User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Try that after a massive lag (400 ms or higher), your Shock Rifle will do the hitscan shot after the server replicates the shock ball, other players will see the funky effect of you shooting through your own shock ball.

?

Whops, forgot to fix that one.

So I am not sure whether this is related to the UT redeemer bug, where sometimes it refuses to let you switch to it, or it changes around the order when you roll the mousewheel, but sometimes I can't switch to the nuke and have to switch to some other weapon and try again (just like in the original UT).

But what's weird is that I often hit a key for "best weapon," for which I have set up my weapons from highest-force/spammiest to lowest/most precise. So rockets get selected, and then I mousewheel down to flak quite often. Very often, it will skip over flak and go to minigun and I have to try again. I don't recall specifically having this problem in plain UT. Not sure if selecting rockets specifically in the bind would result in the same bug.

But neither of these are new bugs to Siege, and have been a problem since I started playing in June or whenever it was.

As for not registering hitscan weapons, yah, it's pretty bad sometimes. Minigun does it too. Sniper rifle is often useless in the water, but that's a UT99 bug that I confirmed with bots the other day (it just doesn't register in water often, even with direct hits in 0.25 slomo).

I also find sometimes that even rockets don't register. They will actually stop at the body of an enemy and everything, even with a bit of animation showing this, but there will be no hit sound and no damage. Didn't really notice that specific thing in the past (as always, with lag/network issues, rockets often bounce enemies around and do very little damage for some reason, even if you hit them with multiple rockets balled up multiple times at their feet, but this is different: i mean rockets hitting them directly in the chest, not the ground, and terminating their own lifespan as result, but doing no damage at all).

Not sure if it's just me, but sometimes, the shock balls now will pretend to have hit a far wall when going to combo, even though there is no way in heck they could have reached it yet. It's a bit confusing because it doesn't feel like a huge delay in the primary firing to me in this case, but just I see the animation of the ball hitting a wall, thus ruining the combo. I thought maybe it was hitting a player, but the player is NOT at the hit spot (any longer), so it looks like it hit a wall of air or something. Not sure. BUt it is ruining a lot of my combos. Timing with combos in general seems very inconsistent.
    Last edited by PNutButterSnake; 10-01-2013 at 09:27 PM.

Thread Information