User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks for the productive reply, Fluke. That explanation may cover some of the disappearances that are foggier in my recollection, but there are two that I want to reference that I remember with some clarity.

The first time it occurred in my experience was a game maybe 6-8 weeks ago on Icepost. Enemy player Rp Killer Speed had made sm at the door just outside to the left (facing out) with sp, 2 conts and tele in there. I decided to nuke going down the lift that is to the right when you enter through that door. The game physics of that lift may differ somewhat with a lot of other constructs which is what I thought when this first happened. As I recall, I jumped up to that 2nd level at the top of the lift and then dropped down to nuke the buildings in that little area. As can be imagined, I angled the nuke and fired it right as I hit the lift at the bottom. My thinking at the time was that the lift somehow made the nuke disappear. The 5 or 6 times it has happened since there was no such lift or odd construct so I discarded that theory but it could have something to do with it relative to what Fluke described. Pretty sure I fired that at an angle since that would be necessary to take out the buildings in there and I do not believe I misfired straight down.

The last time I fired a nuke that disappeared was on BlueVember. It was in OT with lots of buildings having been built (no idea if this is relevant but could be a factor). My recollection is I was going up the stairs and was at the 2nd to last little flight of stairs to the top where I had a view into the main base area a little bit. I fired the nuke up into that area where the sp normally is. I believe I guided it as well, not 100% sure. But I fired it into open air expecting to do some core damage and it vanished. I think I even referenced this case earlier in the thread, maybe 2nd or 3rd post in it.

That is what I can recall but if there are any further questions, feel free to ask.

RE: mover

Same principle as a map exterior wall, the centre of a mover is outside of the games world, hence the auto kill of the projectile and state downweapon is executed (auto weapon switch), the game is killing the projectile for protection, quite a clever fix for a lot of crashing back in the day.
    also do not forget, you are effectively spawning a missile, this will cause millisecond lag if you are falling and fire, that lag is enough for you to be where the missile spawns as you fall, a missile cannot spawn inside of a player obviously, so do not fire straight down if you are falling, make it at least 45 degrees away from you. Do the math, falling fast or going up fast, you will catch up to the missile and either blow it up or it will simply be wiped out like it never existed because you are over the spawn point for it within a millisecond, if using a mover then the mover would either catch up with the missile or the player does, better not to fire while on a mover, its risky. only way to combat that is to make the nukelauncher missile fire the speed of the RocketX missile, which is damn fast and you wont stand a chance of taking it down. (not sure about the RX8, that is nothing to do with me)

RE: Bluevember

not sure what to say about that if there was no obstruction or possible cause for an auto kill of the projectile. I am going to state the obvious and say that I would have needed to have seen it happen so I can see what has caused it, I am used to bug hunting in UT, I just haven't done it for a long time, but I need to see the problem before I could tell you what it is....sorry.

Thread Information