75 Ping

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 75 Ping

75 Ping

Hi there,
    A few months ago a pretty good player told me the best ping was 75. I thought, whatever, I have 30. I noticed most players were all over the place. Then all of a sudden 75 pings started popping up all over. The top players on public servers were all a constant 74 or 75 ping. Well now I have to wonder. These players have 1 shot kills with 75 ping and I have 3-4 shot kills with 30 ping (back again...sadly...ace settings stopped working). So what the hell? I'm wondering if my 30 ping is too low. Thanks

I have 19 ping on the UK server, 130 on the us server, either at the start of games lots of hits don't register then it goes back to normal, or after 5-10 minutes more and more hits stop registering and I'll have to reconnect.

I prefer having about 100 ping because that's what I am used to, although I never get ping raped with 19 ping

Generally, lower the ping you have, the better it is (in non NN servers?) and it's mostly noticeable between server that doesn't have anything or have ZP... and it helps a lot in BT server, ping based.

I've been playing with ping around in the high 60s so about 66-69 doesn't seem too bad for me as I got used to it.

http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript for uscript discussion.

No, it's only Ace based. I would think I would have an advantage with 30 ping but for whatever reason my shots don't seem to be recognized as promptly as the players with 75 or higher ping. If anyone in North America gets the chance, please play on the Full Metal Jacket Deathmatch Server when there are a few players and tell me what you think. Thanks!

For reg: Any ping less than 100 is perfect (good players can play even with 150)
    ZP/LC: Any ping less than 150 is perfect (good players can play even with 200-230)
    NewNet: The top ping I've played with and still could play decently was 350 (arg server). Though this only happens if that 350 is stable and there's no pl.

All 3 of these get REALLY buggy when ping and pl start spiking all over the place.

It is pretty weird that you are having troubles with 30 ping. If you play on FMJ then you should be perfectly fine since it's reg and shots should shot/register pretty much instantly (delay won't be noticed). Don't listen too much about 75 being best ping, It may be good since it works with pretty much every Lag remover...
    Don't try in any way to increase your ping. Seriously. Trust me. You'll be stressed while playing. I know
    Quote Originally Posted by |uK|UNrealshots View Post
    You're playing a game that came out in 1999 in the year 2012 who is the fucking nerd here?
    All of us. Enjoy.

There is a command you can add to your ut shortcut but I can't remember it, PACo used it for a while.

250-310 ping problemo??? problem?? lol lol y juego mejor que algunas personas con exelentes pings........ and play better than some people with excellent pings: Combo:

--- Updated ---

late in the morning my ping is 90-110 but I sleep at that hour -_- and I can not play more than 3 hours per school: Tiburón:

a altas horas de la madrugada mi ping es de 90-110 pero tengo sueño a esa hora -_- y no puedo jugar mas de 3 horas por la escuela: Fapfapfap:

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Robot View Post
    If anyone in North America gets the chance, please play on the Full Metal Jacket Deathmatch Server
    Nope. I would not go there. That's all I can say.

http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript for uscript discussion.

Lower is ALWAYS better when it comes to ping.
    irc.globalgamers.net #codereview

The Best There Ever Will Be! |uK|B|aZe//.'s Avatar
    ^ what he said

Thread Information