dear americans o.o - Page 12

User Tag List

Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    That was too easy.

LOLWUT, what the fucking fuck?
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Higor View Post
    LOLWUT, what the fucking fuck?
    probably photoshop or some dude who looks similar
    █████████ Loading Hax 99%
    C:\Users\name\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\

I'm late to the party on why nobody breaks the two-party cycle, but here's the obligatory CGP Grey video explaining it anyway.

The short of it is that any system that relies on one vote per person rather than approval or range voting effectively guarantees that only two political coalitions will be viable- the alternative divides the vote among similar coalitions and therefore strengthens their opponent.

For example, suppose we have three parties, Red, Blue, and Green. Most people usually vote Red or Blue. if John, Jake, Shirley, and Irene are left-leaning, and Bill, Ted, and Emily are right-leaning, it'd be a Blue victory in a single-vote election in which they choose their closest, most generally popular candidate. But now suppose John and Shirley vote for the third-party, Green, while Jake and Irene continue to vote Blue, and the conservative three still vote for Red - Red wins this election, even though the majority of voters do not support Red and might have agreed with either of the two losing parties.

That's why people who voted for Nader in 2000 are often blamed for Bush (though in Florida there were many other, stronger factors that contributed to Bush's victory) and part of why third-party candidates are mostly considered non-viable (and further, why a huge chunk of people have become politically apathetic - they know the system is broken and is extremely difficult to fix). The voting system has to change before you can expect this to change.

If we were instead able to choose all of the candidates of which we approve (and pass losers' votes on to the next winner), or even give each of them an honest (or electorally strategic, either's fine) ranking, we would have far better representation in terms of which candidates we most want to see take the stage because there would no longer be a vote-splitting problem.
    Last edited by Scourge; 08-10-2016 at 02:23 AM.

excellent analysis

Quote Originally Posted by LordRixuel View Post
    probably photoshop or some dude who looks similar
    http://www.wptv.com/news/state/orlan...y-in-kissimmee

Given that they've been watching seats, making sure anti cankles people do not get to attend, having gone and put hired asses in seats for the bern supporters that left before they declared electoral fraud is acceptable ...

Clinton and all DNC heads should be in jail for electoral fraud right now.
    Last edited by sumbich; 08-10-2016 at 09:17 AM.
    “I was not proud of what I had learned but I never doubted that it was worth knowing.”
    ― Hunter S. Thompson, The Rum Diary

"‘if the American people knew what we had done, they would hang us all from lamp posts’."
    -George H. W. Bush Sr. (Scherff)

“Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants – but debt is the money of slaves.”

I'd love to hear Trump get to the debates with her and say so hillary, how's the parkinsons disease coming along?
    “I was not proud of what I had learned but I never doubted that it was worth knowing.”
    ― Hunter S. Thompson, The Rum Diary

"‘if the American people knew what we had done, they would hang us all from lamp posts’."
    -George H. W. Bush Sr. (Scherff)

“Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants – but debt is the money of slaves.”

Regardless of the source, again, if this stuff is for real then shit's going down fast.
    It's high time we started looking at her VP more closely, something smells way too rancid here.

Alex Jones? Didn't he say Obama would have millions of citizens in FEMA death camps by now? His stopped clock strategy is hilarious. Isn't he considered a zionist shill by cutting edge conspiracy hypothesists?

Quote Originally Posted by uranus View Post
    Isn't he considered a zionist shill by cutting edge conspiracy hypothesists?
    Shill and water filter merchant.

Still, I've learned to not instantly disregard anything just because of the source, gotta analyze that content bro.
    The moment you instantly disregard something because of someone, you've been successfully turned into a zombie/demoralized.
    Even Glenn Beck (who's been lately been behaving like a nutjob) predicted the creation of a caliphate a few years ago so always keep the mind open to new, unexpected possibilities.

Thread Information