Lamers United...

User Tag List

Lamers United...

just played a game on the us server, i joined as a spec within the last seconds of this game Unreal Tournament Stats - Powered by UTStats, and, as you can see, PRINCESO, the selfcalled fc-covering hero, is as usual on the top with no grabs.
    i joined the next match and decided to demo it, since it was again coret-3on3, the usual bouncing fest + mr. princeso i-dm-only-lamer
    as you can see in the demo, he is camping for 15 mins at the entrance of their base, trying to get easy kills on ppl who have to pass the doors to get in. not that he is any good @laming, but still an annoying twat. there were always a minimum of 2-3 ppl of the enemy team awaiting/ or passing you on the entrances anyway and most of them were also happily assing or backshooting if you moved on.
    we were 2-1 behind and our team managed to squeeze a flag out after lots of unsuccessful tries, about 3-4 min before the end.
    seconds later Medor vanished magically on the upper hallway, right after he grabbed our flag and then capped (i was following him there and he could in no way got out of my sight with regular gameplay, so i checked the demo later)
    i recorded his lame bouncing stuff in the movie of the attached zip-file. if you check out the demo too, you can see that he also did it several other times ...
    I saw him bouncing on every map where its possible already, e.g. bedrooms, coret, w00t etc and if someone told him to stop it, his only respond was like "lol, why? noob!" or something.
    while we managed to win this game anyway, most of the time such games get lost because of lame shitheads. its really annoying that they get away with it over and over again.
    please give them a rest, thanks!
    Attached Files
    "He, who can't lose honourable, doesn't deserve to win either!"

Medor... does he have a french flag?

Quote Originally Posted by Higor View Post
    Medor... does he have a french flag?
    I know this medor , he's the owner of unrealtournament.99.free.fr rite ?

That's why I ask.
    The Medor we know doesn't know english (i believe) and should be a reasonable person.

In any case, @SAM should be the one to handle this case and probably ask Feralidragon about this player (Medor i'm talking about) before taking any rash measures.

Why don't you change the point system so there is more points for attackers and less for defenders, maybe that will stop noobs like princeso doing what they are doing when they realise they are at the bottom where they belong.

medor speaks english fine lol, but yeah i seen him bounce with flag quite a bit the last year or so on coret and bedrooms-sa.

Quote Originally Posted by Higor View Post
    That's why I ask.
    The Medor we know doesn't know english (i believe) and should be a reasonable person.

In any case, @SAM should be the one to handle this case and probably ask Feralidragon about this player (Medor i'm talking about) before taking any rash measures.
    yup, its the french medor, i saw him posting in english @various forums linking to his site, so its not like he wouldn't understand any english. his english might be poor, but that goes for the majority of the french on the internet (not as bad as 10years ago, but still) and in general (i know what im talking about, if i jump out of my window i nearly land in france )
    running an ut site also does not qualify you to be able to lame without consequences and doesn't make you reasonable at all, for some ppl its just a way to get attention. his playstyle - abusing an ut-glitch at every possible situation to cheat on his oppenent and to look like a hero + gamechanger is just plain lame. i see absolutely no reason to pamper him coz hes 'hosting' ut-stuff..

Quote Originally Posted by kokett View Post
    but that goes for the majority of the french on the internet
    I disagree

Quote Originally Posted by UT-Sniper-SJA94 View Post
    Why don't you change the point system so there is more points for attackers and less for defenders, maybe that will stop noobs like princeso doing what they are doing when they realise they are at the bottom where they belong.

medor speaks english fine lol, but yeah i seen him bounce with flag quite a bit the last year or so on coret and bedrooms-sa.
    that touches the problem idd, right after his first ban princeso played 1-2 games like he should, actually moving, trying to grab etc, but then he ended 5th in his team with something about 39% eff and didn't look like an hero anymore. i think the effi stats makes a lot ppl playing lame just to look good. ac recommend to remove them and i can only second that. it's nice to see your efficiency at the end of the game, problem is that some guys base their entire game on it.. (e.g. "oh, i dropped below 50% eff, now i have to dm for a minute or two to get it back up" <- and they are the lesser of two evils already, for others the game consists out of plain effwhoring only ).
    the first 4-5 years of my ut-ctf-live we didn't have effi-stats at all. back than it was also nearly impossible to get first place in your team as an attacker, since ut default rewards flagkills nearly as high as captures (7 points per Flag Capture vs 4 points per Flag Kill+1 point per Frag) and it's naturally way easier to get 10 flagkills than 10 captures
    the smart-ctf point system was a huge improvement from the scoring point of view since it actually rewards playing as a/for the team and shows what everyone has done after the match. i wouldn't mind to see the eff stats getting wiped out there tho, one can still look them up on the ut stats page if interested. smartctf fails to load properly here @~60% off the time when i join a game, so im used to the simple display and to check stats later if i'm interested in a particular match. thanks @SAM btw for fixing the autoupdate of the stats, much appreciated!
    i'm not sure if/how smartctf can be further improved. i checked the source code some years ago and the scoring system looked balanced out quit well. i think no matter how you adapt the scoring, there will always be a lame way to collect points and the usual guys will take that route exactly. for ppl like princeso the only thing that helps are ban periods that really hurt them. 200-500 matches doesn't obviously. he then simply puts on his bf3-sniper-suit and lames there for some days.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith View Post
    I disagree
    ah, common judging from your flag in game you aren't french but belgian. the frenchs got a much more tough system to protect their own language. they have a goverment department with the only goal to adapt their language e.g. invent new french words for words used on the internet which other countries just integrate into their language. latest one i remember was "mot-dièse" for "hashtag" o_O -> http://www.journal-officiel.gouv.fr/...9_0103.pdf.sig
    "He, who can't lose honourable, doesn't deserve to win either!"

Thread Information