User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by |uK|Hayden View Post
    i'm an audiophile but i invested most of my money into my car. i have a JL 12" w7 subwoofer powered by a 1000 watt JL amp, 2 pioneer 6x9's and a PA horn powered by a 500 watt pioneer amp and 4 crossfire 6 1/2" in the doors powered by 500 watt crossfire amp.
    PRetty impressive , You driving it in a rice burner ?

And for myself I have the Monster beats in ears ---->http://reviews.cnet.com/headphones/m...-33775385.html

Quote Originally Posted by Lee_Stricklin View Post
    , but ones I put together myself, including modifications done to the speakers I hooked up to them.
    Just curious. How do you go about modifying a speaker? Dont see the point in doing that when you can just buy a better speaker. No purpose in replacing the cone or magnets.

I was building an audio system in my car for competition. I will post some of the work on my car so far lol

Just so I can get some of you going...I have fully deadened my car as well as fit in 2x 8 inch mid bass subwoofers at the front, mid range speakers and tweets. That doesn't include the 4000w 12inch sub in the boot/trunk. I have 1x 1200 watt amp running the sub, 1x 1200 watt amp running the 8inch mid bass at the front and a 4x 100watt amp running the 2x mid range and 2x tweets.

Is your car louder than a plane? What are watts?
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
    Winston Churchill

The Best There Ever Will Be! |uK|B|aZe//.'s Avatar
    power

Quote Originally Posted by Sakura|uK| View Post
    Is your car louder than a plane? What are watts?
    I got a decibel reader and yes, my car is louder than an airplane.

Watts actually don't matter, in fact I like to think the higher the wattage, the less efficient a speaker is. Hell with just 500 watts I got my room to be louder than actual gunshots (really made Escape from Butcher Bay intense.), though I'm not sure of the actual decibel reading as I don't have anything for measuring that at the moment. I occasionally have fun playing the Quake games with the volume nearly maxed lol pisses everyone off, can't hear ANYTHING else but my game. That reminds me, I'm restoring and modifying a pair of Sanyo SS695's that my sister almost threw out.

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|Hayden View Post
    Just curious. How do you go about modifying a speaker? Dont see the point in doing that when you can just buy a better speaker. No purpose in replacing the cone or magnets.
    Some of the speakers I've acquired had a few "shortcuts" taken on them, such as having half-assed crossovers and really crappy guage (lol like 32 or thinner) internal wiring. That's mostly what I screw around with, all of my ESS HD 308s have different crossovers and wiring from what came with them and will probably get different surrounds fitted on the woofers as well. I also plan on moving the drivers into new cabinets along with some ESS mids I've scored on Ebay and some 3-way crossovers. And for the purpose of maintaining my equipment, I've also researched how to replace voice coils, etc. in case something breaks on me, as I have some old/discontinued equipment (got stuff from the early 80s) that has higher sound quality than most of the stuff you'll find on the market today.

Which reminds me: I also have a pair of JVC Marshmallow IEM headphones that sounded like shit until modified as well, look up "Kramer mod" for those and you'll have yourself some good headphones for $10-$20, probably better sounding than most of that Apple (Apple, nuff said), Monster (make it look pretty, mark that shit up), and SkullCandy (target teens that know nothing about headphones, make it look pretty, mark it up) crap kids run around with these days.
    Last edited by Lee_Stricklin; 06-25-2011 at 01:09 AM.

Too much reading for my liking >_<
    But atleast i got a post count =)

Scar didnt you had this one?
    http://www.expansys.com/logitech-pre...eadset-149238/
    Cause i'm about to buy that one.
    Or if anyone else got any input about that one don't be shy.

Thread Information