lags, mulligans, etc - Page 4

User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    In LCWeapons the faster a target moves, the higher the failure threshold is... I never tested it on warpers but it probably allows you to hit them without triggering security checks.

Artificially increasing the shot hitbox of a warper is a lulzy, yet effective solution to that problem... of course server has to establish the 'bIsWarping' and the shot coming from the client must also negotiate the clientside version of bIsWarping at that time stamp so server can find out if client is lying or not.
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by uranus View Post
    Laptops usually have some cpu-scaling function to eke out maximum battery life. You can usually disable it in the bios (mash on F2 frantically at power on for Dell... usually) or sometimes the manufacturer provides a software solution like this EPU-6 to manipulate cpu scaling from the OS. My understanding is that cpu scaling usually borks UT since UT doesn't challenge modern cpu's so scaling kicks in at some point causing lags...?
    it could the be the case , don't really know, but I was talking about my desktop computer that works nicely on EPU-6 on power saving mode, but not when it comes to playing ut especially since I have 144hz lcd that requiers more graphic card power, cpu as you mentioned isn't challenged at all since i have intel i5
    Last edited by soma; 11-14-2015 at 10:34 PM.
    soma - a happiness drug in Aldous Huxley's 'Brave New World'

it looks like that

auto Click image for larger version. 

Name:	auto.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	141.8 KB 
ID:	2695- can't play ut

high performance Click image for larger version. 

Name:	max.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	141.8 KB 
ID:	2696 -ut runs great ever since

forgot to add you have to have both asus mainboad and graphic card to see all lights on, but it was used by asus in 2010 when I bought my current pc don't know about current version if one exsisted

and it's a 90w i5 760 - oldest but as good as new generations
    Last edited by soma; 11-15-2015 at 12:17 AM.
    soma - a happiness drug in Aldous Huxley's 'Brave New World'

Quote Originally Posted by soma View Post
    it looks like that
    Yes. I was really talking more to sumbich since I think his laptop is a bit older. Most likely his processor has a function that is sometimes called "cpu scaling". Intel had(has?) something called speedstep. AMD had a similar function but I don't remember what it's called. This is found on laptops and desktops. That cpu button on your EPU-6 likely disables any cpu scaling (or whatever it's called for your cpu) and forces the processor to run at full speed all the time. The program provides a convenient way to make these adjustments from within the operating system without having to restart the machine and enter the bios everytime you want to change it.

Thread Information