Ban bunnyhopping from Siege? - Page 3

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Ban bunnyhopping from Siege?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

24 51.06%
  • No

23 48.94%
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HIGH[+]Wah_JD View Post
    we are talking almost about every map!
    out off topic - cant we install a mode where if you kill someone in SS you get killed - for supSpaming ? @SAM not sure if its possible!
    thats a bad idea.

i always though of something like a 128uu radius around the supplier that absorbs damage and ricochets projectiles like rockets, while making the players in the suppler unable to shot through the radius.

Quote Originally Posted by ~~D4RR3N~~ View Post
    Like spam, but there you have niven and doa arena
    Quote Originally Posted by DANGERBOY View Post
    than we need to remove the spam maps too...no sup spam ya ?
    Bunnyhopping is jumpspam, is that your point? Bunnyhopping and sup spam have nothing to do with each other. And, by the way, sup spam is already bannable. One shot at the supplier is allowed and anything after is sup spam. So do you believe one bunny hop should be allowed?

Make a better argument for why to keep bunnyhopping rather than explaining how to do it. There are all kinds of cheap tactics one could think of. Do you think knowing how to do it is the difference between executing it and not? GG

Bring up getting rid of sup spam maps like Niven on another thread. This thread is about a cheap tactic that is unnecessary. Ignore kenneth's tears.

Like fluke said bunny hopping is a glitch. Also you got jetpack, trans, boosters and speed to get accross the map faster that are not glitches and are legal.

As for the sup spam why not make the projectiles reflect towards the person that is shooting them or
    make the supplier absorbed the projectiles, the positive benefit would get the team that is being sup spam weapons faster from the sup or 50 more Ru to everyone.
    "What's Yours Is Mine" Garret Thief (2013)
    Roberto Gómez Bolaños "Chespirito" fue si querer queriendo. You'll be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by K_Soze View Post
    Bunnyhopping is jumpspam, is that your point? Bunnyhopping and sup spam have nothing to do with each other. And, by the way, sup spam is already bannable. One shot at the supplier is allowed and anything after is sup spam. So do you believe one bunny hop should be allowed?

Make a better argument for why to keep bunnyhopping rather than explaining how to do it. There are all kinds of cheap tactics one could think of. Do you think knowing how to do it is the difference between executing it and not? GG

Bring up getting rid of sup spam maps like Niven on another thread. This thread is about a cheap tactic that is unnecessary. Ignore kenneth's tears.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shotman View Post
    Like fluke said bunny hopping is a glitch. Also you got jetpack, trans, boosters and speed to get accross the map faster that are not glitches and are legal.
    WAIT A MINUTE! Is this about BOUNCING, or BUNNYHOPING, 'cause those are different things (as far as I know):
    -Bunnyhoping: Jumping repeatedly firing a weapon such like Rocket Launcher, this helps the player to avoid self-damage when firing it at short range.
    -Bouncing: Also jumping repeatedly, with the difference that this is done after a boost, when, you press jump just when you touch floor you start jumping like boost, an the only things that stops you is some wall (or getting killed, obviously...).

If this is about bunnyhoping, leave it, there's actually nothing wrong with it
    If this is about Bouncing, ban that shit, and leave it to bt... nothing to do with siege and as shotman says, you got jetpack, trans, etc...
    Quote Originally Posted by |uK|UNrealshots View Post
    You're playing a game that came out in 1999 in the year 2012 who is the fucking nerd here?
    All of us. Enjoy.

Nothing wrong with bouncing in siege... take advantage of it to be able to get to destination faster. Otherwise, banning (or getting rid of) too many things end up going to ban many peoples and the population of UT99 players decrease. Tbh, I haven't played lately b/c it is kind of bored to just only have nuke and a few other things after getting rid of couple of things (without emp, etc.)...

But... if you just gonna get rid of bouncing, get rid of big maps then, no one want to spend 1-3 mins trying to get across a map and it end into overtime. So here ya go, my thought on this.

http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript for uscript discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Chamberly View Post
    Tbh, I haven't played lately b/c it is kind of bored to just only have nuke and a few other things after getting rid of couple of things (without emp, etc.)...
    emp wasn't that good... but is kinda true that only with some nukes you can end it :/ but you still need teamwork

Quote Originally Posted by Chamberly View Post
    But... if you just gonna get rid of bouncing, get rid of big maps then, no one want to spend 1-3 mins trying to get across a map and it end into overtime. So here ya go, my thought on this.
    Hmm... you got a point...
    Quote Originally Posted by |uK|UNrealshots View Post
    You're playing a game that came out in 1999 in the year 2012 who is the fucking nerd here?
    All of us. Enjoy.

did anyone read? You got booster, super boosters, speed, jetback, super jetback and translocators. If bouncing is banned, why would anyone be mad since you got plenty backups. Also Chamberly how would this reduce the population? We have already taken out EMP, neutrons, spysuit, Ns and motion alarm, yet i still the server populated. Also how come in nwCTF/ICTF is bannable and in siege it is not? They both will take advantage to get into someones base for free (I say free because of RU). Darren bunny hopping and bouncing are the SAME thing. The description you gave it is not bunny hopping.
    "What's Yours Is Mine" Garret Thief (2013)
    Roberto Gómez Bolaños "Chespirito" fue si querer queriendo. You'll be missed.

bouncing is in the same category at double gunning, it's a bug and shouldn't be allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Shotman View Post
    Also Chamberly how would this reduce the population? We have already taken out EMP, neutrons, spysuit, Ns and motion alarm, yet i still the server populated.
    When more things are taken out, more RU spending in order to make booster and stuff and this sometimes work wisely when it comes to spending RU wisely via teamwork. When someone have a plan... they want to use the RU and not having less plans to be able to get through something.

So if bouncing is removed... I can imagine some banned matches for calling out it isn't allowed in siege, etc. but it's a public server, it's where why people join to have fun using these things and not wasting creations sometimes?

--- Updated ---

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|Rays View Post
    bouncing is in the same category at double gunning, it's a bug and shouldn't be allowed.
    I wonder how it was found to be called as a bug/glitch and how was it found in the 1st place?

http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript for uscript discussion.

Thread Information