about PING - Page 3

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: about PING

There is a bug with the rocket launcher in the later versions of NN which causes people to sometimes inadvertently fire an extra rocket that other players are unable to see. This also affects the spread of the rockets and would explain the inability to dodge them sometimes (since 1 rocket is literally invisible and/or the spread appears to be completely different). With earlier versions of NN, the rockets were perfectly predictable and easily dodgeable, which I tested with chicken (and his high, unstable ping) for hours lol. The bug was introduced when I hacked together the clientside weapon switching, which I think somehow allows the rocket launcher's loaded count to get out of sync with the server, possibly due to a race condition. The clientside weapon switching was quite a hackjob since Epic didn't design replication to be overridden and I wasn't about to rewrite even more of the game to make it an ideal implementation lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackdeath View Post
    I've taken extremes because your affermation was: "ping 0 or 150 is same". Don't put other things in speech

My intent, or If you prefer IMHO, was dispute a questionable assertion. I've played enough for know all variables you've listed (ex. increase tickrate> easier shots). When you've played for years in the same 7-8 CTF maps you should be know perfectly, if not at memory, style/strategy to apply. This regardless your skill.
    Objectively, in some situations, you realize to see your enemy with delay (Adrian's example was perfect). All decent players without optimal ping know it.Sure newnet helps, not do miracles
    I don't know what connection you use , but I admit I've never experiencened the delays you metnion thus I'd gladly take your knowledge and skill and give you my ping instead.

peace
    soma - a happiness drug in Aldous Huxley's 'Brave New World'

Thread Information