is this DM or is this... "D" and/or is that allowed?

User Tag List

is this DM or is this... "D" and/or is that allowed?

to me it is still unclear to what is allowed and what is not.
    if I DM one map I get banned 500 matches. but If i report some DM, its nothing cause he is a noob and needs to learn the game. but I am really annoyed by this pete dude. he is an extreme good player. but he sometimes (not always!) does this DM shit I get really tired of.
    75 effi with 3 grabs on klondike?!
    that 'reeks' to DM. but I'm sure it is called defence.

he pointed out his stats when I confronted him, but I dont really see anything positive in that. sure he could have misgrabbed a couple of times and therefore he has lot of covers, but my man slopestyle also has 10 covers and 11 grabs as well. 22 flag kills give me more indication that he was laming in base. I dont got a demo to prove unfortunately, but sometimes like on aqauriusbase he stays in enemy base and spawnkill instead of real covering the fc, but this is a flaw many players have. they always call that covering the flag carrier. or he stays around an enemy flag not grabbing, until someone else does and then does his kill everybody ownage.
    too bad, cause if he would go more on the attack he could get 10 caps a game. but hey, then his efficiency wasn't thát high. 60 is not enough!
    I`m not seeing him banned ofcourse by a lousy screenshot or little acusations, but I am annoyed (not much needed though ) and I just wonder what is aloud.

Pete the German is just a dming noob, that's it, and true he's very good at it and so are you

I leave the server when I see a couple of players with aim like you guys , hah
    soma - a happiness drug in Aldous Huxley's 'Brave New World'

Helping team capture the flag (which sometimes includes keeping own flag on the stand at the right times) is playing CTF which is not a bannable offense. Running around mindlessly fragging with no regard for the flags is DMing and is generally a bannable offense since the gametype is CTF, not DM.

Posting a demo would certainly help with determining this particular case.

It's called CTF, not cherrypicking, there are other things you can do in the game to help your team capture flags, but you can't do anything because people cry, not everyone has the mentality of, "fuck my team, I'll wait for the flag to return, then expect everyone to cover me", some people think:
    - My teams flag carrier is coming towards our base, I'm going to kill the players going into my base so my flag carrier has an easier run to the base,
    - I'll let a weaker player grab the flag, and I'll follow them to cover them, as well as picking up the flag if they drop it.
    ect...

There is a reason some flag runners have the most covers, flag kills, seals, as well as grabs in some games, they are playing for the team, not themselves.

I get fed up with people crying when you kill them going into your base when your team has the flag, you can't do anything in the server without someone crying laming this, backshoot this.

Quote Originally Posted by soma View Post
    Pete the German is just a dming noob, that's it
    Daar is je antwoord ZwartePiet

Just look at my recent matches and see that I got the most points almost every game (mostly because of covers), according to you that must be a coincidence since im only DMing?
    Im just tired of not getting covered by my team so I rather do it myself...
    I can only agree with SJA, he already wrote everything important.

Quote Originally Posted by skinnyPete View Post
    Just look at my recent matches and see that I got the most points almost every game (mostly because of covers), according to you that must be a coincidence since im only DMing?
    Im just tired of not getting covered by my team so I rather do it myself...
    I can only agree with SJA, he already wrote everything important.
    ?
    lol
    so you do what you do cause you don`t get a good cover. real men cap the flag themselves. in hope of good teamplay. even if you don`t get a cover, next time you will. (probably). thats why its a team game.
    like me. sometimes i suck, sometimes i am good. at least i try to cap and i do that. i also give numerous covers and i return flags. i help ppl cap fast (ask amazing).it`s public, it`s allround. its fun. you could be so much better.

The Best There Ever Will Be! |uK|B|aZe//.'s Avatar
    its publics you all suck anyway?

p.s. scream was in on that match on the same team, he would have addressed it if it was an issue....

I don't see anything wrong in this picture, but that could be just me.
    Without a actual demorec these statistics are only up for "assumptions" to backup your claim piet, not hard evidentual facts.
    To me the pic clearly shows that someone had to step up his game, show some balls, and neglet the outcome of the game. Because your team already capped 8 against them, it's only fair that he stayed behind to actually defend the flag area, because everyone else failed to do so.

Also on a map like Klondike it's way too easy to start labeling someone as "DMér", especially with those rediculously layed out spawn locations. (Sorry nob/paco).
    RoC^Nycro (TiG) - LaG|Complete - NLA*Dipset` (NW/IG)
    http://www.prounreal.org
    ut-stats: http://www.unrealkillers.com/usstats/?p=pinfo&pid=28661

i play with pete many times in the same team and indeed when he see someone behind him he is a grabbing machine,i accept him when he do some dming but he is good and i understand him.

Thread Information