|uk| public servers (uk and us) - Page 3

User Tag List

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    I don't touch the UK server it isn't even close to newnet or ZP just bad alltogether for the US it has its days where it runs "ok" then most of the days its just like playing reg ig with 80+ping I gave up on the bitching doesn't really seem to change much ^^

--- Updated ---

maybe have someone at #ipug set the server up or atleast one and see what the feedback is on it US server is 50/50 to me but the UK server is complete garbage... I never play there anymore

·=GU II sDOM >3paco Finalist =· ·=GU saDM I Semi Finalist=· ·=GU I PBR Quarter Finalist=· ·=GU II roflnation Winner=· ·=GU III \\cG Semi Finalist=· ·=GU IV \\'. Finalist=· ·=GU V iB. Winner=· ·=OW I iCTF Finalist=· ·=ClanBase DIV3 iCTF WINNER ]eLc[=·

Restart servers when they run bad, mostly a log thing or something.

Just log in as admin and type:
    Admin Exit

May fail to restart if you do it several times.

Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post
    Made some changes to the UK server. Would appreciate if you guys can give feedback.

US server looks fine to me. It's on the same box as siege, combo, bt and we have no complaints about those...

I can take newnet off to see if it makes things a bit better?
    hi

thanks for responding, i'll try to check out uk server when i can get a slot. played on us server and it didnt run too bad today, was ok, cant complain. But it runs good till it doesnt and thats the problem, servers seem to go to shit often for no apparent reason. I have a question though: is there any particular reason why there are 2 voice announcers on the countdown to the end of the map? Things like that make me believe servers are not setted up properly.

If things dont improve maybe consider the option of letting someone else set up the servers? Because, judging by my own personal experience playing and apparently lots of other ppl (judging by this forum) these problems are not new. Anyway its just a suggestion, to make it simple: you have a huge playerbase/activity but *shit* servers and something is horribly wrong with this equation.

regards.

I just have nexgen admin not server admin :\

·=GU II sDOM >3paco Finalist =· ·=GU saDM I Semi Finalist=· ·=GU I PBR Quarter Finalist=· ·=GU II roflnation Winner=· ·=GU III \\cG Semi Finalist=· ·=GU IV \\'. Finalist=· ·=GU V iB. Winner=· ·=OW I iCTF Finalist=· ·=ClanBase DIV3 iCTF WINNER ]eLc[=·

Quote Originally Posted by Higor View Post
    Restart servers when they run bad, mostly a log thing or something.

Just log in as admin and type:
    Admin Exit

May fail to restart if you do it several times.

That might do the trick but honestly, you're gona restart servers everyday? Thats more of a half-fix rather than a solution to this problem (no offense). And if you have to restart servers often it means something is wrong.

I doubt most ppl wouldnt even bother to post these problems if they werent serious and, they are serious because |uk| and |us| are the last really well populated public instagib servers, and that fact alone should really demand a solution.

thanks everyone
    Last edited by vitrae; 09-06-2013 at 06:38 PM.

On the us server one game it can be ok another you can't even hit someone standing still with the crosshair over them, and you end up getting 50-60 kills instead of 90-110.

To be honest. Siege is much more intense as a server and game type. The us server is on the same box. So how does one server lag while the other doesn't? Keep in mind siege is a 40 slot server when including specs.

The only major and fundamental differences between them is newnet. We ran zeroping before and rarely had complaints. I personally think it's down to newnet requirement of 100 tick rate but others would beg to differ.

once the siege season has concluded. We can look at making the DM server the main CTF see if it runs any better.

Again, with 100% certainty, it isn't newnet. There are different mods (beyond newnet) running on the newnet pubs than the siege server. On the surface I've immediately noticed at least two of them interfering with things newnet is designed to handle (and improve). Also, newnet doesn't require 100 tick at all. That just happens to be what GU servers use because it works beautifully. Lastly, assuming the servers are through some provider and not some that you personally own and have 100% control over, the fact that the siege server is allotted enough resources to handle 40 players would explain why it runs smoothly in comparison to a server with less resources available to it.

Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post
    To be honest. Siege is much more intense as a server and game type. The us server is on the same box. So how does one server lag while the other doesn't? Keep in mind siege is a 40 slot server when including specs.

The only major and fundamental differences between them is newnet. We ran zeroping before and rarely had complaints. I personally think it's down to newnet requirement of 100 tick rate but others would beg to differ.

once the siege season has concluded. We can look at making the DM server the main CTF see if it runs any better.
    Not to discredit anything you said but it happened even before newnet was on the servers. Its not newnet for sure, it only happens in your servers and always has (since i can remember) Maybe you didnt have many complains cause you didnt have many ppl that care enough to say it (im a prime example of that, only today i gained patience to register here and say it). You can believe this or not but *ignoring* the problem or saying it doesnt exist [or blaming newnet] wont solve it.

As i said before, you have large player base and active servers that for some reason are not good and you could have them running good if you wanted and care about it. Please consider having someone setting the ictf servers, im sure TimTim wouldnt mind setting them like ipug? They run great, never have problems or complaints and certaintly dont need to be rebooted! :P Alot of ppl that play in |uk|/us| servers will appreciate this. Lots of times ppl want a quick fix for instagib cravings and after 2 min in the server its -» /quit cause its laggy/nonzp/somehow poorly put together.

All of this is just my suggestion and feedback from what i've experienced on |uk| servers for a long time. Apparently im the only one (quite few ppl spoken of this before, also on this forum) so its not on my end, im not crazy and the problem does exist. I dont know if siege runs good or not, ictf servers dont and that's what im trying to tell you.

Thanks for responding, regards!
    Last edited by vitrae; 09-06-2013 at 07:53 PM.

when us was zp i did not have any problems. When i did have problems was when the server was being attacked. It kept getting back to back attacks.
    "What's Yours Is Mine" Garret Thief (2013)
    Roberto Gómez Bolaños "Chespirito" fue si querer queriendo. You'll be missed.

Thread Information