Cars

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cars

Cars

Do you guys and gals own a car or like cars?

What's your favorite brands? (Mine are Honda/Acura, Toyota/Lexus)
    I don't care much about luxury cars, so I prefer the "ordinaries" one. I just want to be sure the car is spacious enough to be comfortable.

If any of you drive cars, do you prefer a manual transmission or automatic transmission?
    What do you check when buying/getting a car?
    █████████ Loading Hax 99%
    C:\Users\name\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\

toyotas and nissans are engineered well but at a biyyyyyaaaaaaaaaaaaaatch to work on. (whereas BMWs are so overengineered, a lot of things, if you arent a cert'd mechanic and have all the specialized tools, forgetabout working on it much) overengineered=take a million things apart that have little to nothing to do with the part you need to fix/replace. one of the reasons I'm a ford guy because they are much easier to fix. but I like old shit, I dont trust all the electronics these days. the more old school the connections, the better, to a certain point.

every car I've ever owned has been a manual, I cant stand automatic, you feel so disconnected from the car and engine's operations. plus a manual is so much more solid and last so much longer its not even funny, you never have problems with a manual unless you are so bad with it that you're wreckin teeth.

when getting a car, check for fluid leaks. oil, water, tranny. look around the water pump and make sure there's no evidence of it leaking water from it. start the car, listen for loud upper (lifters etc.) turn the wheel back and forth a bit and see if the pwr steering pump is loud. ride it and see how the alignment/tires are (also check tire wear, this will always tell you if the alignment is off, unless the doofus put brand new tires on to sell it.) operate all of the electronics and make sure it doesnt have some wacky electrical issues (with some cars like a VW, half or more of the time those weird electrical issues are the whole friggin electrical harness...)

also a good idea to go online and look at reviews of the model you're interested in, that will also point you at the most common things that go to shit on a given car.
    Last edited by sumbich; 04-18-2016 at 02:59 PM.
    “I was not proud of what I had learned but I never doubted that it was worth knowing.”
    ― Hunter S. Thompson, The Rum Diary

"‘if the American people knew what we had done, they would hang us all from lamp posts’."
    -George H. W. Bush Sr. (Scherff)

“Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants – but debt is the money of slaves.”

how many pics do you want me to post? and what kind of cars? i can post some of bmw seeing as im heading out to bmw tomorrow. can also post pics of land rover, Hyundai, opel, peugeot, Toyota, Mazda and honda. honestly land rovers are the most comfortable cars i've ever sit in. altough my next car will probably be a bmw maybe a 5 series or something. (automatic transmision)

btw for the info i wash cars for living.

Where I live there is a few Lamborghinis that are normally around, I've only seen them a few times, but almost everyday I can hear the distinct sounds of a modern Lambo engine. There is also a white Ferrari 458 I've seen quite a few times, there are quite a few super cars about, I'm guessing it's because the Yorkshire dales are not that far away, and it's a nice play to drive.

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|kenneth View Post
    how many pics do you want me to post? and what kind of cars? i can post some of bmw seeing as im heading out to bmw tomorrow. can also post pics of land rover, Hyundai, opel, peugeot, Toyota, Mazda and honda. honestly land rovers are the most comfortable cars i've ever sit in. altough my next car will probably be a bmw maybe a 5 series or something. (automatic transmision)

post as much pics as you can :P

The Best There Ever Will Be! |uK|B|aZe//.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by |uK|kenneth View Post
    kenneth does detailing, theres a massive difference in detailing a car than just a simple wash....

call it detailing kenneth!

I own a honda civic type r (2004) model

about honda, i want the honda civic 2016, it looks so nice

Eh I'll just mention... a 1968 Camaro Z/28. <3

http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript for uscript discussion.

My only advice is dont even think about buying american cars prior to 2010. They are unreliable POS. Nowadays people are going for hyundai, honda, toyota, acura etc..

what about european cars like Audi? o.o

Thread Information