This is how uK admins work. - Page 4

User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by IronMaiden View Post
    I read the entire thread. What's your point? I think it's you who didn't get what I was trying to say. How many people got banned the last couple weeks for back shooting on CTF while team switcher, remover, booster, AFK lamer and leech builder in Siege get most of the time nothing day after day? Why don't you come to the Siege Server and help clean up the mess?
    Pretty simple for me to explain why i dont. I have no clue about siege.

Nobody got banned for backshooting therefore you didn't read the thread. Someone got banned but not for backshooting but for being hugely disrespectful and an overall pain in the ass though to the servers.

I also don't admin the Siege server I'm not a moderator there I don't like Siege or play it I'm a instagib moderator
    Last edited by UNrealshots; 11-11-2015 at 03:31 AM.

·=GU II sDOM >3paco Finalist =· ·=GU saDM I Semi Finalist=· ·=GU I PBR Quarter Finalist=· ·=GU II roflnation Winner=· ·=GU III \\cG Semi Finalist=· ·=GU IV \\'. Finalist=· ·=GU V iB. Winner=· ·=OW I iCTF Finalist=· ·=ClanBase DIV3 iCTF WINNER ]eLc[=·

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|UNrealshots View Post
    Nobody got banned for backshooting therefore you didn't read the thread. Someone got banned but not for backshooting but for being hugely disrespectful and an overall pain in the ass though to the servers.

I also don't admin the Siege server I'm not a moderator there I don't like Siege or play it I'm a instagib moderator
    Ok, I guess I didn't approach 'my' issue the right way. What I was trying to say is that there is a lot more moderation on CTF (which I support) than on Siege. No matter why people get moderated on CTF, that’s what we are missing IMO on the public Siege server. It takes only one asshat just a couple seconds to screw up an entire 1 hour match. It takes much longer than a couple seconds to report the infraction on the forum, and way longer to get a mod or admin to really take care of that one case, which is just one out of dozens of infractions each day. When I play late at night the majority of games are screwed up. There is literally no point in playing at night.

I understand that not every mod is into Siege and I also understand that not every Siege mod has the time to be online all the time (or at all). I offered my help but didn’t hear back. It would be nice to be able to play Siege on a regular basis without fucked up games all the times. But that’s not going to happen when no mods are around or no new mods being put in charge.
    Last edited by IronMaiden; 11-11-2015 at 04:05 AM.

Being a mod is tough especially in a game you enjoy to play. It will burn you from playing it because you have to take the time to babysit certain players in some situations you have to remove them from the server which also takes playing time away from you to actually enjoy the game. It wears on you it does but to find an actual good moderator is very difficult... not everyone is perfect we all make mistakes I've made many as a moderator but it only helps you learn.. this game isn't as popular as it was...

This game is so old and we are losing players fast its near impossible at times or at all to get more moderators you can't just put anyone into moderating something... they have to understand the certain thing they are moderating and have to know the rules inside and out I'm missing more here but you get the idea. Just like Siege its very complex you have to have someone who knows how it works.. how not to abuse power if given to them but there aren't many people left who could be chosen to do such a thing its not that we don't like them or they don't seem fit for it sometimes it takes awhile to get people to trust you enough to become a moderator... sometimes even that's not enough I could go on for awhile here but it'd be just a wall of text.

·=GU II sDOM >3paco Finalist =· ·=GU saDM I Semi Finalist=· ·=GU I PBR Quarter Finalist=· ·=GU II roflnation Winner=· ·=GU III \\cG Semi Finalist=· ·=GU IV \\'. Finalist=· ·=GU V iB. Winner=· ·=OW I iCTF Finalist=· ·=ClanBase DIV3 iCTF WINNER ]eLc[=·

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|UNrealshots View Post
    Being a mod is tough especially in a game you enjoy to play. It will burn you from playing it because you have to take the time to babysit certain players in some situations you have to remove them from the server which also takes playing time away from you to actually enjoy the game. It wears on you it does but to find an actual good moderator is very difficult... not everyone is perfect we all make mistakes I've made many as a moderator but it only helps you learn.. this game isn't as popular as it was...

