Scourge

Team switching.
    100 matches break.
    http://imgur.com/a/L3mA3

Quote Originally Posted by HIGH+CAMILO View Post
    Team switching.
    100 matches break.
    http://imgur.com/a/L3mA3
    So. Let me start by saying I'm not going to fight this ban, regardless of the outcome of this conversation.

Now without context, it's difficult for me to say for sure what game this was, but I have my suspicions. And if I'm right, I also know who probably sent you this screenshot, and why they left the scoreboard out. I can also tell you why I did it.

My first question is, what map is this, and do you have access to the team stats at the time?
    Last edited by Scourge; 07-28-2016 at 03:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    So. Let me start by saying I'm not going to fight this ban, regardless of the outcome of this conversation.

Now without context, it's difficult for me to say for sure what game this was, but I have my suspicions. And if I'm right, I also know who probably sent you this screenshot, and why they left the scoreboard out. I can also tell you why I did it.

My first question is, what map is this, and do you have access to the team stats at the time?
    It was bluevember and if you get balanced you shouldn't switch back.

Camilo I will pm you.

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|fleecey View Post
    It was bluevember
    Okay, fair enough.

Yeah, if I got switched I couldn't switch back to add an extra 2 player on the other team. Instead, I goes into spec asap as not contributing any help to the opposite team.

http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript for uscript discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Chamberly View Post
    Yeah, if I got switched I couldn't switch back to add an extra 2 player on the other team. Instead, I goes into spec asap as not contributing any help to the opposite team.
    What's wrong with help other team if you get switched?

Nothing wrong with leaving it as I been spending time to help the team I'm originally on to win against the other. Leaving my team to help other is more like a betrayal act lol. I know I have weird way of saying it, but I know I'm not the only one who feel the same way. I don't like leaving the team I'm assigned on to avoid the griping of other peoples saying I end up on that team because of <insert million of excuses they all come up with>.

Even if I get an timeout, or redbox and had to disconnect from server b4 I crash or so and reconnect to see if the server crashed or it was just my internet having a large amount of packet loss... and end up on other team, peoples will bitch and threaten to post on forum for ban or so and say I did it on purpose to get on other team. It may not happen to me but it did happen to many other including innocent ones. Only if the server will log all player action and chat (where we can all have access to see this - public posting), you'll see the trouble that's going around and a bigger picture of how many are misunderstanding.
    Last edited by Chamberly; 07-28-2016 at 05:05 PM.

http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript for uscript discussion.

Scoreboard is the ultimate context provider here.
    Otherwise in this case anyone on blue would get banned for switching to my team... despite the obvious differences lmao.

EDIT: I always mean 'switching back' if you DC'd.
    Switching just for lols is still a no.

Last edited by Higor; 07-28-2016 at 05:17 PM.
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Chamberly View Post
    Nothing wrong with leaving it as I been spending time to help the team I'm originally on to win against the other. Leaving my team to help other is more like a betrayal act lol. I know I have weird way of saying it, but I know I'm not the only one who feel the same way. I don't like leaving the team I'm assigned on to avoid the griping of other peoples saying I end up on that team because of <insert million of excuses they all come up with>.

Even if I get an timeout, or redbox and had to disconnect from server b4 I crash or so and reconnect to see if the server crashed or it was just my internet having a large amount of packet loss... and end up on other team, peoples will bitch and threaten to post on forum for ban or so and say I did it on purpose to get on other team. It may not happen to me but it did happen to many other including innocent ones. Only if the server will log all player action and chat (where we can all have access to see this - public posting), you'll see the trouble that's going around and a bigger picture of how many are misunderstanding.
    To add to what Chamberly and Higor are saying, it's not just a matter of not being able to help a team you've invested time in, but also that being switched can make stacking worse. Again, I don't remember the circumstances of this game, but I do know that in a recent game of Icepost I was threatened with being reported for switching back to the losing team on balance despite a massive difference in stats.

My major issue with the "no switch" rule is that it often makes manual balancing impossible - the best you can hope to do without breaking the rule is to spec out if you're auto-switched. And then, when can you begin playing again despite being kicked out for circumstances beyond your control?

Why can't you switch back to original team?
    irc.globalgamers.net #codereview

Thread Information