Dodging

User Tag List

Thread: Dodging

Dodging

Just wondering your thoughts on dodging. Is one way better than the other? For example the basic side dodge vs forward dodge vs backward dodge vs dodges on angles. I have seen many players do okay with no forward dodge at all and vice-versa. I have tried so many ways to dodge and for the most part I die about the same no matter which one I use. Sometimes I turn my dodging off and I actually die less by just moving left/right. Quite often I wonder why I even dodge at all, aside from it being a double tapping habit now. Probably the best way I have ever seen to avoid getting hit is the way bots jump side to side with small jumps. Anyway, just curious to see what others think. Thanks

Play BT, you'll know how to avoid bullets for a little after learning some. lol.

Side dodge have longer space to run than front/back dodge. I use dodge a lot, and some server will disable dodging b/c they think it's cheat (lmao stupid) so u'll have to turn it on if you run into those.

http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript for uscript discussion.

Side dodging is faster (from what I know)
    irc.globalgamers.net #codereview

Yes, I have seen that attachment before. Pretty good visual for learning. I'm more interested in what style results in less damage. I forgot to add I have also tried walk-dodging, wall dodging and dodge/jump. I was just curious what works best for other players. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Robot View Post
    Yes, I have seen that attachment before. Pretty good visual for learning. I'm more interested in what style results in less damage. I forgot to add I have also tried walk-dodging, wall dodging and dodge/jump. I was just curious what works best for other players. Thanks
    For me? Absolutely nothing. No matter where I move or how randomly I move, players are able to hit me, which really makes me suspect a few players. I side dodge a lot and move somewhat randomly yet for some player it doesnt matter, they can headshot me while im dodging or moving around like nuts. Could be a ping thing, who knows.

i do a lot of circle jumps playing CTF
    more double front for DM

I don't usually like the trans, but there are some great tricks in that video. Thanks...

--- Updated ---

Re: Mooooo,
    Okay, that's what happens to me....a lot! While I am doing a forward dodge to the left or right I get headshot during mid dodge! I'm like 'What!'. Quite often I have more deaths than frags, even when I win! So I figured I must be dodging in-correctly. Hence the post. Thanks.

A beautiful large lateral jump lets guess the direction for hit. To avoid you need to modify the circle jump way with other directions

EITS <3

Thread Information