My return to UT99 and Mapping.. CTF-(mo)-*

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My return to UT99 and Mapping.. CTF-(mo)-*

Hello everyone,

Not sure if anyone will recognize my name, and I know this isn't the place for a background story, but just wanted to provide some on top of my post nonetheless. I used to play UT99 back in the day, and I was an active mapper and member of the UnrealMachine Community. I made my first map in 2002 (possibly earlier, judging off files dates below). I was young at the time, but still produced some fun maps. I recently stumbled upon an old harddrive that had most of my maps on it! I thought I had lost them, but finding them made me want to come back to the game. It is now over eleven years since my first map, but I have much more knowledge. I want to get back into mapping, and maybe remaking some of my old maps.

I installed UT99, the 451b patch, and stumbled upon this community. I was looking to find the most active community in hopes to keep this game alive, so if there are any others I should dive into as well let me know.

Does anyone remember my maps, and/or still play them?
    If they are active on any servers do you have the IPs?
    If you remember any of them, would you like to see certain ones remastered?

Most of the maps were intended for SLV server, with relics, and normal weapons. Instagibs were hidden in some of the maps, as well as power ups throughout. I noticed that you guys run a siege server. I have never played this siege gametype, and was struggling to play on the server last night more than just killing people. Is there anything special to produce a siege map, or does it just convert items to respective siege items?

I normally did CTF maps, as that was the old community server base. Would it be worth my time to make CTF maps, siege maps, DM maps, or what for this community?

I look forward to the feedback, and hope to create some maps so many years later!
    http://www.masteromok.com/

The Best There Ever Will Be! |uK|B|aZe//.'s Avatar
    make all kinds of maps we provide bt comboinstagib normal instagib x2 siege instagib dm as well as pugs for siege and from Global unreal we have a siege tournament. Global unreal runs several other pugs and tournaments such as 5v5 ictf idom tdm nwctf sactf etc etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|B|aZe//. View Post
    make all kinds of maps we provide bt comboinstagib normal instagib x2 siege instagib dm as well as pugs for siege and from Global unreal we have a siege tournament. Global unreal runs several other pugs and tournaments such as 5v5 ictf idom tdm nwctf sactf etc etc etc
    amazing how u managed to explain this whole uK.GU community in only 2 lines
    Quote Originally Posted by |uK|UNrealshots View Post
    You're playing a game that came out in 1999 in the year 2012 who is the fucking nerd here?
    All of us. Enjoy.

I can sauv your maps at http://medor.no-ip.org/
    Have you a link for download ?

Quote Originally Posted by ~~D4RR3N~~ View Post
    amazing how u managed to explain this whole uK.GU community in only 2 lines
    ahhahahhahhah

The Best There Ever Will Be! |uK|B|aZe//.'s Avatar
    lol also medor provides free hosting of all kinds of UT files never seen anyone do so as dedicated as this guy in keeping these files safe if ever the author or they somehow got lost

You should give UT99.org | Unreal Tournament Community a visit also, very active there. It's possible you may find some of your maps at utredirect.org.uk/uz/ the files will be compressed so much type utredirect.org.uk/uz/mapname.unr.uz to see if it's there. You will need to decompress after download which can be done using ucc.exe

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|B|aZe//. View Post
    lol also medor provides free hosting of all kinds of UT files never seen anyone do so as dedicated as this guy in keeping these files safe if ever the author or they somehow got lost
    I miss ut-files.com it had A LOT of UT 99/2k4/2k7 files, the best one ever.. It's down from a looong time and i don't think it will be back again.

http://utdatabase.99k.org is a site that deserves to be known. Each file is described and put in a specific group. A lot of effort is put in it, but it hasn't been updated since 2012.

skillz say he rebuild ut-files.com for end of year.

iCTF iDM/iTDM maps for sure!!!! need some good pub/league ones

·=GU II sDOM >3paco Finalist =· ·=GU saDM I Semi Finalist=· ·=GU I PBR Quarter Finalist=· ·=GU II roflnation Winner=· ·=GU III \\cG Semi Finalist=· ·=GU IV \\'. Finalist=· ·=GU V iB. Winner=· ·=OW I iCTF Finalist=· ·=ClanBase DIV3 iCTF WINNER ]eLc[=·

Thread Information