Newnet 9c laggy

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newnet 9c laggy

Newnet 9c laggy

since NewNet 9c is on your server it is very laggy for me. and the shots come much too late, I press right mouse button and only a long time later comes the shot. General and the previous version was more comfortable with the NewNet 09.
    but in general is to beat zp never. sorry did not want to complain or criticize NewNet me. wanted to ask if anyone can help me with the Lagnet broblem. ut99 is the only game I play, and now I do not want so stop with the game. perhaps even more trouble with this 9 c. Thanks if you can help me

The Best There Ever Will Be! |uK|B|aZe//.'s Avatar

Thank you again can just play without lagg, is again NewNet 0.9 on it. I wonder what to NewNet 9c is different because I can not spieln. but many thanks for 0.9

Quote Originally Posted by Provocation View Post
    Thank you again can just play without lagg, is again NewNet 0.9 on it. I wonder what to NewNet 9c is different because I can not spieln. but many thanks for 0.9
    Just started playing again, and the UK server is lagggg.. Don't know about anyone else but, when shots go through players 100 times a game, I call it quits..
    UTDemo servers, are way smoother haha.. Never thought I would say that :s

Quote Originally Posted by Waa View Post
    Just started playing again, and the UK server is lagggg.. Don't know about anyone else but, when shots go through players 100 times a game, I call it quits..
    UTDemo servers, are way smoother haha.. Never thought I would say that :s
    I tend to lead the target when that happens, like when you have ~30 ping in a reg server, normally shots hit then.

The only thing that really bothers me is nw. It's close to unplayable with newnet.

I'm not sure if that's due to Newnet, your internet connection or some other pc related problem. With Newnet almost every shot should register if you aim directly on the target. There could be other reasons besides newnet that is giving you shot delays (input lags from your hardware, high system latency, HPET being on, or your wireless internet connection if your using one) Having a high network latency does add a few ms delays after your shot and it is noticeable to most people. The worst combination to have is if you have a high ping and a high network latency your shot delays would probably be almost half a second.

Here's a good vid that shows you how to significantly reduce network latency ( this should significantly reduce the shot delays your experiencing with newnet ) Another thing I forgot to mention is to make sure your not getting any packet loss that causes shot delays also. Press f6 in game to see if you are or not.

Last edited by Snuggle; 06-12-2014 at 05:46 PM.

I can play on the Euro servers just fine.. 150 ping but, my shots hit haha..

I believe UT99 packets are sent over UDP which would make TCP/IP optimizations worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by uranus View Post
    I believe UT99 packets are sent over UDP which would make TCP/IP optimizations worthless.
    That may be true but the TCP optimizations tweaks aren't to reduce packet loss it's to reduce your network latency which should help reduce that shot delay most people are experiencing with newnet. Packet loss can mostly be a poor ISP problem but some causes of Packet loss could simply be caused by disabling the wrong hidden drivers in device manager, for example
    the wan miniports, ISAP adapters, etc. I've been messing around by disabling those hidden drivers assuming it would reduce my network latency even lower and when I ran UT it gave me packetloss so it's best to keep it as it is. The Mike Martin guide (refer to link below) basically has everything about lowering network latency, including registry tweaks, latency fixes, etc. That guide combined with the vid I posted above is probably the lowest it can get for network latency.

http://www.mikemartin.co/system_guides

Thread Information