User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Timeouts + High speed till ace loads problems.

Hi to the helpers,

I have been getting a really annoying problem of timeouts during the checkout of ace (i think that's the problem, i am not getting a error window anymore for some reason).
    The weird thing is it only happens on unrealkillers servers (uk, us, combo), as i also play on ipug servers and do not have that problem.
    If one of the admins could check the log and maybe see what causes that problem i will appreciate it a lot or if anyone else encountered that problem and could help.
    Things i have tried to do in order to solve the problem:
    1. delete all ace files
    2. delete ace configurations from the user.ini
    3. open ports for UT.

The 2nd problem is a general UT problem, where i get like super speed until ace loads up. it wouldn't matter much as the map usually starts after ace is loaded, but combined with my timeouts it causes a problem since every time i reconnect i get that super speed for a few seconds till ace fully loads up and i usually spawn where i was last before disconnection which can be in the enemy base.
    This problem only started like 2 weeks ago when i switched to a different ini. my guess is it has something to do with the CPU clock from what i read in the other threads of similar problems.
    Do i need 1 of those multi core fixes to solve it? my CPU is I3 2100 3.10 GHz.

Thanks in advance

i have that and fixed before 2,3 days it framerate and refreshrate

Quote Originally Posted by Mp/5 View Post
    3.10 GHz
    Try adding -CPUSPEED=3100 to your UT shortcut, assuming you have one - if not, make one by right clicking on UnrealTournament.exe and "Create Shortcut". Place it anywhere - desktop, start menu, etc. You'll need to right click on the shortcut, choose properties, and within the "Target" line, add -CPUSPEED=3100. So if your target line looks like C:\UnrealTournament\System\UnrealTournament.exe, you'd change it to C:\UnrealTournament\System\UnrealTournament.exe -CPUSPEED=3100. Or if there are quotes around your target line (because of a space in a directory name), you need to make it look like this: "C:\Unreal Tournament\System\UnrealTournament.exe" -CPUSPEED=3100

If that doesn't do the trick, make sure your framerate is limited to your refresh rate.

Thanks for the help guys i will try your solutions now and update soon.
    Tim, any idea what could cause the first problem? or are they related somehow (i doubt it)?

ok i tried putting the -CPUSPEED=3100 in the target line so my line looks like this now: D:\UnrealTournament\System\UnrealTournament.exe -CPUSPEED=3100 and also to match the framerate to the refresh rate (it was already on 146 before i changed it to 144), but it did not solve the problems. still getting timeout during the checkouts from ace (actually got a message for once)and also the speed is off till ace loads.
    i noticed that if i am in spectator mode and change the netspeed to 10000 it goes to a normal speed or close to it. when i look in f6 when ace isn't loaded i see an * and a really high number (usually like 13k-15k i think) on the packets line. i do not have the same numbers after ace loads up, if that info can help in any way to find a solution...

Not sure. There are always the dual/multi core patch if you didn't try them yet either. (Kinda same what Tim is talking about...)

Which they can be found here: Downloads - UnrealTournament Siege, Bunnytrack, Combogib, Instagib, UT99 clan & Server Discussion

Other than that... hmmm router might need to be checked if it going bad? I have a lot of router replacing for the past 5 years cuz they do go bad lol...

http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript for uscript discussion.

i considered it could be a router problem, but as i said it doesn't happen on ipug servers + my connection is never lost and i can just rejoin immediately (unless my ID is still in use if i ain't kicked yet) so i doubt that's the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Mp/5 View Post
    your monitor work on 144 Hz?? try also "mutate ace highperftoggle" in console

anybody has any idea why those timeouts would occur?
    i will probably switch isp just to see if that's the thing, but i had no problems this past few days on the ipug servers and yet i get kicked every map i play on uk servers even multiply times same map.

The Best There Ever Will Be! |uK|B|aZe//.'s Avatar
    not sure but our timeout tolerance could be less than what ipug servers tolerate?

Thread Information