User Tag List

3 Match Ban - "no reason"

Description of Events:
    Map: Incinerator
    Time on Server: 4 minutes
    Activity: I was playing mid with sniper only, trying to practice my sniper, casually.
    Total Kills: I think I had like 4-5 kills after about 4 minutes, so clearly not doing so well.

Chat info: *I did not read any of this during game - was paying attention to playing, not reading
    Admin (will not post name) posted these (2) messages about 3 minutes into the game
    msg1: "You're not getting a warning today"
    msg2: "Because I had n o food"

Then I got banned for 3 matches for "no reason specified".

I have one main question

1.) Why did I get banned for 3 matches? *I'm assuming dming during ctf (keep in mind I was just trying to practice casually - I dont go on combogib to play full out pro ctf at all times; sometimes I go to work on various guns, etc - it's the only place there is)

And then some follow ups:
    I realize admins can't be on the servers all the time and thus miss this, but in comparison to what I have personally seen other players do during ctf matches, the 4 minutes of me getting 5 kills with a sniper on mid at incinerator.... pales in comparison to the amount of dming that goes on the vast majority of the time. And I never see these people get banned.... but then again, not sure I would notice it happening.

I can think of a few players offhand that absue dming during ctf to an extreme in comparison to playing mid on incinerator, poorly I might add.

Anywho, I aint mad - but would at least like confirmation of an answer to #1, and an unban / a little more trust / leeway in the future - I play on the server a lot and don't feel I take too much liberty with the occasional mid-position which requires dming.

I would be happy to make a donation (this is me pre-empting the argument that I might be a succubus). I am pleased to see this forum is active and actively monitored by admins. Read a few posts as well and everyone seems like good people.

Thanks,

[EDITS]
    Been several hours and obviously more than 3 matches but still banned; note; new ban reason now posted "camping mid", and now says "2 matches" for length

So couple new questions:
    1.) How does the server count/calculate "matches" in terms of ban time, since clearly more than 3 matches have played in my absence?
    2.) Is middle no longer an acceptable ctf position to play? Or rather, is it a dangerous position to play as you might get banned for playing it? How should I split my time between mid and other positions? What is an acceptable amount of time to spend in MID with the sniper?

I don't want to get banner for playing mid with the sniper for too long, so is there a specific amount of time I am allowed to be at mid with the sniper?

Thanks again
    Last edited by MethodMan[thk]; 07-04-2014 at 05:24 PM.

hmm mid on Incinerator... Annoying but legal. At least I supposse you covered your fc, right? xD
    Unban this guy, only wrong thing is 4-5 frags in 4 mins.
    Quote Originally Posted by |uK|UNrealshots View Post
    You're playing a game that came out in 1999 in the year 2012 who is the fucking nerd here?
    All of us. Enjoy.

It's already over anyway but for further explanations query |uK|B|aZe//.

The Best There Ever Will Be! |uK|B|aZe//.'s Avatar
    ok i have time to respond now

it was actually myself

then ban was made effective because I know who you were and as well as that you were doing nothing productive for your team other than camp mid and powerups from what I do remember

bans over

have fun

I recognized some guys on here from the server. I recently got banned for some reason. We were playing a map... and then everyone kept dying... when no one was around. I went to spec... then came back off of spec to play... then I got banned. IF you know me... no one would ever accuse me of cheating ... lol. Unban please?

Thread Information