Suppliers and Super Suppliers as MS - Page 4

User Tag List

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    TL;DR

Quote Originally Posted by FLuKE
    Mines = can all be destroyed with some simple team work nuking, even chimp could do that.
    You would be amazed.

I played in a good chunk of a four (4) hour McSwartzly game yesterday during which I tore the ever-living crap out of blue core twice. After I started this ball rolling, several of my teammates rallied behind me and tried to finish the job by also nuking.

Not a single one of them succeeded. They were all fragged or blown up by mines.

The thing is, the difference in skill required to place a few mines and the skill required for successful infiltration, are such a yawning void on maps like BlueVember and McSwartzly that only people with good team synergy and very careful eyes can do it, and even then there's a huge element of luck in ensuring that nobody is monitoring the spot you're trying to invade from. There's also the matter of the fact that none of my teammates actually communicated with me on nuking; they just nuked when I nuked, and most of them never speak or don't even know the same language I do.

So, no, not "even CHIMP" could do it. Something as "simple" as a caterpillar nuke is incredibly hard to put together in public unless you're lucky. So is not building in a way that will probably lead to you destroying your own team. Yeah, those are the risks you take in a public game, but for goodness sake call a spade a spade.

Removing buildings is not a solution for siege. Just increase price of minishiled, make it have less HP and limit it to 1-3 minishileds per team.

The Best There Ever Will Be! |uK|B|aZe//.'s Avatar
    2 minishields 1 supplier 1 super sup shp isnt really a problem. Just a quick question for @Higor if someone had made a super supplier in place of a minishield and if a person spams said supplier would it stop that teams RU?

Only invincible suppliers trigger the anti spam code.
    Code:
    function Supply(Pawn target)
    {
    	if ( bProtected && sgPRI(target.PlayerReplicationInfo) != none )
    		sgPRI( target.PlayerReplicationInfo).bReachedSupplier = True;
    }
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

I think minishields should have less hp.
    irc.globalgamers.net #codereview

Super supplier instead of minishield is a step forward to the right direction. This mimishield perversion brought by higor with mega clusters of containers (thanks to code changes) ruined pubs. I'm not talking about dragging games out but by dumbing down siege. Team with most containers in a barely reachable place won games and this is hopefully not possible anymore now.
    You are wrong here fluke.

I disagree with basically everything fluke said, but the bottom line is this:

yes pub should be a fun first, laid back environment, but it should also be a footstool into competitive play which it clearly is not. I love seeing new players try the competitive side and the people described as having big egos are usually the first ones to help new players improve, some real assholes we all are indeed, we even made an entire dev league for the lower ranked players this IST. I also think that if you're taking the term "siege" literal in the context of a VIDEO GAME then you're being delusional. It's sad that 2-4 hour matches are considered acceptable now, but good for you if you have that much time to waste, I have more self respect than that though. Finally, I have no problem with your average pub player, but the environment that siege is learned in is garbage and it shows in the quality of the playerbase and their skewed opinions on what a good pub experience is. Scourge is my boy and a pub hero, and even he hit the nail on the head about the current state of things, does it need to be spelled out?

Quote Originally Posted by audiosonic View Post
    Damn, didn´t know shitters took pride in being shitters.
    10/10.

And to get back on topic, I think minisheilds should stay removed. However, if they are brought back, they should definitely be limited/have less hp.

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|chiseller View Post
    is hopefully not possible anymore now.
    Ha ha ha, go play Aleria or Kanjar. It's just as bad as before.
    Not gonna bother discussing any balance changes after what has been done to the profile, was it so hard so put a 1-limit on the Minishield and not touch the other stuff?
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

I really don't care who disagrees or who dislikes what I have to say, I am bang on point, Notice who the dislikes are to my last post though? Those who blow each other while rubbing their ego's..... is "Shitters" a new name for someone now?... how ironic considering all these leet players take it up theirs with relish.

Shields removed have opened up a whole can of worms with players trying alternatives to mini shields which is what is causing the grief and why this thread was created is it not? if the little ass faggots didn't bitch and whine in the first place then none of this would have happened, they would have done the whole tantrum "Not playing public any more because you wont do what we want" and moved over to pug only games where all the other adept players would be, that then leaves public for those who want laid back games without worry of a glory hunter coming in and ending the game while ranting how awesome they are.

It may take a while and several attempts, but tell me of one match, just one that never ever ended at some point? throughout any marathon match like Simplex for example, is the server not constantly full?.... that means it is being enjoyed with the exception of one or two leet players getting frustrated because they cant penetrate the enemies base as easy as they penetrate each other.

So how are longer matches damaging again?... server kept full for 2-3 hours straight is a fucking win in my book.
    Last edited by ][X][~FLuKE~][X][; 07-20-2015 at 03:54 PM.

Thread Information