This game is so old and we are losing players fast its near impossible at times or at all to get more moderators you can't just put anyone into moderating something... they have to understand the certain thing they are moderating and have to know the rules inside and out I'm missing more here but you get the idea. Just like Siege its very complex you have to have someone who knows how it works.. how not to abuse power if given to them but there aren't many people left who could be chosen to do such a thing its not that we don't like them or they don't seem fit for it sometimes it takes awhile to get people to trust you enough to become a moderator... sometimes even that's not enough I could go on for awhile here but it'd be just a wall of text.
    I know that moderating (anything for that matter) is very time consuming and not particularly fun. I owned a forum with over 8000 members, about 400 being active members on a daily basis. It wore the crap out of me and my staff. I'm offering my help on the Siege server in order to give a little back to this great mod and the community. Btw: I get worn out over player intentionally screwing up games. So if I could help keep the manners where they are supposed to be it could be a win-win situation. But that’s not my decision. I sent SAM my lengthy application.. but heck I'm not even sure he reads his PMs busy has he is. Should I send it to somebody else?

We've seen your ban complaint but we are just trying to get to it.

Instagib servers are more moderated than uK siege because instagib server have more than 1 server (Siege only have 1), more people to abide with, and rules that aren't completely cleared to everyone vs peoples who know how to play siege. Therefore, Instagib servers are more harse due to backshooting and gameplay problem than what siege can adjust to (siege have more of a dynamic gameplay when it allow you additional builds to bypass any problem to get by if you know how to do it without breaking rules.)

There are plenty of mod and admin, but there has been less players than what it was years ago and less reporting being reported on the forum than how it was years ago?

I don't have time to compare that, let alone admin have the large history to know than what I can research in a temp short amount of time.

About absent of my availability, I'm afk for a few days because I had to take my Mom to the hospital for an open heart surgery, 4 bypass. She had a hard time recovering and finally got out yesterday but still need a lot of my time and help for anything, prepare food, help her walk around for physical workout, help her maintain her breathing with oxygen machine, go buy groceries and look up the exact meal she need which is not many to find and times to research that, and dealing with someone else who doesn't help out a lot and have to keep her stress under control or she will end up in a grave which she command me not to let that to happen so I have to control this. This may end up in 4 more weeks or more. C ya.

http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript for uscript discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Chamberly View Post
    We've seen your ban complaint but we are just trying to get to it.

Instagib servers are more moderated than uK siege because instagib server have more than 1 server (Siege only have 1), more people to abide with, and rules that aren't completely cleared to everyone vs peoples who know how to play siege. Therefore, Instagib servers are more harse due to backshooting and gameplay problem than what siege can adjust to (siege have more of a dynamic gameplay when it allow you additional builds to bypass any problem to get by if you know how to do it without breaking rules.)

There are plenty of mod and admin, but there has been less players than what it was years ago and less reporting being reported on the forum than how it was years ago?

I don't have time to compare that, let alone admin have the large history to know than what I can research in a temp short amount of time.

About absent of my availability, I'm afk for a few days because I had to take my Mom to the hospital for an open heart surgery, 4 bypass. She had a hard time recovering and finally got out yesterday but still need a lot of my time and help for anything, prepare food, help her walk around for physical workout, help her maintain her breathing with oxygen machine, go buy groceries and look up the exact meal she need which is not many to find and times to research that, and dealing with someone else who doesn't help out a lot and have to keep her stress under control or she will end up in a grave which she command me not to let that to happen so I have to control this. This may end up in 4 more weeks or more. C ya.

I hope you don't take my words personally, because they are not meant personally at all. I'm glad for every single minute any admin or mod can come up with to guide some Siege games here and there. I’m also not taking anything for granted.

I'm just wishing for a better and fairer game play in Siege and I came to the conclusion that I can't expect any improvement or anything at all if I'm not willing to do my part in the equation. That’s why I offered to help. I do not want to take anything away from anybody and I'm not complaining that people don't have the time. But as I said.. all I can do is to offer my help to moderate. And if my help is not wanted please let me know so that I can move on with a clear answer.

I'm sorry your mom is dealing with major health problems and I know how hard this must be on you. I wish you both all the best.

Quote Originally Posted by IronMaiden View Post
    I'm glad for every single minute any admin or mod can come up with to guide some Siege games here and there.
    I'll send you a private copy of mine in a PM within a few hours or day, depends.

http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript for uscript discussion.

Insta is what, 15 min a map?
    Siege is 80 min a map.

There is people who get bans on siege but you don't always see it, we don't post much on forums.

Admins can't be around 24/7

@IronMaiden I did see your PM. Unfortunately I'm preparing for a defence on the 22nd. I'm battered and bruised. Sporting bruised eyes and legs in prep.

There are a number of PM that I need to catch up on and that includes yours @Chamberly. I'm not ignoring them.

Thread Information