h0rse being a dick - Page 2

User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by |uK|Diablo View Post
    Or another way of finding people misbehaving in the server.
    I disagree, admins should be a deterrent with a visual presence to stop the misbehaving before it even begins, not hide and try and catch people, the ban system means you dont have to be there to catch them in the act, enough people screenshot when someone is misbehaving for you to go in server and ban via ID, isnt it better to stop it happening in the first place instead of hiding and allowing it to happen and then taking action?

saying you have to alias to catch people is ridiculous, all you do is screw up the teams and the fairness of even teams, so in effect, you are misbehaving by screwing the game up by making it uneven, if people are going to misbehave then they will do it whether you alias or not.

Quote Originally Posted by K_Soze View Post
    kenneth prefers stacks. He's the new grim.
    guess someone is mad.

@Fluke he hardly plays with aliasses dude, he only specs with aliasses most of the time. I prefer it over using his uK name since people simply dont care at all cause teams get stacked alot even WHEN there are admins in there but the rate of people breaking the rules when there is no authority actually increases when there's no admin around. So getting rid of all these apes faster will be profitable in the future imo.

get rid of one ape and there will be another to replace him, its a never ending loop, so a visual deterrent is a lot more effective in the long run, plus there is no way for them to know who is an admin due to admins not being uK only.

i have seen diablo alias a lot of times in game, way more than i have ever seen him use his real name, so i have to disagree with you there cella, there is no harm in spec alias, its irrelevant there, but in game the alias will screw up team balance, that is why it is so bad, because adept players wont stick to a single name which means you are doing just as much as an ape by damaging the teams.

ape joins, goes to spec and then waits to rejoin stronger team i.e. stacking, thats worthy of a warning or ban right? well adept players being moved to a stronger team by the balancer because its a new alias and is not giving that player its correct rating is technically the same isnt it.

For admins to do the job and police the server doesnt mean they have to be there constantly, all we need is proof by screenshots or demo and the person will be dealt with, if a lamer is reported then action is taken against them, so stating its better an admin uses an alias to catch someone is a counter productive method on the server due to screwing up the teams.
    Last edited by ][X][~FLuKE~][X][; 04-24-2013 at 09:01 AM.

The Best There Ever Will Be! |uK|B|aZe//.'s Avatar
    thats bluntz from the american nw scene, someone kindly have a word with him

Fluke then how come when there is a |uK| admin there, all the people will act different its the same if drivers see a cop on the side of the highway they all slow down until they pass him. I have alias a lot in the US IG server, yet i still get the same cookies. You can't stop alias it won't do any good but diablo's tactic is better to alias and catch them.
    "What's Yours Is Mine" Garret Thief (2013)
    Roberto Gómez Bolaños "Chespirito" fue si querer queriendo. You'll be missed.

aliasing do make a difference. when you alias you get the default cookies whereas when you play with your regular name your cookies get restored.

Fluke your arguments about me are partially true however keep in mind that i catched more people with alias than without.Wether you like it or not these things happen,so i try my best to clean the server with or without aliasing.And i always let them know that i banned him/her(not that it matters) but still,they often come here to appeal their ban which i always have screenshots of the victim to post.If you dont like how i do things my way,please feel free to post a complaint.have a nice day
    Last edited by Diablo; 04-24-2013 at 02:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|Diablo View Post
    Fluke your arguments about me are partially true however keep in mind that i catched more people with alias than without.Wether you like it or not these things happen,so i try my best to clean the server with or without aliasing.And i always let them know that i banned him/her(not that it matters) but still,they often come here to appeal their ban which i always have screenshots of the victim to post.If you dont like how i do things my way,please feel free to post a complaint.have a nice day
    wasn't a complaint so untwist your panties cupcake, it was an example of a player who aliases 90% of the time and makes teams uneven.

the amount you catch is co incidental, not because its an alias, shotmans example of "if you see a cop you do nothing wrong" that is exactly my point, isn't a deterrent better than allowing it to happen? that's like saying " its ok for a cop to watch some one being raped and then take action after or during they are committing the offence and take action" wouldn't it be better to have the presence to deter that from happening?. if there is a problem when no admins are there it ALWAYS gets reported along with 99% of the time a screenshot or demo, the alias is a counter productive method and is more damaging than helpful, not a complaint, its a fact and in my opinion its on the same level as stacking teams.

It isnt hard to figure out that its you playing no matter what alias you use diablo, you are always the one with the bot like aim.

shotman you are wrong, the cookie system binds to a player name and IP, change either one and you get the default cookies.

I still stick to the fact that aliasing and screwing up the team balance is far more damaging than any ape creating a problem which will last 60 seconds or less, by aliasing you damage the match for the entire game, that makes the person aliasing the ape, that's not an opinion, its a fact that i have seen many times from skilled players.

As a non-admin who plays on the server, infractions don't even come close to always getting reported when an admin is not there. A fairly low percentage. Maybe would be helpful to post instructions for taking a screenshot and demo for regulars who would act to bring up that percentage. But I assure you players get very annoyed with unfortunate regularity when certain players break the flow of or ruin games with no admin present.

Regarding the balancer, it would probably be more effective to have the cookies be based on the ID of the user rather than their name, but it still wouldn't be perfect if the computer is shared between friends or family. This balancing is a relative issue, though. If you played this server a year to a year and a half ago you would know the balancer has improved with Higor's modifications. Could still improve more with a few tweaks maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|kenneth View Post
    guess someone is mad.
    Typical grim response. Maybe a little overly sensitive there, kenny? :hypnotysed:

--- Updated ---

Quote Originally Posted by ][X][~FLuKE~][X][_{HoF} View Post
    that makes the person aliasing the ape
    I propose a series of 1v1 matches between Fluke and all known aliasers. Let's settle this issue once and for all. My money is on Fluke. GG

Thread Information