Butthurt Street - Page 59

User Tag List

Page 59 of 77 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast

Thread: Butthurt Street

Quote Originally Posted by sumbich View Post
    "If you dont read the news, you're uninformed; If you read the news, you're misinformed"
    -Mark Twain
    Well played, I'll go along...

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers."
    Thomas Jefferson

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by uranus View Post
    I don't. Please, ELI5, professor.
    How old are you? This is a serious - none inflammatory - question.

I don't. Please, ELI5, professor.
    you, who was trying to give me lessons in logic? ROFL.
    “I was not proud of what I had learned but I never doubted that it was worth knowing.”
    ― Hunter S. Thompson, The Rum Diary

"‘if the American people knew what we had done, they would hang us all from lamp posts’."
    -George H. W. Bush Sr. (Scherff)

“Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants – but debt is the money of slaves.”

Quote Originally Posted by IronMaiden View Post
    How old are you?
    The glorious aspect of logic is that it speaks for itself regardless of the age, shoe size or hairstyle of the logician. I'm still waiting to be schooled...

the glorious aspect of not having mentally grown past 14 is that you get to stay a kid forever

(at least mentally speaking, anyway)
    “I was not proud of what I had learned but I never doubted that it was worth knowing.”

"‘if the American people knew what we had done, they would hang us all from lamp posts’."

“Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants – but debt is the money of slaves.”

The glorious aspect of logic is that it speaks for itself regardless of the age, shoe size or hairstyle of the logician. I'm still waiting to be schooled...
    Shoe size or hairstyle have nothing to do with experience. Age does. I bet your are either in your teens or 20s at best. In how many different countries have you lived, not just visited, and gained perspectives different from what you know from the US alone?

Thanks, Professor Grampaw. It all makes sense now.

- - - Updated - - -

Shoe size or hairstyle have nothing to do with experience. Age does.
    How does logic relate to age?

Shoe size or hairstyle have nothing to do with experience. Age does. I bet your are either in your teens or 20s at best. In how many different countries have you lived, not just visited, and gained perspectives different from what you know from the US alone?
    what, do you think they never released any millenial prototypes early?

while some folks may gain wisdom with age, some merely harden like that block of brie cheese that's been in the back of the fridge for 14 months

I'll wait...

Thanks, Professor Grampaw. It all makes sense now.

- - - Updated - - -

How does logic relate to age?
    I asked you 2 simple questions and you can't even answer one of them. Explain to me again why I should take you any serious. You want to talk about logic? I can explain logic to you in LISP if you would like to.

I asked you 2 simple questions and you can't even answer one of them. Explain to me again why I should take you any serious. You want to talk about logic? I can explain logic to you in LISP if you would like to.
    oh, you missed the rules of this thread - we dont get to ask questions, we just have to sit here and be mocked for not believing the news

(or for blanket covering logical fallacies, typing too quickly and focusing on one aspect of a post and not having appeal to authority on the brain, but regardless, the presence of the logical fallacy is quite clear. but then again, one who debates from a position of inferiority needs every win in his basket possible, so it is verboten to acknowledge any point the other side makes.

that's part of being 14, though.)
    Last edited by sumbich; 08-08-2016 at 12:41 PM.

Thread Information