

[edit]

TensorWM is my xfire if you want to tell me how much you love me on there, kid.
    Last edited by Blackout; 03-24-2011 at 04:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fudddge View Post
    I was making an Omellette mmm - I hope this gets cleared up... jonesing to build :-)

Never had a problem with it before. I say keep it legal unless it really causes some headaches. It should also be noted that such tactics are actually an integral part of many other arena-style games such as QuakeWorld, Deathmatch Classic, Quake III, Nexuiz, Xonotic, and Warsow. In my opinion you can always enable friendly fire to get around it. Also a form of movement similar to bouncing is actually doable in real-life lol (you actually gain extra speed from it) I found that out once when screwing around at work.

@ Blackout

I agree, this does indeed sound like another case of some admin getting butt hurt somewhere, not much different than "sup spamming". It should also be noted that bunnyhopping in UT is not even close to being as easy as it is in Quake.
    Last edited by Lee_Stricklin; 03-24-2011 at 06:37 AM.

bunny hopping is easy ?

Siege isn't dead. It was fine before the bouncing came in. I've seen it yesterday on the server, and it just didn't seem fair. People get one side to the other in 4 seconds. Its like cheating a super booster or a speed power up. I can understand why Sonic got mad and banned. But I can use exploits too that aren't a rule. Once in awhile my pc will act up on ut and make me go faster. I can't say to people that they need a pc like mine or that its fair because its not in the rules. Because it would just be lame if I had an advantage like that and it wouldn't make me a legit better player.
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
    Winston Churchill

Make it Illegal , is the first time i heard of it, but since its a exploit with the game engine, its gay.. So yeah make it ilegal.
    "Tactical Suicide!"

If considering bouncing a glitch is only reason for you to ban this, then ban all glitches!
    I'm against it... not because it's an exploit but because it is considered lame

i dont consider building into walls and such illegal.... even if it is some what a "glitch" (i dont think it is or else 7DS'Lust and nOs*Badger and WildCard would have fixed that issue by now)

Thread Information