Bike thread

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bike thread

Bike thread

Anybody else into bikes (motorcycles that is)? If you ride, have ridden or plan to ride this is the place to be Share what you ride, your stories or dream bikes...

I have been on 2 wheels (sometimes on one wheel lol) for quite a while now, both on the streets and the race track. I got bumped into, rear ended by cager and i also ‘professionally dismounted’ on the track at various speeds. Have some shiny Titanium in my bones to prove it. Crashing on the track comes with the territory. It’s a sport.. you push yourself and the bike to the limit.. you can only improve your lap times and win races if you are right on the edge to losing traction (and crashing).

My race bike is 2012 GSX-R 1000, highly moddfied. Brings almost 200 horses to the rear wheel @ 370 lb. My road bike is a Ducati 1198 SP.

I used to have my own YT account with various footage from me being on the track but delete the account when Google tried to force this bullshit Google+ on every YouTube user. Maybe I'll upload some video again. Until then here some photos I just found and a vid on a friends YouTube channel.

Last edited by IronMaiden; 12-10-2015 at 11:00 PM.

The Best There Ever Will Be! |uK|B|aZe//.'s Avatar
    haha nice I haven't actually gone to any track days yet, got all the extra fairings etc for it. Will have to post some pics up of mine and some videos of my journeys to work I guess

ohhh sometimes I miss my ol crotch rocket
    it was fun while I had it, but I got sick of running from the cops, there's just too many around here. took a drive last night that's about 50-60 min and fondly recalled the time a bunch of us did it in about 15 minutes once on the bikes. I only had a 600 though, so my speeds were limited to generally 150-160 at redline (13,300) but once going down a big hill I got the speedometer to 170 with the rpms up at 15,500, but at that point I saw how far above redline I was and backed off, I didnt want to have a malfunction at that speed lest I wind up hamburger.
    crazy early 20s
    I also remember feeling the heat from the road on my knee going 75 through a 25-30mph turn
    I didnt have any gear aside from a helmet I wore once in a blue moon, usually when going out of state since all the bordering states have helmet laws.
    now I drive a nice slow truck and my insurance rates are great
    fun fun fun times though, great pics. I never wound up having the opportunity to get on a track.

I only rode on bikes sometimes but not driven one.

@(bO.o)b look, a bike!

http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript for uscript discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|B|aZe//. View Post
    haha nice I haven't actually gone to any track days yet, got all the extra fairings etc for it. Will have to post some pics up of mine and some videos of my journeys to work I guess

Yeah, upload some pics. What do you ride? Talking about videos riding to work in London. You probably have seen his videos.. Royal Jordanian does just that on YouTube.. lane sharing in those tight streets must be fun:

https://www.youtube.com/user/royaljordanian

Quote Originally Posted by sumbich View Post
    ohhh sometimes I miss my ol crotch rocket
    it was fun while I had it, but I got sick of running from the cops, there's just too many around here. took a drive last night that's about 50-60 min and fondly recalled the time a bunch of us did it in about 15 minutes once on the bikes. I only had a 600 though, so my speeds were limited to generally 150-160 at redline (13,300) but once going down a big hill I got the speedometer to 170 with the rpms up at 15,500, but at that point I saw how far above redline I was and backed off, I didnt want to have a malfunction at that speed lest I wind up hamburger.
    crazy early 20s
    I also remember feeling the heat from the road on my knee going 75 through a 25-30mph turn
    I didnt have any gear aside from a helmet I wore once in a blue moon, usually when going out of state since all the bordering states have helmet laws.
    now I drive a nice slow truck and my insurance rates are great
    fun fun fun times though, great pics. I never wound up having the opportunity to get on a track.

Most PD’s have a no-chase policy when it comes to bikes. You can imagine what’s going on at nights.

Unless you’re riding on Germanys Autobahn with mostly no speed limits, it’s the track where it’s at. Dragging knee on public roads is just asking for it. It only takes some leaves or gravel. Plenty of my riding buddies got mangled riding ballz to the wall on the roads. One lost both his legs above the knees when he went down in a patch of sand on an off ramp. The guard rails are like razor blades at speed.

I too ride squid most of the time. It’s just too fucking hot for gear in Florida. I tried leathers in 95F with 90% humidity while sitting in traffic once. Almost passed out. Not much better on the track but at least you have plenty of air flowing at those speeds.

I also owned a KTM 500 SuperMoto but sold it this year. Basically a MotoCross race bike with tags on it. Power wheelies everywhere, even in 4th gear. Wheelie tickets are $1000 the first time. Get caught 3 times and your license is gone for 10 years. You simply can’t ride this SuperMoto without pulling wheelies on every freakin light. It’s a hooligan machine.

Last edited by IronMaiden; 02-02-2016 at 01:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IronMaiden View Post
    Most PD’s in South Florida have a no-chase policy when it comes to bikes. You can imagine what’s going on at nights.

