User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Chasing vs engaging a player, what are the differences?

So yesterday Nordog sent me an instant message after our third match. It read something like this "Stop chasing me you dumb noob". Our first match was Liandri Docks, I was on Nordogs team, I went in about half ways into the match, the match was 1-1, players were even. I quickly scored 3 points to win by 4-1. Our second match was Frag Whores, Nordog was on the opposing team, we were wopping his team as Nordog was spawn killing everyone while camping from a corner.

Our third match was Control, its was 3 on 3 players, we were walking right past them and up by 3 points to zero, Nordog is usually on top and his team usually is winning but not on this game. I personally was destroying him at which point he sends the instant message. Now I want some clarification on what constitutes chasing vs engaging.

1. Are side shots while moving forward considered chasing or asssing?

2. When you engage a player and you shoot it out until one is killed is that considered chasing?

3. When you use walls and crates and strategically peek in and out to eliminate the enemy at the flag/base is that considered chasing.

4. In the tunnels in control when you fire a side shot is that considered chasing?

I would say none of those constitute chasing but I could be wrong. I'm thinking chasing is more like following behind a player to shoot him in the back.

Thanks,

EliteVerga 2.0
    Last edited by eliteverga; 06-15-2015 at 01:33 PM.

if the other player is not circlestrafing in front of you and actually passes you after let's say two shots at you, you shouldn't turn around and shoot him.
    You can see it as a gentlemen's agreement. As long as you are in front of each other: shoot.
    Side shots are a bit of a grey area imo. It's np I guess if they're close to you. But don't shoot someone across the map especially not in the middle of a map.
    If you're close to grabbing and wanna make sure noone interrupts go for it.

Thanks for clarifying, the only thing that I can think of that I might have been doing and I see everybody doing it is side shooting as players enter the tunnels in control but its an even straight line up with the players, if it wasn't then it would be assing. The other thing is when you engage players obviously you dance around with one another until one is killed but if the other does not want to dance then I guess he might consider it chasing.

:/
    Last edited by |uK|Nordog; 06-15-2015 at 04:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nordog View Post
    Unreal Tournament Stats - Powered by UTStats

im having 13 grabs vs your 4 . I am just standing in a corner spawnkilling? Get a grip. Im walking full forward on flag, with you and others chasing me. I guess you need a reality check. btw i was against you most of that map, and i capped 5. So what world do you really live in? I even changed team to try make it fair.
    On whores? maybe, but I was woppin that ass on control until you ruined my game. The reality is that I"m getting better and no force can stop that! Enjoy your day

have a good day you too. maybe i will have a good day too when i get better

Quote Originally Posted by Nordog View Post
    have a good day you too. maybe i will have a good day too when i get better

Wow your getting good verga, never seen someone with an average of 50eff and 20acc before you should compete in professional esport events, you are sure to win.

When did you get a UK flag nordog lol

@eliteverga I'mma woop u! :P haha

http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript for uscript discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by UT-Sniper-SJA94 View Post
    Wow your getting good verga, never seen someone with an average of 50eff and 20acc before you should compete in professional esport events, you are sure to win.

When did you get a UK flag nordog lol
    Hi UT,

Can you explain those stats? thanks. I just know that I'm not going after accuracy or kills, I'm strategically trying to win by evading, moving in a manner as to not get shot in the ass to drop the flag. I guess you guys care more about who gets more kills and accuracy. Sometimes I don't even shoot so that I can try to get away or catch up to the enemy flag carrier.

--- Updated ---

Quote Originally Posted by Chamberly View Post
    @eliteverga I'mma woop u! :P haha

Ok, its on, LOL, I'll be in to play after I enjoy my Nestle Vanilla caramel drumstick

Thread Information