muhamm**.is.a.***** - Page 2

User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by d3R View Post
    How do you know it was about the prophet muhammed? Might as well be about some random dude named Muhammed, maybe the player himself has that name.

I agree gaming is not really the place for religion nor politics but its sad people make themselves angry about things (and facts) they don't like.
    I think it's very obvious who he was referring to, don't you? :P
    Also, I believe Aisha's age is disputed among religious scholars, so it would be a stretch to call it a fact.

I don't have any issues with those kinds of nicknames, but |uK|'s servers, |uK|'s rules.

Let me educate you lot.

If it was a fact, it's a fact in 'today's age'. You can't judge someone centuries ago for marrying what we would call today 'far too young'. Back then, life expectancy was 20-30 at the very Max, if you got lucky. There was no education system. Nor was there much prospects for women, especially if she came from a poor background. People of all cultures 'traded' their daughters for financial benefit.

It was the norm to get married young. 33-year-old King John of England married 12-year-old Isabella of Angoulême.

Look at Egyptian times or any historic kingdom. Shall we call them all paedophiles too?

Uneducated people professing undecuated rubbish.
    Last edited by SAM; 08-24-2015 at 08:35 PM.

No historian would find her age to be controversial. Different times, different norms etc.

From what I've observed, there is some dispute about Aisha's age.
    Here is just one take on her age: Age of Aisha (ra) at time of marriage (tl;dr "We conclude from all the evidence cited above that Aisha (may Allah be pleased with her) was nineteen years old when she joined the Holy Prophet as his wife in the year 2 A.H., the nikah or betrothal having taken place five years previously.")
    Are they not taken seriously by the larger Islamic denominations?

I was curious about the life expectancy in the time of Mohammed, though. I was not able to find any reliable sources, just people claiming that life expectancy was this and that (all higher than 20-30.) Muhammed was in his '50s when they married and Aisha was in her '60s when she died, so 20-30 seemed *very* low to me.

Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post
    Look at Egyptian times or any historic kingdom. Shall we call them all paedophiles too?
    Indeed. Khal Drogo, for example was 35 when he married Daenerys Targaryen, who was 13.

The human mind worked differently, even as little a 100 years ago it was common place in England to throw urine and faeces out of the window onto to the streets below, this was considered "Normal".

The biggest problem people have judging historic events or civilisation is coming to conclusions based on the present way of thinking, this isn't helped by TV and movie fiction, especially those intended to be based on historic events.

500 years ago there was nothing but filth, rape, murder and disease, 1000 years ago it was even worse, There was no such thing as a Paedophile. Giving someone a label from present way of thinking is inaccurate to say the least, therefore any name working along that present way of thinking is considered nothing but an insult.

Cleopatra is a classic example of something we find disgusting by today's standards, marrying her own family regardless of age.

I hate all religions and consider what they represent to be archaic, I despise the way the gods and prophets alike are depicted by using today's thought process. The are so many gaps and holes in all religions now that they make the grand canyon like like cracks on the side walk. Religion has always been used as a method of control and it still works today by those high up on the religion food chain. Even though I think this way I do not have the right to insult others or force my opinions on them in any subject.

Back onto the subject here, blatant abuse on any religion or race will be met with zero tolerance simply because most people will be deeply offended, those who do not find it offensive are usually the troll "Spoilt by mommy and daddy" young kid, a racist or an all out bigot, that latter generally being the most obvious.

If you feel the urge to have a name that will be deemed by anyone as offensive then restrain from doing it unless you want a ban. Not rocket science, js

I just wonder how many 1000s of years more advanced the human race would be without religion holding us back.

OK, I might have exaggerated a bit on the age thing lol

Generally speaking though, most people died young due to disease, being invaded etc and most women died during birth. It is interesting how different rules apply for different circumstances though. I don't see anyone suggesting King John, Khal Drogo etc were paedos. It's a shame 99% of world population are blinded by zionist war propaganda.

Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post
    OK, I might have exaggerated a bit on the age thing lol

Generally speaking though, most people died young due to disease, being invaded etc and most women died during birth. It is interesting how different rules apply for different circumstances though. I don't see anyone suggesting King John, Khal Drogo etc were paedos. It's a shame 99% of world population are blinded by zionist war propaganda.
    It's only in recent times that this whole issue has become controversial among some people (often with a political agenda.)
    Marrying older men meant a much greater chance of a stable and secure future. If some people don't understand this simple concept, then I don't know what to tell them

Quote Originally Posted by seabass View Post
    Marrying older men meant a much greater chance of a stable and secure future.
    It's funny, isn't it? Most would say, the same still applies today.

It's only in recent times that this whole issue has become controversial among some people (often with a political agenda.)
    Marrying older men meant a much greater chance of a stable and secure future. If some people don't understand this simple concept, then I don't know what to tell them
    Disclaimer: I don't give a shit how much hate I might get from saying this. The age of consent only increased because of feminism. At the core of it, older women began using feminism as a way to give themselves a better chance at procreation by eliminating younger competition by changing social norms. But the main problems we're seeing now as a result are 1) ever-increasing divorce rates and broken families (e.g., I no longer have a family because of this) and 2) in "developed" countries, women now wait until they are much, much older to have children, which either causes problems for said children or said women find out they they are simply unable have children because they waited too long. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for women's rights, equality, etc., but there are still a lot of kinks we need to work out with allowing feminists to be overly self-serving.

Marrying older men meant a much greater chance of a stable and secure future.
    This doesn't apply to me. ^.^ In fact, it would possibly turn out worser imo... but that's just my pov. xD

http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript for uscript discussion.

Thread Information