a question regarding bounc - Page 3

User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    no, just confident which isn't a bad thing for anyone to have.

@SAM, make a decision please so this dull as shit thread can be closed before there is more drama, also the drama wouldn't have happened if you made a decision earlier on this sam.
    if hammer jumping then bouncing at a slow speed is against the rules then you need to ban Higor, if you don't ban him then you will get a lot of flaming for treating him like he is exempt from the rules.

IMO hammer jumping and bouncing after gives no advantage, you might as well run straight and keep pressing jump, that will be around the same speed. that's my opinion only, whatever the decision will be I will accept.

if its a normal jump or a normal dodge its legal. But if he bounce but slowly it is still a bounce. Also you don't need to get boosted or have a pad, all you need is momentum to bounce, you can bounce while on ice (i.e. Icepost) or if you give yourself a boost with a hammer. But if he was hammering to get to their base, (i.e. piston, land, piston) then its legal.
    "What's Yours Is Mine" Garret Thief (2013)
    Roberto Gómez Bolaños "Chespirito" fue si querer queriendo. You'll be missed.

stop being so pathetic banny. what ur asking for is to give someone a ticket for going with 51mph on a road where you're allowed to drive 50mph.

dont let em piss you off fluke, you're doin a good job here and your decisions are always very comprehensible (@least to me).
    Last edited by Sheepy; 08-05-2013 at 05:55 PM.

New protocols coming into place, straight from the admins...

-Jumping is now banned as that constitutes 'bouncing' off the ground.
    -Piston hammer jumping obv banned since clearly there is unfair advantage there.
    -Dodging also obv banned since that is a clear 'bounce' from one spot to the next.
    -Rocket boosting off ground is banned since that gives a huge 'bounce' to the player.
    -Finally, running is banned since you can hear the 'bounce' of the footsteps, a gray area but too close to the other bouncing tactic that is already banned so this is also banned so as not to create any confusion or controversy.

Heretoforth, the only legal siege moving techniques will be walking and swimming. Maps will be adjusted and reloaded accordingly to include more water. Bathrooms Fixed will now become Bathrooms Flooded.

Thankfully, the admins expressed to me that they are confident that all of these changes will clear up the confusion once and for all and even the playing field between all of the 'legit' players and those who practice these unfair techniques.

That's just so wrong... omg. lol.

http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript for uscript discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Shotman View Post
    if its a normal jump or a normal dodge its legal. But if he bounce but slowly it is still a bounce. Also you don't need to get boosted or have a pad, all you need is momentum to bounce,.
    this

Quote Originally Posted by K_Soze View Post
    New protocols coming into place, straight from the admins...

-Jumping is now banned as that constitutes 'bouncing' off the ground.
    -Piston hammer jumping obv banned since clearly there is unfair advantage there.
    -Dodging also obv banned since that is a clear 'bounce' from one spot to the next.
    -Rocket boosting off ground is banned since that gives a huge 'bounce' to the player.
    -Finally, running is banned since you can hear the 'bounce' of the footsteps, a gray area but too close to the other bouncing tactic that is already banned so this is also banned so as not to create any confusion or controversy.

Heretoforth, the only legal siege moving techniques will be walking and swimming. Maps will be adjusted and reloaded accordingly to include more water. Bathrooms Fixed will now become Bathrooms Flooded.

Thankfully, the admins expressed to me that they are confident that all of these changes will clear up the confusion once and for all and even the playing field between all of the 'legit' players and those who practice these unfair techniques.

ROFL Soze.... I laughed so hard I swear a little pee came out.

Banny, why don't you just admit the real reason you and your posse are pushing so hard with this? You want Higor banned and you don't care why, that is obvious from the way you all have talked about him before and after this situation, even though I am sure you will deny it, you told me in pvt msg you think he gets away with things that others would be banned for, grow a pair and admit it because if it is going to turn into the fact slow as fuck bouncing and becoming an easy target is bannable, then you know full well Higor should be banned. That IMO is the only reason you are so desperate for this to become a disallowed rule.

Higor does push his luck, I admit that 100% and agree with that, but acting as desperate as you are now to have him banned is comical.

mmmm k.

Don't mind me, just passing by and wondering why isn't the rule translated to code yet...
    you guys know exactly how to do it, you know exactly what happens, why didn't this get covered already with a simple mod to check momentum taken (friendly or not) and check if there's an absurd speed increase afterwards (bounce), and prevent it hence removing the rule avoiding all sorts of confusion?

Last Sunday I went to play some Siege matches (after a few months of hiatus from it), and I swear that I spent most of the match figuring out in each situation what was ok to do and what was not... it sucked. The gametype itself is pretty stable, and things work nicely, but the fun factor is no longer there, it's almost as if in order to play I had to take a course in what to do and what not to do.
    Even when I was going to attack, I fired a bunch of rockets against some folks at the supplier (as I was passing by to go to the core just to not let them fire at me), and only afterwards I remembered that firing against the supplier was not allowed? No one told me a thing about the occurrence, so no problem there, but personally I cannot have any sort of fun anymore at uK's Siege server due to the sheer amount of rules someone has to know beforehand, and yet I don't see anything even being discussed to convert *ALL* those rules into code to simply avoid things and let players play in their own way having *fun* while avoiding laming.

Remember the multi-gunning problem? A rule was implemented back then, then it was entirely avoided through code alone. Who was around can easily notice the difference between having a "rule" and not being able to it in the first place, and anyone will prefer the latter.
    To not mention someone new to UT and the Siege server will have a terrible time because he will certainly violate every rule in the book... unknowingly.
    Good were the old days where the rules were simply: no cheating.
    Last edited by Feralidragon; 08-06-2013 at 12:09 PM.

Thread Information