User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Rage Ban

So...you think nomike is a former cheater that created a new identity to come back to play in MLUT, lol. Numerous people have been caught botting (Bretzky, Caspah, etc...) and they were still let back into #MLUT although I'm not sure why. There would really be no reason for him to do that. Also, I frequently alias as well, because otherwise people will chase me all the time or talk shit to me constantly (it happens). I use my regular name sometimes if I decide to put in my contacts.

Quote Originally Posted by kdsns View Post
    So...you think nomike is a former cheater that created a new identity to come back to play in MLUT, lol.
    No. I think he's someone who was permabanned from dozens of servers and returned using nothing but aliases to hide his true identity. Tell me, how would someone who isn't familiar at all with the pugging/irc scene choose "nomike" as their name when the "nomic" pugbot tag is entirely specific to that scene? Let me guess, he joined irc as "Player" or "." and only eventually chose "nomike". Likely story. This person is an excellent liar, and hadn't caught my eye until recently because I'd only run into him a few times in the past. He's also hiding his really shitty attitude exceptionally well (reminds me of Vatiko's, though probably two different people), which he revealed to me a few months ago when he thought I didn't know who he was.

In conclusion, let me address the main points here:

* This person is lying about their history, as there is no trace of evidence that he existed before May 2012 even though he said he played on servers 5 years ago using the same machine, servers of which we have detailed logs.

* He uses a different alias every time he plays, literally for the sole purpose of getting players to play against him who would rather not. This conveniently doubles as a way to hide his history.

* Players accuse him of cheating regularly, which of course doesn't mean much by itself, but if people are consistently leaving the server because he's there (like he says), servers are better off without him. And who can blame them for leaving when everything about him screams "untrustworthy" because his entire identity revolves around hiding his identity and then almost certainly lying about his reasons for doing it, all while players and spectators regularly call him out for most likely cheating. People alias all the time on the pubs and there is nothing wrong with that, but every other player has a distinguishable history that makes them trustworthy.

* There's also this thread outlining the fact that he enjoys laming and ruining the fun for other players in the server.

With all of that said, I think the servers are better off if the ban stays, but if SAM or Blaze or whoever wants to remove it, that's fine by me. I personally have no problem playing against him (even if he's cheating) because I'll win 9 times out of 10 anyway, but it would appear that many other players don't share my sentiment. Nomike, if I see you playing on servers again, you need to choose one name and stick to it. Why? So that you can't trick people into playing you who would rather avoid your sketchy ass.
    Last edited by TimTim; 01-02-2015 at 01:58 PM.

The Best There Ever Will Be! |uK|B|aZe//.'s Avatar
    im kind of intrigued to know who you really are, if that is its true you are lying?

@TimTim check pm's

Quote Originally Posted by TimTim View Post
    No. I think he's someone who was permabanned from dozens of servers and returned using nothing but aliases to hide his true identity. Tell me, how would someone who isn't familiar at all with the pugging/irc scene choose "nomike" as their name when the "nomic" pugbot tag is entirely specific to that scene? Let me guess, he joined irc as "Player" or "." and only eventually chose "nomike". Likely story. This person is an excellent liar, and hadn't caught my eye until recently because I'd only run into him a few times in the past. He's also hiding his really shitty attitude exceptionally well (reminds me of Vatiko's, though probably two different people), which he revealed to me a few months ago when he thought I didn't know who he was.

In conclusion, let me address the main points here:

* This person is lying about their history, as there is no trace of evidence that he existed before May 2012 even though he said he played on servers 5 years ago using the same machine, servers of which we have detailed logs.

* He uses a different alias every time he plays, literally for the sole purpose of getting players to play against him who would rather not. This conveniently doubles as a way to hide his history.

* Players accuse him of cheating regularly, which of course doesn't mean much by itself, but if people are consistently leaving the server because he's there (like he says), servers are better off without him. And who can blame them for leaving when everything about him screams "untrustworthy" because his entire identity revolves around hiding his identity and then almost certainly lying about his reasons for doing it, all while players and spectators regularly call him out for most likely cheating. People alias all the time on the pubs and there is nothing wrong with that, but every other player has a distinguishable history that makes them trustworthy.

* There's also this thread outlining the fact that he enjoys laming and ruining the fun for other players in the server.

With all of that said, I think the servers are better off if the ban stays, but if SAM or Blaze or whoever wants to remove it, that's fine by me. I personally have no problem playing against him (even if he's cheating) because I'll win 9 times out of 10 anyway, but it would appear that many other players don't share my sentiment. Nomike, if I see you playing on servers again, you need to choose one name and stick to it. Why? So that you can't trick people into playing you who would rather avoid your sketchy ass.
    How is my attitude shitty? I don't ban some one within 5 mins of the match down 1-0, to then comeback and get a lopsided win. I don't complain and intentionally give myself 150 ping because a chilean went godlike on me in a pug (I still remember). I don't insult people, calling them "limp dick".

I said I played on this machine for about 5 years. I think I started playing combogibs in 2011-2012. Can you check when I used an alias? I think the first year I played on combogibs, I remember using "starscream".

As for that thread, I just played defence against some one (thread starter) who use to play defence against me. I served my ban. Doesn't say anything about me cheating.

If the the admins are enforcing a no alias policy for ONLY me, then I have no choice but to agree.

