Coffee - Page 2

User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Coffee

Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post
    Anyone use coffee creamer??
    When I used to drink coffee it was always black with plenty of sugar.

I drink tea all day every day!
    Mostly earl grey and some green tea, but I try new ones whenever I see one in a store.

I wanted this one for Christmas, but they're hard to come by here so I didn't get it. I'm definitely buying it, though.

- - - Updated - - -

Good thing I didn't get it after all. I just came across this beauty while I was looking for that image. It has a removable tea infuser and a timer!
    http://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-Perf..._title_kitchen

I use a steam distiller first to start out with pure H2o. You won't believe how much crap there is in water: bacteria, viruses, antibiotics, hormones, pesticides, heavy metals, you name it.

Might have to look into getting one of those myself

Speaking of tea, right now I'm sipping on http://www.celestialseasonings.com/p...eepytime-extra. I recently started drinking this at night to help me sleep. It does actually seem to help me relax. Last night I passed out in 20 minutes. Tastes good too!

Quote Originally Posted by TimTim View Post
    Speaking of tea, right now I'm sipping on http://www.celestialseasonings.com/p...eepytime-extra. I recently started drinking this at night to help me sleep. It does actually seem to help me relax. Last night I passed out in 20 minutes. Tastes good too!
    I gotta try that. I can't sleep unless I'm completely exhausted. Which causes me to deal with a Non-24-Hour Sleep-Wake Disorder. My days are 25 hours in average, I stay up 1 hour longer each day until I'm all around the clock in about 24 days.

yea, my women use coffee creamer, I prefer a black one with no sugar
    soma - a happiness drug in Aldous Huxley's 'Brave New World'

Quote Originally Posted by seabass View Post
    Might have to look into getting one of those myself
    Even tho I'm sure the water quality in Norway is a lot better than here in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post
    Anyone use coffee creamer??
    just a splash of half and half, there just winds up being something too bitter about it black. but for tea, no creamers at all...also, if the tea is of a medicinal sort, creamer tends to sully some of the properties of the tea.

Quote Originally Posted by seabass View Post
    I drink tea all day every day!
    Mostly earl grey and some green tea, but I try new ones whenever I see one in a store.

Good thing I didn't get it after all. I just came across this beauty while I was looking for that image. It has a removable tea infuser and a timer!
    I dig on the removable infuser, gotta have proper steep time and no more. I run into that problem with the clay sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by IronMaiden View Post
    I gotta try that. I can't sleep unless I'm completely exhausted. Which causes me to deal with a Non-24-Hour Sleep-Wake Disorder. My days are 25 hours in average, I stay up 1 hour longer each day until I'm all around the clock in about 24 days.
    cripes man, that sucks. I know some people recommend "meditation" for that, but that term is way too broad... I could elaborate, but I'm not quite up for writing profusely right now.
    “I was not proud of what I had learned but I never doubted that it was worth knowing.”
    ― Hunter S. Thompson, The Rum Diary

"‘if the American people knew what we had done, they would hang us all from lamp posts’."
    -George H. W. Bush Sr. (Scherff)

“Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants – but debt is the money of slaves.”

Quote Originally Posted by TimTim View Post
    Looks interesting. Might have to give it a try.
    I've only really tried herbal tea once. It tasted weird and I found that it was full of sugar when I read the label on the back.
    Btw, if you guys enjoy green tea and are trying to cut back on sugar, be sure to do some research before buying. Some tea producers add sugars to their teas without writing it on the ingredients list.
    A Norwegian TV show did some research on Twinings green tea & lemon tea, and they found that the tea bag contained 20% (!!) sugar. Twinings, when asked about this claimed that it was added to "enhance the lemon flavor" and that the sugar contents would go down when it was added to hot water or some crap. They are not the only ones that does this. They also found that Lipton did the same.

Quote Originally Posted by IronMaiden View Post
    Even tho I'm sure the water quality in Norway is a lot better than here in the US.
    I don't know about whether it's cleaner when it comes to metals and other impurities, but it sure tastes better. When I lived in the US, I never drank water out of the faucet because it tasted like chlorine. I tried using one of those Brita water filter pitchers, and it helped, but I could still taste it.

Quote Originally Posted by sumbich View Post
    I dig on the removable infuser, gotta have proper steep time and no more. I run into that problem with the clay sometimes.
    Yeah, whenever I screw up and steep too long I just throw it away. Bitter tea sucks :P

Thread Information