Beta Siege Version

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Beta Siege Version

As the season comes to an end, the admin team has decided to get a more competitive version out as soon as possible for the next season. For the next few weeks we are asking everyone to help beta test the new releases and to give us constructive feed back on the version. These changes are not 100%, it will change over the weeks, so expect to download a new version here and there. DO NOT WORRY, YOU WILL NOT NEED TO CHANGE YOUR KEYBINDS EACH VERSION.

The first release will include the following changes: Oct 02, 2013

- Idea 1 - Increase the amount of RU you get when attacking the enemy core. This makes nuking the core more beneficial. Right now you get a return of 1000RU-1400RU after you nuked the core, which slows the game down. Why does this slow the game down? Because we have to wait for the RU to do another nuke run and by the time your Warhead is ready you still need to wait another 2 mins to get RU to make the “gear” to nuke. Increase the rate of return from the core to a point where the return will be 1800RU - 2000RU. This is a fair return as most maps you make Warheads which cost 1300RU and you're left with 500RU-700RU to save up for the “gear” you will use to nuke or even make another nuke to speed up the game.

- Idea 2 - Make repairing the core slower because its ridiculously stupid how 1 player can repair the core from 10 -100 in less than 2-3 mins. Suggestion was 1/2 of the speed it is now.

- Idea 3 - If the teams core was damaged it can only be repaired up to 50% of the damage the core took.

P.S The values in the ideas will change to make the game balanced. I will keep updating this post to keep everyone on the loop.
    Last edited by SilverWing; 10-02-2013 at 04:31 PM.

I don't think it's wise to reduce the repairing time by that much. I think a better idea would be to maybe make it half the speed it is now at max and then make it more expensive. I think it's fine that you can repair the core pretty fast but if you want to repair you have to offer some of the RU that you would've used for attacking.

As you know, I'm not that much into siege, I just think it would be stupid to have one guy repairing for 10 mins... must be quite boring... And you can't have a lot repairing for a even a minute as you'll be too vulnerable in defense.

Increase the cost of mines
    Nerf the translocator even more

Idea's 2&3 are good, i think the only problem to realy long games is repairing of the core.

nurf the trans, pull's out the nubs from the pros. As it's extremely hard to hit someone using a lvl 5 trans, might make the game more interesting or fun.
    Last edited by |uK|MeNTaL^; 10-02-2013 at 02:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverWing View Post
    As the season comes to an end, the admin team has decided to get a more competitive version out as soon as possible for the next season. For the next few weeks we are asking everyone to help beta test the new releases and to give us constructive feed back on the version. These changes are not 100%, it will change over the weeks, so expect to download a new version here and there. DO NOT WORRY, YOU WILL NOT NEED TO CHANGE YOUR KEYBINDS EACH VERSION.

The first release will include the following changes: Oct 02, 2013

- Idea 1 - Increase the amount of RU you get when attacking the enemy core. This makes nuking the core more beneficial. Right now you get a return of 1000RU-1400RU after you nuked the core, which slows the game down. Why does this slow the game down? Because we have to wait for the RU to do another nuke run and by the time your Warhead is ready you still need to wait another 2 mins to get RU to make the “gear” to nuke. Increase the rate of return from the core to a point where the return will be 1800RU - 2000RU. This is a fair return as most maps you make Warheads which cost 1300RU and you're left with 500RU-700RU to save up for the “gear” you will use to nuke or even make another nuke to speed up the game.

- Idea 2 - Make repairing the core slower because its ridiculously stupid how 1 player can repair the core from 10 -100 in less than 2-3 mins. Suggestion was 1/10th of the speed it is now.

- Idea 3 - If the teams core was damaged it can only be repaired up to 50% of the damage the core took.

P.S The values in the ideas will change to make the game balanced. I will keep updating this post to keep everyone on the loop.
    Man, i agree with all
    i already suggested all these changes lol
    but the 2nd, 10% of repair speed? is through exaggerated... set 30%

The translocator must be changed... cuz players only know use trans lv 5.
    then, the trans lv0 need be cheaper (600 RU?)
    and increase the upgrade cost, for the trans lv 5 cost something like 1400 RU (1900 with belt + boots lv0)

Quote Originally Posted by HIGH[+]AdRiaN View Post
    and increase the upgrade cost, for the trans lv 5 cost something like 1400 RU (1900 with belt + boots lv0)
    Seems like a bad idea as it's the only source of nuking most of the time, siege ain't what it used to be and the trans is must, being part of warhead gear this is expensive enuff.

The Best There Ever Will Be! |uK|B|aZe//.'s Avatar
    why not just take the trans out completely and go back to how siege used to be when there were real games

Quote Originally Posted by HumaK View Post
    I don't think it's wise to reduce the repairing time by that much. I think a better idea would be to maybe make it half the speed it is now at max and then make it more expensive. I think it's fine that you can repair the core pretty fast but if you want to repair you have to offer some of the RU that you would've used for attacking.
    True, will make it 1/2 for this beta release.

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|chiseller View Post
    Increase the cost of mines
    Nerf the translocator even more
    We will see after this release.

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|B|aZe//. View Post
    why not just take the trans out completely and go back to how siege used to be when there were real games
    what he said then it will be more a challenge to nuke.. and it will bring back the spirit of the game back to put more effort into nuking

I think it fine the way it is now, just need the tweaks that silverwing said are fine with me, i really like the idea about getting more RU from nuking the core, ESPECIALLY on simplex where theres nothing on the core and you get like 800 ru back.

Thread Information