The aliases you used, DJENTSTEP and DRUNKSTEP, were the only names I figure was you. If these are the only names you used against me then your 9 out of 10 statistic is wrong because you only beaten me once on combogibs. If you would like to have another title shot against me, unban me. A let me know if you want me to demo, because I have a feeling once I outplay again, you would go through this whole accusation process again.
    Last edited by azcanize; 01-02-2015 at 03:37 PM.

You don't have any old screenshots? or any older UT installations, emails, login names, forum names, IM names(msn,aim,yahoo,steam,xfire&etc), rogerwilco, Ventrilo, TeamSpeak, Skype...

Just naming a few examples of where most of us have a name/identity, thought maybe these ideas could help you remember... if there is none, that's kind of suspicious...

Just found this old screen shot, brought back some memory. I forgot about that TS server, but I remember I played there for awhile. I think they also had a TS face server, which I played in.

imgur: the simple image sharer

Date of that screen shot was 2008, pretty sure that was on my current computer because of the high resolution. Played on a low res CRT on my old computer.

If you can check my MAC address on that server, my story checks out.

Quote Originally Posted by azcanize View Post
    How is my attitude shitty?
    It's shitty in the sense that you (just like that post Vatiko made which I linked to) get your jollies by ruining the fun for other players and that you have no respect whatsoever. This is increasingly evident by the fact that you have a thousand different aliases for the sole purpose of tricking other players and hiding your history.

I don't complain and intentionally give myself 150 ping because a chilean went godlike on me in a pug (I still remember). I don't insult people, calling them "limp dick".
    Here we go with more lies (i.e., stretching of the truth), but that's to be expected from you. I don't recall the insult at all but I can only assume it was towards Woody7, a known transvestite (which I have nothing against, mind you) who was banned from pretty much everywhere for what nearly everyone agreed was cheating (and I had no part in that decision, by the way). My complaints? Incinerator is a poorly designed map with a single spawn that people can stand still and spam shock combos at. Valid complaint. Giving myself 150 ping? I said before the map even started that I wanted to see what kind of advantage high pinged players have in weapons pugs. (Hint: It's a significant advantage in many situations.) Godliked? No one godliked me. I rarely encountered that player, and when I did, he would run from me back into mid to get back to his DMing, while I stayed in base being a defender. Come on now, "nomike", you can do better than that.

title shot
    Are you retarded? You rage quit every time you think you're going to lose and screw over the rest of the server because you're selfish. And I'll stop there because there's not a shred of legitimacy to your argument.

I remember using "starscream".
    There isn't a single Canadian by this name in our logs.

If the the admins are enforcing a no alias policy for ONLY me, then I have no choice but to agree.
    If you weren't such a sketch-ball, this wouldn't be necessary. And like I said, I personally have no problem if you're unbanned, hell, I'll do it myself right now. It's the effect that you have on the servers that I'm worried about. Breaking the rules, people not playing because you're in, and spectators saying things like "obvious trigger" nonstop... this kind of shit kills the pubs, and they're so active to begin with partly because mods have no qualms with keeping people like you in line.

This is why I banned you: Spectator spams "obvious trigger" every other shot (and I'm inclined to agree, though I've been on the receiving end of trigger accusations myself) so I look up your information and see literally hundreds of different aliases. I then compare your ISP location to deepack/vatiko/assclownfaggot's (known "terrorists") and see you're in the same exact location.

A let me know if you want me to demo, because I have a feeling once I outplay again, you would go through this whole accusation process again.
    For the record, I never directly accused you of anything. Other players did. I listened. I did some research. And I found one sketchy mother fucker who is probably lowering he overall quality of the pubs to begin with, so I said bye-bye. Get your shit together. Use a single name. Stop being so sketchy. And yes, demo from now on.
    Last edited by TimTim; 01-02-2015 at 11:51 PM.

You did call me a limp dick on that last match on bleak. I remember because insults hurt. You said you were drunk, so maybe that's why you don't recall.

TSM literally said in-game he went godlike on you. I'm going to have to take his word over your word for it. That's nothing to be ashamed about if its true because he's a top chilean weapons player.

And I never rage quit in that server or in pugs for that matter. Why would I ragequit when I'm inarguably best combogib player who rarely loses?

I don't purposely lower the quality of pubs. I can't help that I'm much better than the average player there. The admins will have to enforce a "no good player policy" if you want to make it completely noob-friendly to ensure everyone can have a good time.

Getting accused by some random bad player in spec means nothing. For the record, I think its dumb that a no aliasing rule only applies to me when there are other real "sketchy" players out there that aliases all the time.

Anyways, I am unbanned. Thread can be locked now.

TSM literally said in-game he went godlike on you.
    Haha the same TSM who gets other people to alias as him, play 1v1s, post their wins on his blog, and pretends his losses don't exist? Alright then.

And I never rage quit in that server or in pugs for that matter. Why would I ragequit when I'm inarguably best combogib player who rarely loses?
    This is really silly to argue. I've seen it happen more than once.

I don't purposely lower the quality of pubs.
    Not purposely, but you said it yourself that people actively try to avoid you. There's probably a good reason for that, and it isn't because of your "skills".

The admins will have to enforce a "no good player policy" if you want to make it completely noob-friendly to ensure everyone can have a good time.
    Nope, just sketchy people who are known to break the server's rules.

Thread can be locked now.
    Done.

Thread Information