SiegeIV Bug's, Nag's and Complaints.. and IDEAS! - Page 19

User Tag List

Page 19 of 48 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    Suggestion:

Idle player lose their RU to team after 2 minutes and get auto kicked right after even if nobody pulls a mutate or the server is not full.

No problem if somebody needs to go to the restroom real quick or get something to drink but too many otherwise good games get ruined by player that join and:

- go idle right away

- go idle every few minutes

- sit in nuke room and fuck around

- just move enough to prevent auto kick on full server

- or even idle entire game.

Some of them even have the nerve to come back and continue to idle after being put to spec.

Just a couple hours ago: awesome match, 6 vs 6, very balanced, really fun game. Then KJ has to go, same team gets an idler at that time, other team gets a 7th player. That’s when I see that said team has a second idler with full RU laying dead in base. A great 6 vs 6 match turned into 7 vs 4. By the time I saw what was going on and put them to spec the match was lost. One of the idler had the nerve to say "I had to feed the baby" can you believe that? If you are fucking busy, don't join a fucking game, go spec and don’t screw up a fine game for 11 other human beings! At a 30 min match you just wasted 5.5 hours of combined game time with your ignorance.

There were something else but I forgot what it was. oh well lol.

http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript for uscript discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by IronMaiden View Post
    Suggestion:

Idle player lose their RU to team after 2 minutes and get auto kicked right after even if nobody pulls a mutate or the server is not full.

No problem if somebody needs to go to the restroom real quick or get something to drink but too many otherwise good games get ruined by player that join and:

- go idle right away

- go idle every few minutes

- sit in nuke room and fuck around

- just move enough to prevent auto kick on full server

- or even idle entire game.

Some of them even have the nerve to come back and continue to idle after being put to spec.

Just a couple hours ago: awesome match, 6 vs 6, very balanced, really fun game. Then KJ has to go, same team gets an idler at that time, other team gets a 7th player. That’s when I see that said team has a second idler with full RU laying dead in base. A great 6 vs 6 match turned into 7 vs 4. By the time I saw what was going on and put them to spec the match was lost. One of the idler had the nerve to say "I had to feed the baby" can you believe that? If you are fucking busy, don't join a fucking game, go spec and don’t screw up a fine game for 11 other human beings! At a 30 min match you just wasted 5.5 hours of combined game time with your ignorance.
    The main issue I have with this is the definition of idling. There will be times that I successfully sneak into an enemy base and secure a critical hiding spot, only to get "detected" as an idler when I'm very much there and am just waiting for an opportune moment to strike.

I've been kicked from games where I'll be feigning death literally right next to the enemy core and am just waiting for RU or an emptier enemy base.

tl;dr, don't base "idleness" on a lack of player motion, but rather on a lack of mouse and keyboard activity.

Another two points:

- Please add a bind for stealth feigning!

- RU should either not be drained after a team dies in multi-way game (extremely frustrating!), or RU restore should be removed for people who spec during a multi-way.
    Last edited by Scourge; 01-29-2016 at 12:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    tl;dr, don't base "idleness" on a lack of player motion, but rather on a lack of mouse and keyboard activity.
    I guess some doesn't notice but behindview 0 does show what the player is looking at instead of just looking at them in 3rd person.

RU should either not be drained after a team dies in multi-way game
    Problem with this is people will be like "oh my team is not good so not gonna spend anything on this and save my RU for the next team"
    Season ranks: MLSG - #45 Semis, MLSG II - #38 Finals, MLSG III - #34 Finals, GU.Siege - #32 5th Place, IST - #11 CHAMPION

The main issue I have with this is the definition of idling. There will be times that I successfully sneak into an enemy base and secure a critical hiding spot, only to get "detected" as an idler when I'm very much there and am just waiting for an opportune moment to strike.

I've been kicked from games where I'll be feigning death literally right next to the enemy core and am just waiting for RU or an emptier enemy base.

Another two points:

- Please add a bind for stealth feigning!

- RU should either not be drained after a team dies in multi-way game (extremely frustrating!), or RU restore should be removed for people who spec during a multi-way.
    How about 3 or 4 minutes?

Quote Originally Posted by IronMaiden View Post
    How about 3 or 4 minutes?
    I think it should only be based on complete inactivity, as in, someone is truly AFK. If someone wants to screw around and do nothing, they can do it whether they're idle or not, so the auto-kick shouldn't be based on lack of motion but on lack of activity.

The main problem as I see it is that it's currently very difficult to remove disruptive or idle players because you need a majority and people on the opposing team rarely vote to do so. If we made it so that you only need a majority of the current target's team, or a number of votes equal to a majority of the current target's team, we'd probably be better off. Vote abuse, of course, would be bannable.

Quote Originally Posted by Moskva View Post
    Problem with this is people will be like "oh my team is not good so not gonna spend anything on this and save my RU for the next team"
    What's to stop people from quitting the losing team prematurely and screwing up the balance? I know I'd say to myself in that kind of situation, well I'm just going to lose all my RU anyway, so why bother spending it? I'd rather just leave now and save myself the hassle.
    Last edited by Scourge; 01-29-2016 at 04:56 PM.

Idea on how to make 4way better:
    - Protector firing separated by team, if there's 3 enemies from different teams in sight, they all get shot.
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

wrong post.
    Last edited by Chamberly; 01-29-2016 at 05:58 PM. Reason: blah blah what am I doing.

Idk what version is on the server but my constructor goes to remove instead of repair it skips it half the time. I've removed stuff by accident because of that.
    Last edited by |uK|kenneth; 02-01-2016 at 11:16 AM.

Thread Information