normal weapon maps - Page 3

User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post
    I'll give you a history lesson @AS~Chinpo

The server was made in memory of the ND server. The ND server had combo and NW on it and it was extremely popular. I used to play on that server a lot.

When rob turned off the ND server (unannounced) and after months of following up and no response. I opened this server, an exact reflection of what the server was. This server has always had NW and always will. It was disabled for a few months. Not a year. People did play on it. I just didn't have the same amount of time I had when I started all these servers which you now find populated.

The combo players simply do not vote. And if they do, they don't vote collaboratively. Whereas the NW voters do vote in collaboration. Therefore their votes win. Stop being apes when it comes to voting.

It seems you really have some anger issues though. I doubt anybody cares about the multitude of diseases you carry. Maybe you should chill out some and stop banging that keyboard so much. There really is no need to use capital letters and profanity in your posts in order to project your point of view.
    That isn't a good thing. I don't want to have to pick either nw or combo, I want to vote on the best combo map. Getting forced to pick a piss poor combo map or a shittier NW map isn't a great option. What does a year of your server per slot cost? I'll have money to piss away in a week or two here. I'll pay for a year in advance on a server. I'll let you guys admin it, but I would want admin control if I pay for a year. Combo only with grapple like it is now. CTF or DM. Keep the server how you have it now with both on. I'll pay for a combo only with same maps, and I'll add a bunch of maps. I'd want a 300 ping cap on it though. I can do one myself, but honestly I go 2 or 3 months without time for UT very often. I don't have the time to build a server up like I would want it, and I'd want some admins on hand. Also would have to have forced name change mod for people with no name coming in to play. Other than that it can be like it is. I'd also consider doing 2 diff game plays, one low g run and gun sniper, with slightly faster gameplay speed. There is only one low g sniper ctf server I ping good at, but whatever they have going on it is a choppy mess. I ping 20 there too, also their scope on their gun has a bug and you zoom in and the aim is way off holding it on a non moving target. Anyways you let me know. I don't mind paying to have something I want available, but I don't want a bunch of 300 + pingers on there.

Why don't one of you NW players do the same? If you love it so much, pay for a year in advance, and copy over the NW server alone. Anyone else going to pony up cash?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by uranus View Post

jus' sayin'

- - - Updated - - -

Is that the "rob" that ran the High Speed Face server and reportedly finally succumbed to leukemia?
    Dude that is the name of the forum, not the name in the directory for UT..

- - - Updated - - -

jus' sayin'

- - - Updated - - -

Is that the "rob" that ran the High Speed Face server and reportedly finally succumbed to leukemia?
    OH and just saying. Does the first post say NORMAL WEAPONS? Anywhere? It says COMBO INSTAGIB server now active...
    Last edited by AS~Chinpo; 01-24-2016 at 07:20 PM.

Hey numbnuts! Look at this topic from Februray 2012:

http://www.unrealkillers.com/showthr...09-NW-Map-List

Quote Originally Posted by AS~Chinpo View Post
    the name in the directory for UT
    Are you referring to the in game "Unreal Tournament Server Browser" in Unreal Tournament 99?

It says COMBO INSTAGIB server now active.
    I don't see where it says "server now active". Maybe I'm blind...?

I agree with hex.
    irc.globalgamers.net #codereview

I agree with jay who agrees with hex.
    I'll pay for a year in advance on a server.
    Finally! That sounds like a great idea. It might be interesting to see how a straight comboinstagib server works out on a new config and new ip.

I'll match any donation to keep the current combo/NW server like it is.

I agree with jay who agrees with hex.

Finally! That sounds like a great idea. It might be interesting to see how a straight comboinstagib server works out on a new config and new ip.

I'll match any donation to keep the current combo/NW server like it is.
    There ya go. If they will go for it. Or just give me a server dump and Ill get it through same provider. That was bullshit tonight. 4 or 5 NW matches to play 1 combo map. Come on, that is bullshit. Finally getting used to the no newnet smooth play again, and have to piss around chasing guns. It is just bs, combo server may as well be gone right now.
    Last edited by AS~Chinpo; 01-24-2016 at 11:24 PM.

it will be fun see how you keep getting angry I hope that ip
    CDQMCP

There ya go. If they will go for it. Or just give me a server dump and Ill get it through same provider. That was bullshit tonight. 4 or 5 NW matches to play 1 combo map. Come on, that is bullshit. Finally getting used to the no newnet smooth play again, and have to piss around chasing guns. It is just bs, combo server may as well be gone right now.
    There's a full time, 100% Combogib server out there. Not thru UK's servers but someone else runs them. They usually have a few people playing throughout the day. This server is what it is. Stop complaining and find other servers to play when this one is playing weapons. As simple as that. Or better yet, find something to do with your time other than play UT 24 hours a day when it gets voted weapons. Every time I play, which isn't too often, you are playing.

Also be grateful they changed the mapvote down to .7 from .9. I'm shocked they even did that for someone who complains all map and just sits when weapons get voted. How that's not a lifetime ban from Blond is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by kdawg232 View Post
    There's a full time, 100% Combogib server out there. Not thru UK's servers but someone else runs them. They usually have a few people playing throughout the day. This server is what it is. Stop complaining and find other servers to play when this one is playing weapons. As simple as that. Or better yet, find something to do with your time other than play UT 24 hours a day when it gets voted weapons. Every time I play, which isn't too often, you are playing.

Also be grateful they changed the mapvote down to .7 from .9. I'm shocked they even did that for someone who complains all map and just sits when weapons get voted. How that's not a lifetime ban from Blond is beyond me.
    I play on it, but I ping over 100, and it is rather choppy on there. I'm offering to pay for a year for a dedicated server, are you willing to pay for a dedicated NW server you enjoy it so much? I don't get to play that often actually. Part of my work is seasonal, so when it is 5 degrees out I tend to play UT to kill time. I work online as well and play during breaks. I don't know who you are, so you must use a diff name while playing. They had it lower than .7 it was .5 I believe for awhile, and it was allowing both game play to get more fairly played. I played 7 maps in a row last night, and 13 maps total of NW, to play 3 combo maps, 2 of which had people botting on.

It isn't fair to the people that have been there playing combo only matches for a long time.

According to utstats you played 4 weapon games and 16 combo games yesterday.

You really need to stop making stuff up.

Thread Information