User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New Upgrade, which one is best?

Hi,
    May be I am posting this in the wrong thread but I could not find a better place for it.
    I just want to ask, what upgrade will be best for UT?
    My beast now:
    cpu: core i5-2500k @4.3Ghz
    gpu: AMD Radeon HD5770 512 MB
    monitor 27" @60Hz

I am planning an upgrade and want make the best of it, so what do you advice?
    A) MSI GeForce GTX 1050 TI 4G OC
    B) 27" monitor @144Hz
    or
    C) not planned but may be a better cpu?

Which upgrade will be best for me? I am asking this because I heard UT is more CPU hungry then GPU...? If its true then a new monitor make more sense for me (cause I think i5 is fair enough)?

of course it is enough, I've had my i5 760 overclocked to 3.5ghz for seven years now and stil don't plan upgrading it because it is still a great cpu ,

and go for 27"/144 by all means , I've had my 27/144/1ms iiyama GB2773HS for over three years now (running 16h everyday and no sign of a badpixel) and love it every single day but most people buy assus 24"

as for a graphic card MSI GeForce GTX 1050 TI 4G OC looks nice, but since I don't play anything else than UT I'm fine with my geforce gtx550ti 1gb as long as it's still breathing
    Last edited by soma; 01-23-2017 at 04:38 PM.
    soma - a happiness drug in Aldous Huxley's 'Brave New World'

first go 144hz.
    second go RX470 over the 1050Ti as it crushes it for $20 more for 40%+ faster in games.
    third wait til ryzen comes out for a cpu upgrade.

CK..
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptorr View Post
    I'm not that stupid to use cheat 2 times

Stop spending all this money to play UT

http://gamesystemrequirements.com/ga...eal-tournament

The more modern equipment you have, the more problems you're going to have running UT.

Quote Originally Posted by UT-Sniper-SJA94 View Post
    The more modern equipment you have, the more problems you're going to have running UT.
    Exactly. I ran UT so well on a 350mhz PC. It ran way better than any of the later PCs. What you're building for UT is unnecessary.

Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post
    Exactly. I ran UT so well on a 350mhz PC. It ran way better than any of the later PCs. What you're building for UT is unnecessary.
    Old crt with high hz is still better then most new screens 😐

The most bankaccount friendly solution is the solution of SAM. May be I wait a bit with the upgrade and start with a new monitor. Thx everyone for the thoughts

I definitely agree with ClanKiller and Soma. A new monitor will be so much better for performance, especially aiming. I switched to a BenQ 144hz a while back and the game looks so much smoother. When I go back to my Asus HD 60 hz, (still a great monitor) it looks really jittery.

I am starting to span onto more recent games like WarThunder, Battlefield 1 (Nothing like BF1,2,3,4 which I hate), FarCry4..... etc. and my old i5 760 OC to 3.5ghz, 12GB Ram and 2GB 750Ti Graphics is just not good enough for me on my 27" 144hz Screen.

I am spoilt and want Ultra settings all round. New setup which I am putting together in the next week or so will be serious overkill for UT99 but will give me ultra on everything. I still love a game of UT99 but I am finding the new siege version absolutely horrible for more reasons than just the out of whack constructor crosshair. I like a good game of iG, but it tends to be too full every time I check to play, great for the server, but bad for my patience.
    Last edited by ][X][~FLuKE~][X][; 01-25-2017 at 04:40 PM.

Thread Information