User Tag List

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    I did say I'd start building these when the EMP was removed in all of it's forms, like 3 months ago.
    The fact that I was ignored shows how you didn't foresee any of this as the game has no means of disabling these clusters, now after accidentally giving up a 25 container leech to the enemy team and still winning the game you start seeing how the 'balance' got fucked up?
    I'm not asking to put the stupid Neutron Bomb back, but anything capable of disabling containers is welcome in order to prevent this.

Quoting myself:
    Quote Originally Posted by Higor View Post
    I'll say it over and over, taking the GL out was a mistake.
    Going that route instead of a nerf (which was present on the default profile) is simply going from one extreme to the other, going around the same problem:
    - Games are not fun if ended by a very early strong spawn.
    - Games are not fun if a stupid strong defense takes you two hours to break because you lack means to do so.
    Talking about balance,
    - OldSiege didn't have teleporters or mines, you couldn't overrun the other base but you could run a Nuke from your base without having to worry about something instakilling you.
    - XXl2g was not balanced, flying nukes had almost no counter and they'd detonate anyways even when shot down, and these 20 container clusters were easier to make.
    - Koala's Siege (excepting for Koala exploits and the Neutron Bomb) was 'almost balanced' in the way that WC's Super builds were countered by buildables like EMP, and weapons like Flamethrower which was countered by pulse rifles and insta rifles.
    - SiegeIV's default used to have a buildable EMP launcher, but in the end that got changed for a CX,SP limit + a mid spawn launcher that never comes with napalms.

Banning ppl for using these clusters after being warned over and over about this has to be one of the most backwards ways of doing things, and don't use supplier spam as an example (supplier spam in 0018 is far heavily punished than ever before).
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

Tbh I like the new siege better than the old one because there is a lot of delay when it come to switching and building builds that take unreasonably amount of time (even keybinded ones)... and the graphic is better lol. I hardly even notice with the weapon balance, because I'm not too pro for it and don't care for it, long I can shoot and destory core that's all I focus on. & no lag from other builds like jetpack. but there is a lot of abuse in the old siege as well for some weapon hack and stuff (zp bug, illegal tweaks, etc) and they are being removed from the new.

But what have changed is the players (and sometime, fail balancer, because you are playing with the same team for the few matches), over the time they aren't ape as much or leveling up with skills, they take you down often before you reach to the core (or mine spams, defense get hard) and there isn't much to do instead of getting RU from their builds until you get your way in but that is just siege, and it been like that... I hardly see any major difference between the old and new. It just the peoples that changed, even the way they play. Imo.

http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript for uscript discussion.

feigning death (the usual one) is normal, it has indeed been there forever, THE ONE BEING MUTATE FEIGNDEATH has never been a thing in the uk siege servers so please i call bullshit

Have to say old siege versions were more enjoyable and despite all the diferences, THERE WAS NO SUCH THING AS THE LAME HAPPENING SINCE LIKE 1 YEAR AGO (Or more if im mistaking since i dont play that much as i used to back in the fun siege times) up vote for sw's idea

I like the last version of siege I agree with Chamberly, but agree too with silverwind don't understand why game lame its allowed.

Go Away....

So it's certified that camp stations built through walls are against the rules? You will need to crack down on pub server because they are used on literally every Niven game.

I would like to add to the chorus that the EMP is needed again, it acts as a leveller when SPs, mines and 'camp bases' behind walls have a team pushed back. The siege we have at the moment favours long defensive games, I could help prevent overtime so much more easily with an EMP to clear the building spam teams hide behind in the run up to the end of the game.

there are many ways to balance siege, but people are just never thinking how a change could be a positive one for the server, having a mine limit for example? or actually make an EMP spawn in mid, not a lot, but time to time and no such thing as a grenade launcher, opens up some teamwork use to nuke while someone emps the enemy base. Its just one of the many options, cough miniguncrouch fix cough

Nobody falls for FeignDeath right? wtf

And what is campstation?

Quote Originally Posted by utbusta View Post
    Nobody falls for FeignDeath right? wtf

And what is campstation?
    its a different feigndeath my god

With NN I changed the suicide "animation" to explode (gib) the player to keep the maps clear of any dead bodies laying around. This thread got me thinking though lol... y'all should have a special feigndeath that explodes the player, and when getting back up the body parts all come back together.

Thread Information