Niven is a shitty, shitty map. - Page 3

User Tag List

View Poll Results: How would you nerf Niven?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Remove it

18 56.25%
  • Mine limit 1-3

3 9.38%
  • Mine limit 3-8

1 3.13%
  • Outlaw antifun

2 6.25%
  • Fix the fucking balancer

1 3.13%
  • Leave it be

7 21.88%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Krikor View Post
    Cube's version had two ways into the base, also there was no door in the main entrance

Still doesnt change the fact that every niven out there is just shit
    I'm not super fan of Niven as I used to be but I don't see what is the point of changing a map to another version if people do vote Niven and actually likes it. Server usually gets filled fast and normally when Niven is on, people come online to play.

I don't mind if we try a new version but if it's not working as the other one we should definitely put other back on.

Niven is voted by mostly noobies, I guess they get tired of not being able to kill anyone so they need a map that requires no skill at all

I only vote Niven to attract players when the server is near empty. *shrugs*

Certaines map sont encore pires que Niven en terme de jouabilité. Mais prétendre que seuls les joueurs débutants la choisissent c'est faux. Pour ma part, ce n'est pas une map que je choisi délibérément. C'est une map compliquée qui nécessite un équipement particulier et un mode de jeu particulier également. Le seul problème ici est que le supply est en ligne directe de tous les tirs ennemis.
    C'est d'ailleurs à ce propos que j'avais proposé une modification du profil des supplis pour éviter tous les spams habituels. En l'espèce, inclure que le premier supply simple puis que le premier super supply soient protégés des tirs ennemis sur un champ invisible d'au moins 8 joueurs rassemblés. Champ invisible non pas sphérique mais plutôt en forme de boîte à camembert de la hauteur du supply construit. Tous les supply optionnels conservant leur structure habituelle. Seule obligation, il faut que ces supplys soient placés dans une zone neutre par rapport au core de façon à ne pas s'en servir comme bouclier tactique.

translate gg
    Some map are even worse than Niven in terms of gameplay. But to claim that only the beginners choose what is wrong. For me, this is not a map that I deliberately chose. This is a complicated map which requires special equipment and a special game mode also. The only problem here is that the supply is in direct line of all enemy fire.
    It is also here that I proposed an amendment supplis profile to avoid all the usual spam. In this case, include the first single supply then that the first great supply are protected from enemy fire on an invisible field of at least 8 players together.
    not spherical but rather invisible field camembert box shape of the height of the building supply. All optional supply maintaining their usual structure. Only obligation requires that these supplys are placed in a neutral area in relation to the core so as not to be used as a tactical shield.
    Last edited by francoise; 10-17-2016 at 09:22 AM.
    surrealist painter
    Blog : http://blog-bjl.bjl-multimedia.fr

Thread Information