|uk| public servers (uk and us) - Page 2

User Tag List

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    because look at the us topic there are errors caused by newnet.
    http://www.unrealkillers.com/f60/pur...3/index12.html page 12. US server has newnet.
    "What's Yours Is Mine" Garret Thief (2013)
    Roberto Gómez Bolaños "Chespirito" fue si querer queriendo. You'll be missed.

SmartCTF has these quirks and *could* use reviewing, we're talking about a very old mod.

There's never been problems with smartctf in the past, as far as newnet well that's totally new to me.

Quote Originally Posted by vitrae View Post
    There are other servers with just as many players or more that dont lag
    Quote Originally Posted by |uK|MeNTaL^ View Post
    I can vouch for that, but the only thing i see is that they don't run ACE.
    Im refering to servers using ACE (i dont play on servers without). ACE has been around for like 4 years, most servers have it and they run without problems.

Some of them include: zp|LastManStanding| xinstagibx (ilms) , .de House of Pain @teamplay.de (dmnw), .de [underground FFA] (ctfnw) and the various Multiplay.uk DM and TDM Deck servers (weapons). All of them have a high number of players at various times of the day (ctfnw is often full 10/10) and so are the Multiplay.uk ones (player limit 16).

The problem is neither ACE or the players, its how the servers are setted up or the servers themselves. Never experienced these problems anywhere else (neither the nonzp feeling/choppyness or the previously mentioned smaller issues but not less important such as scoreboard problem, different announcer voices and desynch in countdown, sometimes display hitsounds and sometimes dont, etc...)

Again thanks for listening.
    Last edited by vitrae; 09-06-2013 at 01:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shotman View Post
    because look at the us topic there are errors caused by newnet.
    http://www.unrealkillers.com/f60/pur...3/index12.html page 12. US server has newnet.

Im reading some of the comments and apparently they are experiencing same reg feeling/non zp problems as me.

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|UNrealshots View Post
    Both the uk and US server feel like newnet isnt even on its like running around with reg insta with 150ping screen warps constantly shots are so delayed everytime I bump into another player I feel like I just stick to them until they are 20 feet infront of me... Just trash tired of trying to get the servers fixed and nothing is done about it... I'm just gonna stop playing in the publics at this point there is no reason to play there just so I can run around like a sloth feels like I'm playing in an aussie server with 300ping
    to quote just one of many comments along the same lines of what i've posted.

cheers

but did you read the logs they get when they start to lag?
    "What's Yours Is Mine" Garret Thief (2013)
    Roberto Gómez Bolaños "Chespirito" fue si querer queriendo. You'll be missed.

I'll quote what I said in the other thread since it's relevant:
    Quote Originally Posted by TimTim View Post
    I don't have time to explain the technical details, but I feel I should chime in here and mention that I'm 100% sure newnet isn't the cause of any of this lag people are feeling on the InstaGib pubs. It's something else, possibly another mod on the server interfering with newnet.

As for the many "accessed none" warnings you see in your log file, that also has no effect whatsoever on the responsiveness of your game. UT does not constantly append these lines to your log file; they're stored in a buffer and either appended at long intervals or when you close your game. And unless you're working with a PC built in the early 1990's, it won't affect gameplay. I will however do what I can do eliminate these warnings for people who aren't aware they can do the following: open UnrealTournament.ini and add Suppress=ScriptWarning under [Core.System]. Again, it doesn't matter as it has no effect on gameplay, but I'll reduce these warnings anyway just to ease the minds of some people.

Quote Originally Posted by Shotman View Post
    but did you read the logs they get when they start to lag?
    Im absolutely certaint that its not newnet causing it because it happened even before newnet was implemented. In fact they have had these problems since i can remember (reg/nonzp feeling, having to lead shots) but only now i had the patience to register and post something about it Also US server is zp, I just checked.

it seems to me the servers are either bad or poorly set up.
    Last edited by vitrae; 09-06-2013 at 01:44 PM.

Made some changes to the UK server. Would appreciate if you guys can give feedback.

US server looks fine to me. It's on the same box as siege, combo, bt and we have no complaints about those...

I can take newnet off to see if it makes things a bit better?

Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post
    US server looks fine to me...
    feels ok for me too, will try to get a slot @uk server later and check it out...

Thread Information