Unless you’re riding on Germanys Autobahn with mostly no speed limits, it’s the track where it’s at. Dragging knee on public roads is just asking for it. It only takes some leaves or gravel. Plenty of my riding buddies got mangled riding ballz to the wall on the roads. One lost both his legs above the knees when he went down in a patch of sand on an off ramp. The guard rails are like razor blades at speed.

I too ride squid most of the time. It’s just too fucking hot for gear in Florida. I tried leathers in 95F with 90% humidity while sitting in traffic once. Almost passed out. Not much better on the track but at least you have plenty of air flowing at those speeds.

I also owned a KTM 500 SuperMoto but sold it this year. Basically a MotoCross race bike with tags on it. Power wheelies everywhere, even in 4th gear. Florida wheelie tickets are $1000 the first time. Get caught 3 times and your license is gone for 10 years. You simply can’t ride this SuperMoto without pulling wheelies on every freakin light. It’s a hooligan machine.
    That's gotta be nice.... do they have cameras? Cops around here are like walking past a pack of wild dogs, you really dont know if something will set them off for no reason and they come after you. Varies from town to town.

Luckily I only got in trouble dragging a knee once and I had enough room that I didnt come into contact with anything. Road rash sure does suck, though...glad my skin just came back right over the tattoos and they remained unharmed!

Having had some firefighter friends, I know all too well what guard rails do...and why they bring along two cases of 2 liter bottles of coca cola...nothing dissolves blood better...

lol@ super moto...reminded me of when I took my bike exam, one dude had a roadable 400 like that and accidentally wheelied on the course. instructor was scratchin his head, saying man, all the years I've done this I've NEVER seen someone pull a wheelie on the freakin 2m license test course!

Damn, I though more people on this forum are riding. What about our friends from India? 2 of my programmer are from India and both ride, rain or shine.

That's gotta be nice.... do they have cameras? Cops around here are like walking past a pack of wild dogs, you really dont know if something will set them off for no reason and they come after you. Varies from town to town.

Luckily I only got in trouble dragging a knee once and I had enough room that I didnt come into contact with anything. Road rash sure does suck, though...glad my skin just came back right over the tattoos and they remained unharmed!

Having had some firefighter friends, I know all too well what guard rails do...and why they bring along two cases of 2 liter bottles of coca cola...nothing dissolves blood better...

lol@ super moto...reminded me of when I took my bike exam, one dude had a roadable 400 like that and accidentally wheelied on the course. instructor was scratchin his head, saying man, all the years I've done this I've NEVER seen someone pull a wheelie on the freakin 2m license test course!

Well all cop cars have dash cams and some on the trunk for reading tags. Miami is very different in many aspects. There is so much crap going on that a few sport bike rider going fast at night don't really cause any major problems. And when they go down they almost always only hurt themselves. So the priority on them is low. Also, the sport bike market in the US is shrinking by a lot. Most I know sold their bikes because they went down hard, got married to a nagging bitch, ran out of money or do the track only.

That guy wheeling at the bike exam is cool lol The bike I got was a 25 year old 125cc thumper. You couldn’t wheelie that thing even if you’d hit the rev limiter and cut the clutch cable.

you'd think cops would largely understand that, but in my state they dont care if you arent harming anyone, they want 100% compliance no questions asked. I think any automated tag reading is a 4th amendment violation...but the government doesnt quite seem to care about that damned old piece of paper any longer

sometimes I would like to get a harley or maybe an ol motoguzzi or something just to tool around in...but I got a convertible for that wind, its almost as good

you'd think cops would largely understand that, but in my state they dont care if you arent harming anyone, they want 100% compliance no questions asked. I think any automated tag reading is a 4th amendment violation...but the government doesnt quite seem to care about that damned old piece of paper any longer

sometimes I would like to get a harley or maybe an ol motoguzzi or something just to tool around in...but I got a convertible for that wind, its almost as good

I thought about getting back into cars and giving up on riding entirely. Just to get rid of the high risk. I was on the list for the new GT4 but they sold out like hotcakes. Then again nothing comes close to riding a liter bike IMO. So for now I'll stick with'em.

Don't get me started on the constitution and especially on the 2nd amendment.. too bad there's no 2016 candidate called Thomas Jefferson..
    Last edited by IronMaiden; 12-04-2015 at 09:17 AM.

that was it for me, too many cop interactions, too tough to avoid them, and the danger goes parabolic once those lights go on (and if it was at night, my back ones all went off via a secret switch)....some of the dudes I used to ride with did that shit for fun, ffs ( when I heard those guys say something like let's go see how hot rt 9 really is....I'd usually just drive home, my 600 wasnt fast enough to go on those hell rides, I'm sure you know you dont want to be the guy at the back when running from a bear )

I try not to get started on it either but the shit just keeps coming up in your face repeatedly...while I'd ideally love to retire to a cave and never bee seen again by most of humanity, my warped sense of compassion makes me feel bad for humanity having to undergo such things...

Thread Information