User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lightbulb hitsound problem!

hey!

insta uk server:
    my hitsounds are gone and im trying for ages now to turn them back on. also the "team info" has changed... it doesnt show who has the flag / how long until it will be returned automatically anymore.
    maybe strange but i really love that stuff!!!
    so my question:
    did you guys change something on the server or is it my ut? how can i turn this back on?
    thank you!

luke

Hello most of everything was taken off as part of an experiment. Since people had been complaining of unplayable lag. I might consider putting some features back tonight.

we get many servers i think nexgen is a source of lag with ace clan servers were without nexgen no lag maybe replace nexgen by super web admin page u can create different account and levels

Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post
    Hello most of everything was taken off as part of an experiment. Since people had been complaining of unplayable lag. I might consider putting some features back tonight.
    hey!
    thank you for the info.
    well imo the server wasnt laggy... i would be happy if you could put back those two features :P
    i discussed the hitsound issue with several players in the meantime. some dont really care but some (including me) are used to it a lot^^ it somehow replaces looking closely. hard to explain.
    imo also the names under the flag symbols in the team info hud increse the overview of what is happening in the game significantly.

To use the original hitsound just type "hitsounds 1" and/or "teamhitsounds 1" in console.

Quote Originally Posted by TimTim View Post
    To use the original hitsound just type "hitsounds 1" and/or "teamhitsounds 1" in console.
    OMG that easy -.-
    THANK YOU!!!
    The problem obviously was that it was set to hitsounds 2. but i guess i dont have them, at least it doesnt play anything? or is that normal? :P

You should be able to hear it since it's included with the mod but you might not notice it depending on your audio setup. The default hitsound changes pitch depending on how much damage you do - more damage means lower pitch - so for instagib the pitch is quite low. Or it's entirely possible you weren't hearing it at all because the server was setup to have the hitsounds off by default since there used to be another mod for hitsounds on there.

@TimTim

I still think there should be a global over ride. Most general pub players do not know or will never know what to do about this hence why we had a different hitsound installed.

Just set DefaultHitSound=1 in the server config and any newcomers should have the hitsound you want by default. There's no need for an extra mutator.

Newcomers are usually a handful compared to returning players. Everyone should receive the update....

Thread Information