Exercises for sore hands and arms - Page 2

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    you have probably just fought poorly trained fighters. Aggression is bad without technique of coarse but in Muay Thai angles feints ect are important, knees and elbows are used when you have bridged the gap and are in a clinch which is not broken up like kickboxing. I agree boxing skills and using angles are important as well as a good defence. This is why eliteverga should take up Muay Thai and not wanking or kickboxing to help those suffering wrists and arms

Should definitely take up kick boxing. Not Mauy Thai. @eliteverga Kicking and bruising hands will definitely allow you to develop stronger arms.

at 1:13 is a good arm exercise...

CK..

wrists and fingers exercise? there's is nothing better than liquid & digits

digits

liquid

soma - a happiness drug in Aldous Huxley's 'Brave New World'

Quote Originally Posted by UT-Sniper-SJA94 View Post
    I don't understand how you guys get sore hands and wrists, I've played a stupid amount of hours some days and my arms are fine.

I use these hand grips all the time, you can get standard ones for about £3, or the "extra strength" ones that are only harder for a few days if that.
    that entirely depends on what the grip # is...check these out:
    http://www.ironmind.com/product-info...ers/index.html

the captains of crush 100lb is well beyond most of the generic ones, I think the best I've seen of generic kinds have been about 60 with many being about 40. 100 is appropriate for anyone with relatively decent hand strength.

the #1 is a serious jammy at 140 pounds. I can still close this one, but I dont do it often, because its getting to the point of like "maxing out" a bench press with the grip # being this high.

the #2, however ....195 lbs you need some seriously strong hands to close this one. I've only been able to get 'em within a cm of each other, but I havent bothered with it in a few years....the next person in my circle that will be able to close this will likely be my buddy's son, but he's only 2 right now

I think #s 3, 3.5, and 4 (280, 322, and 365 lb respectively) actually have certifications for them, if you can close them, the company will literally send someone out to watch you do it and give you a cert if you're that badass. (No. 4: The top of the ladder. Nobody has been certified on this gripper since Magnus Samuelsson in 2004*--who will be next? one basically has to be a professional powerlifter to get close to this amount of hand strength...)

another aspect of that gripper - try to close it, and then bend your wrist in 90 degrees hahahaha

they also have expander bands

grip balls are good

Baoding balls are excellent ( I've got a super heavy pair made from hematite that are over a pound)

also got some of these eagle claw loops that are excellent for finger strength, these are awesome for pullups:

I've always been all about good hand strength, my older bro was always strong and inspired me to do so also, so all the grip work I did in my late childhood and teenage years paid off when doing things like pole vault, rock climbing, drumming or playing a 6 string bass.

Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post
    Really? Muay Thai is all about POWER. If you miss that power shot, you are royally fucked. This is where kickboxing's speed, agility and acrobatics come into play. Who can't throw a knee and an elbow? Come on.

Every Muay Thai fighter I've been against, have been very poor boxers. All they have is a powerful kick and guess what, step back as he kicks then step in and he spins simply because he put his life into that kick and there's an easy KO
    its always, always about how good the fighter is and whether they are trained well enough to counter the style the opponent is presenting.

that said...

massage is important. if you know a good masseuse, even better. for self massage, the point in the middle of the web of the thumb is good, as is basically any other spot where the muscle branches out from the tendon; many acupoints are situated as such.

the stuff a chiro will do to your hands is great also

also - POSTURE. angles are important, if you have shitty posture, monitor too high or low, keyboard and mousing surface too high or low, and it will git ya sooner or later.

if you want to get into more subtle aspects, breath can also be used. breathe in through the tips of the bones of the fingers, after comfortable, expand and then inhale at each joint. it can also be effective to imagine a cog or a gear at the joint, and use your intention to spin the cog along with the breath.
    Last edited by sumbich; 02-13-2016 at 03:14 PM.

Last edited by WeeDMaN; 02-13-2016 at 03:42 PM. Reason: Wrong Post!

men don't need. men already have their own "tool" :P
    █████████ Loading Hax 99%
    C:\Users\name\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\

one important thing I forgot to add was that exercises that focus on the threat title will be a little different and certainly less intensive than if one's hands and arms are not sore or damaged to begin with.

if one's starting point is of damage, then healing & recuperation alongside very gentle exercise and range of motion exercises are more appropriate than much of what I posted above.

one of the biggest laws of training is dont train so hard that you hurt yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by sumbich View Post
    one of the biggest laws of training is dont train so hard that you hurt yourself.
    And don't train with your ego.

heh....usually the latter engenders the former

I remember my older bro's muscle mags back in the day, quote from Ahnuld: When my body says no, I say YES!!!

best know the difference between "I dont wanna" and "I'm hurt, you asshole!"

becomes more of a problem with age and slothiness

Thread Information